SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : MUST HEAR: God's New Thing by David Legge (audio)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 MUST HEAR: God's New Thing by David Legge (audio)

Saints,

David Legge shares his burden about what God is doing in now and will be doing in revival in the future. This message is prophetic and carries with it a great weight about the true reality of a move of God and the biblical implications. This is a very important message for the times we are living in as the body of Christ.

Hear the powerful prophetic message below in mp3 audio:

God's New Thing by David Legge
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=19081&commentView=itemComments

2013/6/4 11:25Profile

Re: MUST HEAR: God's New Thing by David Legge (audio)

I consider this message to be potentially dangerous.

There is only one result when men come into the presence of a living and a holy God. They fall onto their faces and cry out 'Woe is me'. The absolute focus and emphasis in a true revival is on the holiness of God and the way for a man to be made holy through the crisis known as entire sanctification and that will never, can never change.

To say that there can be a new emphasis, which we are seeing in Wales at the moment, is a lie of the enemy. I have heard of holiness being mentioned, but it is far from being the emphasis. I fear what will become of those who oppose a false move, as their reputation is torn up with the name of Pharasee being banded about.

Make no mistake, those who are involved with this, do not like to be crossed.

2013/6/4 12:45
UntoBabes

Oregon

Thank you Greg for a timely sermon.
As much as I hate to disagree with brothers and sisters who stand for the holiness of God in an age where God is made to be anything alse but holy, I must say that this speaker is right on target.

2013/6/4 17:46Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

I felt I had to add something to what I just said.

God does not really have an old way of doing things and a new one. All that God does is new. When God chose Abraham (father of every Jew according to the flesh), Abraham was a Gentile. That was a new thing at the time, but when God again chose the Gentiles, that was considered by the Jew as a new thing. That is because the first new thing has become an old thing, but God never really changed the way He did things.

When God comes to a place people react differently to His presence. You see that often when reading the accounts of past revival, some become very stressed over sin, others are taken in rapturous joy, some sing, some weep. Why is that?
It is simply because we are not all at the same walk in life. When God meets a sinner who had made a wreck of his life, fallen to drug addiction, demon worship, and now is about to take his own life. God may not manifest Himself to that sinner as the righteous, and holy judge who demands account for past wrongs, at least at that moment He may not. God may show Himself as a God of grace and love. While He may manifest Himself as a God of holiness and judgment who demands restitution and public confession to a complacent, pleasure loving church member who is feuding with his brother.

You may apply that same principle to Revivals.
Ask yourself what kind of people is the revival targeting, because that will define the reaction you see and the message you hear preached.

This is not something new. It may appear new to us, but if you read the Bible carefully you will find that Jesus did not address the woman caught in adultery the same way He did the rich young ruler.

However, as the speaker said, there are common characteristics to every genuine move of God among these is that it produces holy lives.

2013/6/4 19:07Profile

Re:

I am talking about the reaction of the people of God, who are the ones initially affected by revival on being convicted that their attitude towards sin brings them under condemnation. The secondary effect is with the unsaved. Of course they will react in various ways but the Christians will be down in the dust in repentance and the effect on their friends and families will be profound. All of a sudden people will be talking about sinlessness not physical healing which is by the by.

Of course the expressions of the people will differ but one thing will stand out and it is the newly discovered doctrine of entire sanctification.

2013/6/5 6:45
gators52

Central Florida

Re:

I'm not sure sanctification is a new discovery. Maybe a renewal of an old doctrine which is much needed today.

2013/6/5 7:29Profile

Re:

That's what l mean - it is forgotten but when revival comes it is though it has been newly discovered.

2013/6/5 7:38
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

I first heard this message just after David gave it at that conference a few years back.

Thought it was one of the best messages I've ever heard.

2013/6/5 10:21Profile
brothagary

Re:

I felt led to post this link I hope it works because I have a filter set up and I cant watch you tube related videos ,, it is called return to the reviver by david ford a sermon index conference at Barnsdall was where it was preached ,it is in the video sermons in sermon index ,,it is a similar message to this one by mr legge ,,and is a clearly an anointed message that realy is a must hear ,,blessings to you all

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myvideo/photo.php?lid=1302

2013/6/9 6:28Profile
turn

USA

From the text: Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert. (Isaiah 43:19)

2013/6/9 7:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy