SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Concern Over J. Osteen Ministry

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

So here is a good question for you do we listen to the Holy Spirit within us at all? or do we just totally go by the word? I personally feel that I will take listening to the Holy Spirit within me to led me and guide me and mine tells me not to get caught up in Policing Pastors regardless of what the word says and I will obey the Spirit first and foremost, are we led by the Spirit or the Word?
If were led by the word we would not even need the Holy Spirit to enter our body, we could just be led by the word. I believe the God I serve is up to something new everyday as he speaks to me on a daily basis and leads me and guides me in my walk on what I should be doing and what I should not be doing.Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
I feel The Holy Spirit will never lead you contrary to the written word. But he will lead you contrary to your interpretation of His word.

2005/3/14 22:53Profile
dohzman

Re: What can I say?

At first I wasn't sure I even wanted to enter this thread.But I felt Krisspy who has oversight of the lives of other people in several house churches needed encouraged to be on his guard at all times and not to let condemnation over take him but that he should do all things in love.So how do I answer you? You need to protect you conscience in the sight of God and that by walking out your own salvation with fear and trembling of God holding forth faith with a pure conscience in His sight. But to thoughs in leadership roles, sound doctrine is safe. The doing of the word of God.I use this scripture so much I sound like a broken record---Jn7:16-17 . I don't need the Holy Spirit to tell what God meant when He told me to Love thoughs who persecute me--- I need the Holy Spirit of God to Help me do it, and I can go on.We live in an america that has subjected the Holy Spirit of God to a feeling or emotion or sensation and we call that the leading of the Spirit.Well much of the Precepts of God's word is not subjective to our feelings.Here's an example James2 all but especially verses14-17 I don't really need to feel lead of The Holy Spirit to be held responsible for this principle.I am responsible , first in obedience to the Word of God and also in obedience to the God of the Word. The doing of God's word will always place the cross central in our lives.For how can a man or woman rightly judge a ministry without having fully died to self.Never the less from Ex to Rev we are systematically exhorted to measure all things by God's word.

2005/3/14 23:43Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I sincerely appreciate your thoughts, I am number one totally here to learn, not one knows it all except God and I can see how we all can have our own interpretation of the word because I feel it's ministers to all differently, and if this is true that then leads to differences in opinions only and Wow that could lead to all out war if we let it thank God we don't here. I guess understanding God's word is a life-long task and we are all on a journey in our understanding. From what I have read God's word is there to train us to distinguish good from evil but we should know our limits, and while not pretending to know everything, we should nonetheless live up to the truth that we have attained and err on the side of caution about what we are not sure of, guess I should follow that.

2005/3/15 0:42Profile

Re:

Quote:
I feel The Holy Spirit will never lead you contrary to the written word. But he will lead you contrary to your interpretation of His word.

I think you're on the right track with that statement. I can agree with that.

dohzman... thanx bro... misunderstandings abound here at times. It's nice to know that some people understand me at times... LOL

Krispy

2005/3/15 8:35
dohzman

Re: I'm amazed

It is an incrediable thing to me to realize that in the short time I've been on this site typing or cyber talking to all of my brothers and sisters on this site that I'm drawn more and more into the prayer closet for this e-community and I've had an increadible desire to meet in person many of you folks. In due time I'm sure we'll all meet. As my schedule takes me further out I really need to let everyone know so we can at least have a fellowship meal together.

2005/3/15 15:03Profile

Re:

Quote:
It is an incrediable thing to me to realize that in the short time I've been on this site typing or cyber talking to all of my brothers and sisters on this site that I'm drawn more and more into the prayer closet for this e-community and I've had an increadible desire to meet in person many of you folks. In due time I'm sure we'll all meet. As my schedule takes me further out I really need to let everyone know so we can at least have a fellowship meal together.

You're probably a stalker! LOL

Where do you hail from? North Carolina USA here.

Krispy

2005/3/15 16:35
Compton

Re: funny

Krispy,

I like your sense of humor bro....:-P

Although I don't think your'e a stalker Dohzman!

MC

2005/3/15 16:55Profile
dohzman

Re: from Ohio

I'm from Ohio---look at my bio. , You know what they say about us buckeyes? We'er worthless nuts. At the present I minister in 3 different states but mainly Ohio. I'm really pressing the Lord for a speaking engagement in England so that one day Bro. Ron will look in the back of his church and see some yank there.Lol.

2005/3/15 18:42Profile

Re: PRAY

dear sister,
you know what stuck out about your post? this praise testimony:

Quote:
5 or 6 years ago, I would have fallen right into this teaching. I didn't realize at that time that the gospel was one of self-denial- not self-fullfillment. I was self centered and self focused back then. -Not to mention I was as lukewarm as can be and now know that i was not even a christian - a follower of Christ

forget everything else...that is the wonderful part! The Holy Spirit lives IN you, Jesus has taken up residence IN your heart, and there is no falsehood in Him.

the other day I was SO physically sick...flu,and I was alone in the natural, and it felt like the forces of hell were pressing at the doors, and I cried out to the Lord, to Jesus, and He was right there, and He ministered to me, and He said to PRAY......He told me to get more radical, more devoted to my secret prayer life.

I've seen this fellow, nice smile he has, crowded church....what can we do?

Pray, ......and say thank you Jesus for so fearfully and wonderfully making me, and thank You for the Holy Ghost that ALWAYS takes care of me.

God bless you is my prayer.

2005/3/15 19:07
AgesofWar

Chicago IL USA

Re:

I just wanted to say that I Love with all my heart the Whole message of Salvation.

LOVE yes

Please don't forget the Repent part

Please don't forget the Turning Part

GRACE yes

Please don't let Grace become an excuse for lawlessness.

Please don't let Grace become an excuse for living in union with this WORLD.

Faith yes

Do not have faith in the Humanity

Do not have faith in money and things.

I long to see the day of a pure and complete Gospel the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

This is just how I feel Church.

I like Joel he’s a happy guy, but I’m broken hearted so I will seek after a man of sorrows so we will have more in common.

2005/3/16 1:30Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy