SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Entering His Rest

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Entering His Rest

There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief. (Hebrews 4:9-11)

God plans for His people to enter His rest. Like Israel of old, He has prepared for them a country, not where warfare should cease, but where warfare should be victorious and progressive; a country where all the promises of God would come true, where they would possess their possessions. and enjoy their inheritance; a country where hunger and thirst and aimless wandering would be a thing of the past.

We don't want to come to the end of our lives hungry, thirsty, defeated, without ever knowing His rest to which He has called us - the rest of a strenuous life of warfare with God instead of battling against God; the rest of a life that gladly accepts God's will and rejoices in it. The rest of a life that has stopped fearing and striving and competing for self, because self no longer matters. The rest of a life that habitually lays every burden at the feet of Jesus.

When God led Israel across the Jordan into the promised land, the first thing that God told Joshua to do was circumcise the men. This symbolized the end of all confidence in the flesh, they were cut off from all trust in human strength. In our weakness God will show Himself strong on our behalf. He is the Victor.

In Christ,

Ron

2013/5/19 16:16Profile
pilgrim777

Re: Entering His Rest

Nicely put, Ron.

Our fight is not against God's will in our lives but everything that seeks to thwart it.

Resting in Him is far from passive. It is an active, conscious, willful abiding in Christ.

Jesus was always working, and at the same time, always resting.

They are not mutually exclusive.

Pilgrim

2013/5/19 16:23Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Hebrew's Chapters 3and 4,

May I please say what I see in these scriptures ?
Yet,it is not mine,but is what The Lord is Gracious to help me with.

TODAY,...and tomorrow,..is TODAY and the next ,..is TODAY.i
If we will not harden our hearts at The Lord' voice,guiding,Grace,...this drawing of us to His will,..and keep His Words and not throw His Words to the ground,/ unbelief ...and hear,...and do,...Is that where we can enter into His rest / peace ?

* the generation that came out of Egypt,did not enter into His rest because
Of unbelief.It said they saw His works for 40 yrs.....and later says : " they do
always err in their heart,and have not known My ways."
What is His Ways ? He said,"I Am the Way,...the Truth and the Life"
Isn't His Ways,..the Way of righteousness,Truth,peace, love,us learning His righteous judgments,..how His heart is,...wisdom ?..Following ?

People tell us, it is a sin to fear,....but on many occasions it is a blessing of God...It says here,: " Fear lest a promise being of entering into His rest,any of you should seem to come short of it."

It goes on to say: " For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto
them; but the word preached did not profit them not being mixed with faith
In them that heard it.
The gospel: " the gospel of the kingdom,....a place where He The King rules and is Lord,...where He speaks to us directs/ commands us in The Way,..... hear His voice )

Someone here gave a equation of faith= obedience,...etc,...
What a good word of knowledge it was....loved it...thank you.

Heb.4:11, says,"Let us labor,therefore to enter into that rest,lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief. ...LABOR ?...UNBELIEF ?

The whole scriptures, is scriptures of Love,...because He loves us SO
much.
So please do not think ,that I am trying to be harsh...NEVER EVER !

Lovingly always,
elizabeth

2013/5/19 18:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy