SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Evangelical Lutheran Church of America elects first openly gay bishop in Los Angeles

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Evangelical Lutheran Church of America elects first openly gay bishop in Los Angeles

The Evangelical Lutheran Church of America has elected to a six-year term the denomination's first openly gay bishop.
In a press release, church officials say Rev. R. Guy Erwin was elected Friday at a church annual assembly.

The church's rules changed in 2009 to allow gays and lesbians to be ordained in the nation's largest Lutheran denomination.

read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/01/evangelical-lutheran-church-america-elects-first-openly-gay-bishop-in-los/

2013/6/4 9:38Profile

Re: Evangelical Lutheran Church of America elects first openly gay bishop in Los Ange

"Nevertheless, so long as the Church of England sticks firmly to the Bible, the Article, and the principles of protestant Reformation, so long I advise you strongly to stick to the Church. When the Articles are thrown overboard and the old flag is hauled down, then, and not till then, it will be time for you and me to launch the boats and quit the wreck" J. C Ryle.
I think it's time to heed an advice like this as far as this church is concern.

2013/6/4 11:12

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy