SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events :  identify religious fundamentalism as a “mental illness” and a cure it.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rainydaygirl

identify religious fundamentalism as a “mental illness” and a cure it.

A leading neurologist at the University of Oxford said this week that recent developments meant that science may one day be able to identify religious fundamentalism as a “mental illness” and a cure it.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/30/leading-neuroscientist-religious-fundamentalism-may-be-a-mental-illness-that-can-be-cured/

+++++++

So this short article was passed along to me and I always wonder if there is any real possibility of science being able to do some of these things or if its all just theory. If possible the fact that some want to control others in such a way is actually very freighting.

rdg

2013/5/31 9:51Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: identify religious fundamentalism as a “mental illness” and a cure it.

This along with evolution are lies from the enemy. To allow Jesus Christ to be King of your life is the most important thing you can do. To do "everything" in light of His coming kingdom.

The world who are in the darkness and blinded by the lies of Satan will consider this foolish to serve an invisible King. Thus they will demonize anyone who will serve the world and the things of the world and its kingdoms.

2013/5/31 9:59Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: identify religious fundamentalism as a “mental illness” and a cure it.

What I wonder is, what do they say of surgeons, doctors, nurses, scientist, teachers, college lectures etc, that are Christians.

Will they all have a mental illness as well? Will they be 'cured', should they deny their faith?

And the article said they are not talking about muslims. So they say. But muslims practice amputation, honour killings etc. And yet, this would not be catergorised under mental illness.

But, we know where all this is headed.

One to watch.

2013/5/31 10:11Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy