· Text Sermons
    Christian Books
    Online Bibles
· Video Sermons
· Vintage Images
· Discussion Forum
· Help Support
· Contact Us

Share SI with others - Add a website link or image banner on your website or blog.

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Position or anointing?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Position or anointing?

It is interesting to note that Saul and all of Israel were afraid of the giant, Goliath. He was allowed to stand, established in the battle-field , unchallenged. This was not the first time the Israelites were afraid of giants. When the spies were sent in to spy out the land by Moses, the report of ten out of the twelve spies was one of fear, fear of the giants. What is the difference between those who are powerless over giants and those who would run towards them? In Saul and David's case, we see that one had the position and the other had the anointing. What would you have in this life brothers and sisters? Now the one with the position is initially pleased with the outcome of the fight between David and Goliath.

Was he pleased because the arrogant mouth of the enemy who blasphemed our God was shut? Or was he pleased that his own self serving purposes had been achieved? Now we see that one has a distressing spirit. Saul had already proved that he was a law unto himself and now had to walk this world himself, without God. Yet, when he heard the people praising David above him, pride and envy and hatred began to build in his heart. When David began to worship God and come into His presence, it merely highlighted to Saul what he did not have and with spear in hand, he said in his heart " I will pin David to the wall!” ‘Now Saul was afraid of David because the Lord was with him but had departed from Saul.” (1 Sam 18:12)

There is a difference between the religious man and the man of God. One has position and the other has anointing. What would you have in this life brothers and sisters? These two entities have existed side by side since Cain and Abel. One has an acceptable sacrifice, a broken and a contrite heart, the other has his works. The fire of God falls on one and not the other. Whether it is Cain and Abel, or Saul and David or Jesus and the Pharisees or the martyrs and the Catholic church, there is one thing for sure in these cases, one had the position in this life and the other had the anointing. What would you have in this life brothers and sisters? This state of affairs has and will exist until the Lord returns.

The one with the position will persecute the one with the anointing. In fact, we are moving into times where we will see this " Saul spirit," arise to unseen heights. And directly proportional to the anointing is the level of the persecution. Yet be of good cheer brothers and sisters, for "The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all. (Psalm 34:17-19) ............bro Frank

2013/6/3 12:47

Re: Position or anointing?

how I love you my dear brother Frank.

Saints, brethren, I cant tell you the joy I've had; just talking and reasoning over the Deep Things of God with my brother Frank, a plainspoken, humble, yet in possession of a keen intellect....I have never SEEN him, face to face, but I can tell you this, I would give him the keys to both my ranch and ride to watch, if I had to go far aboard, and not worry one millisecond.

This VERY thing has been on my heart, I see it all around, not only this very day, but thru history...tragic and sad, breaks my heart to the core....maybe that's why Frank feels like blood kin to me, we talk about this very thing....and I get cheered that ONE OTHER SOUL....feels the same, sees the same tragic repetitive madness and sin, walking itself thru the ages.

Right now, I'm reading Barbara Tuchman's "A Distant Mirror-The Calamitous 14th Century".......ooohhhh. You think things are BAD now?....and the "church"?....let's nopt even go there.......one could say, "oh that was pre-Luther".....PLEASE, lets not go there.

Brethren, I been digging thru the Psalter, I want to get at the Basis' of Prayer....and Frank, you wrote of the man of God, as opposed to the religious man.....there's a Verse that comes at me...to me, and its EVERYTHING 16th Psalm, First, Second and Third Verses ...(I pray you all get from This What I do) [why does this format capitalize the "I"s?!?...in "I"...did it again!!!!]

"Preserve me, O God, for in you I take refuge.
2 I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord;
I have no good apart from you.”

3 As for the saints in the land, they are the excellent ones,
in whom is all my delight."

THATS EVERYTHING!! don't you think?......."IN You"....what?....."I take refuge".....then that confession...need, reality..."YOU are my Lord".....

here's what I love, "I have NO GOOD....APART....You."

here's what I love, this third verse, who's doing the talking?.....is it David?....because then you look to your brother and sister.

"As for the saints in the land".....that's you all.....then

"they are the excellent ones",....and then WHAT?

"in whom is all my delight."

Now if David is saying this.....and 3,000 years later, i'm instilling this in my heart and soul...You, you and you and you..........are...."in whom is all my delight."

You.....are excellent ones.....but also, for real now...WE, as a Body, KNIT...have no good, APART from God, apart from Jesus

AND, we have NO OPTION, but to "take refuge" "IN You"....That You being Yahweh and the Son, Messiah,Jesus Who takes up abode in us.

lets live like that, simple plain humble authentic......give me a flawed, messed up, but AUTHENTIC man like David any day of the week, over ......well, I see them all the time....so perfect...speaks "christianese" flawlessly.....got that 3 point sermon DOWN PAT....and then we go to the Denny's after "worship service".

okay, have fun...I got sharpening stones, and many weapons....I have a dead eye aim, put a round right thru the center of Goliath's forehead, before I cut it off....

so those who want to go to Denny's.....go.

Caesar needs you well fed anyway, so go.

and if you THINK, i'm just writing "crazy"...or "in my flesh"?....we'll see.

2013/6/3 22:34
Solomon101

Minnesota

Re:

Appolus-

Good word. It is spot on.

This two sided dichotomy you refer to is the challenge we all must face within ourselves on a daily basis. Two sides pulling at us and we must choose unto which we will give our souls and beings to.

It has ever been so. In the garden there was the tree of eternal life to partake of. However, the tree of knowledge of good and evil also seductively called to God's creation. The man and woman would have to determine unto which they would surrender themselves. A position or the anointing... to recast it in your original language.

Again, it is a good, timely, and extremely important word you have communicated in this thread.

Thanks for sharing it with everyone! Blessings to you!

2013/6/4 9:13Profile

Re:

Dear brother Solomon and bro Neil,

Thank you for your replies. Just so you know Neil, I feel the same way about you. The Lord has knitted our hearts together in a way that only He can. This is the work of the Holy Spirit building His Body and this, I believe, is the true characteristic of brothers in Christ, brothers who would rather harm themselves than harm their brothers.In my opinion it is quite rare. Oh that those who confess Christ would love in such a selfless fashion.

Brother Solomon. Thank you for your word. It made me stop and ponder and I see that in my own post I stopped short at Cain and Abel, and that you have rightfully identified the root of this " position versus anointing." Now men love position in life and it is seductive. They love the praise of others and they love to sit at the head of the table. Yet, the love that Neil was expressing is the kind of love that gives me his seat at the table!!!! Even men of the world have their version of it and Jesus said that greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

So our question would need to be, do we love like this? Would we take the hit, would we rather harm ourselves than harm our brothers, would we even lay down our lives for our brothers for even some of the world have done this? If you love your position here on this earth, if you love the applause and the place at the head of the table, it is impossible for you to love like this. Dare I say that you cannot love two masters, your position in this world, and I am talking about matters of religion, and the anointing, which births such a love. David proves this in a spectacular fashion when Saul wanders into his cave. He even repented of cutting of a piece of Saul's robe, wow, this is the mark of a man after God's own heart.

Now if that is the high standard of mere men, what is the standard of God.....

Rom 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Would you die, would you give up your position, would you disregard what others think for a righteous man? Well you are possibly in the company of the better ones of this world. Yet, to walk in anointing, you would give up your life for an unrighteous man, a man that has offended you, a man that does not measure up to your standards. This is the anointing love, this is the love that repents of even cutting a piece of the robe...........bro Frank

2013/6/4 19:29

much "meat" here

where do I begin?

first...and as God is my witness...I take your bullet Frank, you DO NOT take mine....no discussion on this, simply because you remember, when I was felled by that dread illness, a foul bacterium ....and I was in the ER, laying on the gurney....2008....a 105 degree fever, I insisted they tell me truth...told them NOT to worry, i'm a good patient, I just don't like lies....and they said, "You're fifty-fifty, and we have to do immediate exploratory surgery, we might have detected a necrotic mass in your left ankle, and if it is, we have to remove your foot".

what happened next IN MY SOUL, was Jesus...I was ecstatic!!...it was what Paul wrote in Philippians...I didn't know WHICH was better. to be with the Lord, or stay here!! there was no fear....none!!!

I called for the chaplain....they thought to have weepy prayers over me...No! no no no! I wanted to rejoice, AND I wanted a brother IN Christ to rejoice with...oh, I frightened that dear man to pieces...though my three week stay there, I called for him, he never came back to me.

At that point, two things happened, Jesus FREED me, like He "frees the prisoners"...from what?..from the bondage of the fear of "death".....AND, at that moment, I experienced something I believe is called "eternal assurance"...there was NO DOUBT in my soul, I was going to be with God....meaning Heaven. God the Holy Ghost assured me of that....not that I was asking Him....he just let me know.

I think sometimes people use Jesus, as a cheap "get out of hell free" card.

Saints, is not the Privilege of loving Him here enough?....I cant describe what i'm trying to say adequately....but what im saying to you Frank is this...I have been to that ruddy Cliffside..."Fifty-Fifty", therefore I would PREFER to take the bullet.....as I would PREFER, say you lived up here....and we prayed over "starting" a Work for Jesus...of course, we ask Jesus to Pastor this Work....that's just a Given, as far as i'm led....but as far as nominal "human" leadership?

I esteem you greater...and I fear God, therefore you would HAVE to take the "human" reins...sometimes in that great Revival Psalm of 24..."who shall ascend the Hill of the LORD?...."...I get uncomfortable....i'm quite aware of my own inner nature, and though this awareness is present, I get under the Blood....and the Blood is wholly sufficient to cleanse of ALL sin...my name is not "Uzziah".....

Bless God for threads like this...please let me be "real"...please let me embrace a Love for God and a child like Faith...I don't care to argue this doctrine and that doctrine....All I want is Jesus, all I want is to be among the company of saints in the Heart of John 17, The high Priestly Prayer of Jesus, worshipping in love and truth and being One with Him, and knit fearfully together with my brothers and sisters.

Bless the Lord O my soul....

2013/6/4 20:26
rbanks

Saul had been anointed by God to be King but He lost it through disobedience.

God chose him out a man that was after His heart. God told Samuel to anoint David to be the next King. God anointed David to this Kingly position. David was already God’s choice King before he took the throne. The position comes with the anointing.

David did not have to promote himself at all because God was promoting him in his own timing. David loved God and lived for His glory. I believe God puts His anointed into positions to bring honor to him. The anointing of the Holy Spirit is the most important blessing God bestows upon a person and God chooses the position of all his anointed one’s in His Kingdom. We are never to seek out a position in an earthly kingdom. We have a position is His heavenly Kingdom!

I believe that many are in positions of leadership without the anointing and this brings ruin to many under their influence. So it is better to have the anointing than to have the position, but even better to have the anointing to be promoted to the position of the Lord’s choosing to bring honor to him and His Kingdom.

Blessings...from rbanks

2013/6/4 20:34Profile

©2002-2014 SermonIndex.net Audio Sermons | Google+
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival. | Privacy Policy