SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Late Entry

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
davidc

France

Re:

"I have sometimes wondered whether you might be schizophrenic. Please don't take it as an insult, because it is merely put (and meant) as an observation. jochbaptist"

The scriptural word for schizophrenia is "being besides oneself"; for this is truly what this condition is.

Jesus Himself was accused of being beside himself by His friends early in His ministry Mark 3.21.

Paul was accused by Festus of the same Acts 26.24 "Paul, thou art beside thyself; much learning doth make thee mad. "

And Paul admits to being beside himself . 2 Cor 5.13.
" For whether we be beside ourselves, it is to God: or whether we be sober, it is for your cause.
For the love of Christ constraineth us;"

We must all as christians have to face this condition in ourselves and find only in Christ the balance of it.

(2Ti 1:7) For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

David

2013/6/11 3:39Profile
romanchog

Re:

Brothers and sisters:
I am so saddened by some of the posts that I see here. Not just on this thread. Can we not disagree civilly? Must we resort to personal attacks? I am NOT speaking to one person in particular, for there are many (including myself in one post). I pray that the Lord will convict those who need to be convicted.

How does the Lord look at his quarreling children, calling each other names, taunting each other, etc.? As a mortal mother, I am quite saddened when I see division among my children. How does our Father feel about ours? It is the one prayer that the Lord Jesus still has not had answered: "Lord, that they be one, just as You and I are one."

What a shame to us. What a shame. And what a terrible witness to the unsaved, for it is by the love that we have for one another that they will know that Christ was sent by the Father.

Is this how much we think of our Lord and His sacrifice?

May God have mercy on us.

2013/6/11 4:00Profile

Re:

Quote:
We must all as christians have to face this condition in ourselves and find only in Christ the balance of it. DavidC

Thank you for posting this David. I cannot tell you how much this has comforted me. I also want to thank jochbaptist for his honest post. In a desire to be open and to demonstrate how merciful the Lord is in these things I can share that just in the last week I have wrestled with this issue of my own attitude and strong mind on the one hand and at the same time the need to be gentle in that mind as well. I can't explain the circumstance which led to this crisis but in it I cried out to the Lord and specifically asked about my mind. Realising that to comprehend that there is nothing beyond Christ Himself, Who's mind we have been given, is both a condition and an answer to all things in life, now and eternally. Such a condition exposes oneself to the finality of being just one man before God and needing to utterly depend on Him for everything. In that we can serve Him as well and in Him we are made complete. The rest is service to others for His sake.

2013/6/11 4:34

Re:

Double Post

Re:

Double Post

Re:

Double Post

jochbaptist

Re:

Dear amrkelly,

Thank you for your kind response to a difficult situation where you allowed me the freedom to express issues that I have with your posting.

I appreciate that very much.

Joch

2013/6/11 4:34Profile
proudpapa

Re:

amrkelly wrote ///I would post some of Mr Pearls expressions about what "much" means but I have a feeling that the tomahawk throwing gentleman in question is watching. I truly hope so. He can throw one of his tomahawks at me. Not on this site though. I have one of my own and intend to use it. ///

Could you explain what you are metaphorically Implying by
///I have one of my own and intend to use it.///

amrkelly wrote ///I could simply repeat what I have said before. I would welcome a response from the inferred ministry or its lawyers and have both the means and the will to resist them in open court in the USA and in the spirit. This is because of a conviction and not because of pride. It is a matter of conviction. I know that you already understand this attitude of mine very well as it has been discussed several times before.///

It is writings like this that I find most bizzar.
as it would appear that you have imagined that the the tomahawk throwing gentleman in question is watching your threads and is so offended by your post on SI that he is going to contact you personally or his lawyers will and bring you to open court in the US.
(The inferred ministry has much more powerful and harmful naysayers to worry with, than you, such as the entertainment media, I highly doubt that they are at all concerned or even watching your naysaying post on SI)

Or where you speaking somehow metaphorically ?

amrkelly, I do not have as much ill feelings towards you as you probably suspect.

I have felt and I would believe that you would agree that ever since the "The Cloistered Homeschool Syndrome" thread in which you misunderstood the artical, and for some reason became very offended. that ever since than, you have made it a point to follow at the heals of any post of mine that you deem as possably being influenced by the inferred ministry, and you have went to great lengths to discredit what ever I post.

We either need to respectfully settle our differences or we need to stop responding to each others post because we are becoming very close to falling in to the trap of Gal 5:15
"But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another."

2013/6/11 8:05Profile

Re:

I have nothing further to say about Michael Pearl directly on this site for obvious reasons. I have a site of my own which I will use for that when the time comes. Which means I don't have a Tomahawk, I have a web site.

As for biting one another! Brother you have no idea what being bitten is if you imagine these few words amount to biting. You ought not to confuse a fear of consequences with biting. Also I am not in the entertainment media circus so I don'y employ their methodologies or their rhetoric, or their arguments. Neither does the Lord use the entertainment media, Satan does however. Therein lies the separation.

The first part of this post which you started yourself was predicated on an article which was written for a single purpose. Very different to Mr Pearls approach I grant you, but in that article a claim was made in which it is stated that a failure to use the rod on children is evidenced by a complete break down of society. The man who wrote the article even went to some lengths to "prove" that the rod means a switch. For me the term switch needs to be stated plainly……in that it means part of a tree. The break down of society cannot be put down to a lack of corporal discipline either in the home or in the school. It is simply a myth. In that post some very unpleasant things were said about me. No one took exception to them and I chose to ignore them. If you want to really make a sound judgement then read things as they are actually written and ask yourself who has been attacked in these posts! You my friend have not been attacked personally once. As for my own feelings and thoughts about those things said about me, it has passed already, I had my dark night and woke up stone cold sober.

I am not going to get into the business of attacking you yourself personally or anyone else for that matter because that would as you have said give rise to an ill effect. Apart from that it would be unrighteous and prove self defeating. I will agree to desist from making any further posts to your own if that means wisdom, especially on the centrality of my concern regarding the treatment of children or the theologies which are employed to assert particular views on that subject. Beyond that there should be no issue.

2013/6/11 9:57
Koheleth

NC

Re:

romanchog wrote:

Quote:
Brothers and sisters:
I am so saddened by some of the posts that I see here. Not just on this thread. Can we not disagree civilly? Must we resort to personal attacks?

People generally act according to their nature. For a person who claims to be a Christian, we must hope that bad behavior is just out of character. Unfortunately, many who claim to follow Christ show by their nature that they are not of him.

romanchog, your signature line says "Holiness is coming and it is going to burn everything that is unholy." How true, as the Scriptures tell us, there is going to be a great burning. And there is much that is unholy, including on these forums.

You lament that God's children treat each other so. Do not be deceived, because for the most part God's children are true to their master and "love the saints"! Jesus said you shall know people by the fruits of their life. While there may be carnality among believers, as when Paul cautioned the immature to beware not to bite and devour one another. Unfortunately, people who have the poison of asps within their lips often sink their teeth into others and never return to draw out the venom, thus killing many and revealing their true serpent nature.

But I appreciate your appeals to peace. May they reach the heart of those who know the Lord of Peace, and those who do not. Let each of us consider, when we post, that Jesus will ask us about every word we have placed on these forums.

Quote:
Is this how much we think of our Lord and His sacrifice?

Yes, that is absolutely correct. The words of all of our discussions do reveal what we think about the Lord and his sacrifice.

2013/6/11 10:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy