SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Did foster mom in Conneticut REALLY obey the Bible???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
dspks

Dakotas

Did foster mom in Conneticut REALLY obey the Bible???

"For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently?"1Peter 2:20

This "foster" mom KNEW and agreed to the boundaries (rules and regulations) of being a STATE PAID foster parent... she broke the rules... she suffers the consequences!!

This woman chose her employer.

Did she REALLY obey the Bible???

http://www.standard-journal.com/news/news_ap/article_0089248f-3afa-561d-bd90-52555b6e5e50.html

2013/5/27 21:08Profile
makrothumia

Texas

Re: Did foster mom in Conneticut REALLY obey the Bible???

I do not know the full details of this case, but I have firsthand experience with a very similar situation. A sister in our church gave a single swat with a wooden spoon to a little boy in her foster care. She felt pricked in her conscience about having done so and informed the child's grandparents of the reason for the small red mark on the child's leg. The grandparents hot-lined the authorities who "booked" this sister and charged her with child abuse. She had to hire an attorney (our church helped with the cost). This dear sister was no child abuser, but was being threatened criminal charges and with being put on a national registry of child abusers. I attended the hearing with her and her attorney. She was forced to answer questions before a panel of six professionals from various fields. Her fate was in their hands and they were in fact a jury which would decide her case. In the end they agreed that she had not abused the child, but the seriousness of the threat she faced and the financial costs to her were due to the extreme over-reaction of a government agency. There was one official who was determined to make this dear sister an example, and she almost succeeded.

I was amazed as I listened to the line of questions about whether leaving a small red mark (no bruising) constituted "abuse". This question nearly criminalized a precious saint. Those in foster care do need to honor the agreement that they have made with the state, but the state can severely over react and threaten the reputation and liberty of innocent care givers. I speak from firsthand experience - we must be careful about how we discipline children. The state can be very aggressive in their jurisdiction.

2013/5/28 9:44Profile
proudpapa

Re: Did foster mom in Conneticut REALLY obey the Bible???

Does anyone know if this foster mom is a bible believer?

The Bible is very specific when it comes to proper training methods for children.

The foster parents that I personaly know use the scriptures for their guide when it comes to training their foster children, regardless of whatever mandated regulations there might be.

None of the Christian foster parents that I know except foster children into their home for the money, they do so because of compassion.

2013/5/28 19:47Profile
dspks

Dakotas

Re: Are the foster parents being honest???

I do not question the "compassion" of foster parents... BUT, you cannot be a foster parent without outwardly agreeing to the rules of the State.

Did this foster parent (who believes in biblical discipline) tell the authorities UP FRONT that she would use spanking as a form of discipline???

Should this foster parent be honest with the State authorities??

2013/5/28 20:30Profile
proudpapa

We are not talking about dogs,
we are talking about souls!

God knows what is right when it comes to training souls, the state is of the world and of the world will their training methods produce!

when rescuing Souls "We ought to obey God rather than men."

2013/5/28 20:57Profile
dohzman

Re:O wow!

Are you kidding me? Please tell me you are kidding!Please. I make very dogmatic statements and take a very dogmatic stance often times but I have to say bro/sis...whoever...there is not even an ounce of mercy in your statement and judgement. You are for sure not privy to the interviews she would have had to endure to enter that system of child care and your information is coming from a heathen news media none the less, which is really no better than hearing from the devil himself, so when the next Apostle of the faith is stoned are you like Saul going to be consenting unto their death? I hope not. You do understand that at any given time here in America we can now be "let go of" for our religious orientation, and its starting to happen now...I guess brothers and sisters are just picking the wrong employers!

QUOTE:This "foster" mom KNEW and agreed to the boundaries (rules and regulations) of being a STATE PAID foster parent... she broke the rules... she suffers the consequences!!

The early apostles knew the Laws in Rome...they died for their obedience to the gospel yet while breaking so many laws of Rome to do so,,well they did die after all, guess it for their own good...thoughs bad law breakers!

Quote:Did she REALLY obey the Bible???
Yes...that was kinda quiet ....YES!!!!!!!!!!!! that was better.

My best guess is that you are either a very sheltered older person who lacks the personal instruction from the mouth of God. Or you are a young untested Christian who still has a ton of foolishness bound up in your heart, either way it would be the mercy of God to allow you to walk in your own judgements before that great day of the Lord comes on this land.

2013/5/28 21:22Profile
proudpapa

dspks asked ///Are the foster parents being honest with the State authorities??///

Was the ten boom and like families honest with the State authorities, when they where protecting Jewish souls ??

Was Rahab being honest with the State authorities when they asked her to "Bring forth the men that are come to thee, which are entered into thine house" and she answered them "I wist not whence they were" ??

When it comes to Souls "We ought to obey God rather than men."

2013/5/28 21:24Profile
dspks

Dakotas

Re:

Corrie was not employed by the Nazis... Saul WAS employed by the religious govt. ... I think he probably resigned after his conversion :). Paul (formerly Saul) was not a govt. employee...
This foster parent (Christian or non-Christian) AGREED to be PAID by the state... The FACT that she agreed to be employed by the state IMPLIES that she agreed with and would follow the RULES of her employer. If those rules are broken we shouldn't be surprised of the consequences.

2013/5/28 22:54Profile
dspks

Dakotas

Re: dohzman

Hmmmm????

2013/5/28 22:58Profile
proudpapa

Re:

Are Souls the property of the state??

2013/5/28 23:15Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.