SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Pastor Greg Laurie Urges Revival: 'We Have Forgotten God but He Has Not Forgotten Us'

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Pastor Greg Laurie Urges Revival: 'We Have Forgotten God but He Has Not Forgotten Us'

At the National Day of Prayer event in Washington, D.C., on Thursday, Pastor Greg Laurie focused his prayer on asking for God's forgiveness and seeking a revival for America, noting that although "we have forgotten God, He has not forgotten us."

Laurie, who served as the honorary chairman for the National Day of Prayer Task Force, began Thursday's prayer at the Cannon House Office Building in Washington by thanking God for blessing America as a Christian nation for so many years.

The megachurch pastor then addressed what he believes to be the "trouble in our culture today."

"We see the breakdown of the family, crippling addictions, and random acts of horrific violence," Laurie, who is the senior pastor of Harvest Christian Fellowship in Riverside, Calif., told the crowd of politicians, diplomats, and fellow religious leaders gathered at the annual National Day of Prayer event.
The well-known pastor recently came under fire from LGBT activists who demanded that Laurie be removed from leading the National Day of Prayer events this week due to his biblical stance regarding homosexuality and same-sex marriage.

In response, Laurie clung to his Christian convictions in the face of criticism, telling those gathered at a smaller prayer event at the Family Research Council offices in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday: "I won't back down."

"They do not want me to pray. They describe me as 'homophobic' and so forth. How can you deal with such a situation? We're in a time in our country now where I'm attacked because I believe what the Bible teaches," Laurie said Wednesday.

"If people want to make it all about that, I'm not going to back down. In the immortal words of the great theologian Tom Petty, 'I won't back down,' I won't. I'm not going to apologize."

Keeping his commitment, the Southern California pastor joined fellow Christians in Washington to observe the 62nd annual prayer day.
"Lord, we need Your help in America," he said Thursday. "In recent days, we have done our best to remove Your Word and Your counsel from our courtrooms, classrooms and culture. It seems, as President Lincoln once said, that we have 'forgotten God.' But Lord, You have not forgotten us! You can bless and help and revive our country again.

"Lord, in Your mercy, we ask that You would exalt our country again. We have had a number of great awakenings in America. We have experienced times of refreshing, and revivals that changed not only the spiritual but also the moral landscape," the pastor continued, citing both Psalm 85 and Proverbs 14, which both speak on the redeeming benefits of a religious revival.

"That is our prayer for America today, Lord. Send a mighty spiritual awakening that will turn the hearts of men and women, boys and girls back to you. You have told us if we will humble ourselves and pray, and seek Your face and turn from our wicked ways, that You will forgive our sins and heal our land."
"Forgive us today, Lord, and heal this troubled land that we love so much," he added.

Read more: http://www.christianpost.com/news/pastor-greg-laurie-urges-revival-we-have-forgotten-god-but-he-has-not-forgotten-us-95222/

2013/5/4 9:33Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Pastor Greg Laurie Urges Revival: 'We Have Forgotten God but He Has Not Forg

Amen, what a rich spiritual heritage we have in this nation and in all the nations down through the centuries. God has done wonderful things for our forefathers; now it's time to trust Him for the miraculous in our generation.

And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do? And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them. And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.
(2 Kings 6:15-17)

In Christ,

Ron

2013/5/4 11:17Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

It would be very depressing just to watch the news without knowing that in the end the Lord is going to be victorious. Jesus has won the victory, and He is not doing anything in the earth today apart from His Church. The Church holds the key to everything that is happening in this nation.

It is not the will of God that any would perish, but that all would come to repentance and the knowledge of the truth. The world will continue to grow darker but to those that are looking to the Lord there will be great light. Many revivals and awakenings have come at a time when there was great spiritual darkness in the land. The Lord would have us to pray always and not to faint.

Mike

2013/5/4 11:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy