Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : STOP AND LISTEN - David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 STOP AND LISTEN - David Wilkerson

I wonder if the Lord ever wearies of His children coming into His presence and never once stopping to listen. Nothing is so empty and unfulfilling as one-way communication. Try listening to someone for a few hours without getting in a word. It leaves you with a feeling of loneliness. The person who "got the load off his chest" goes away feeling better, but the poor listener stands there unfulfilled.

How often have we left our Lord alone in the secret closet, lonely and unfulfilled? We rush into His presence with, "Praise You, Jesus! I love you, Lord! Here's my shopping list and my healing card. Amen." How many times has He been so ready and anxious to open His own heart to speak, when lo and behold, no one was there?

If we pray an hour, we talk an hour. If we pray for hours, we talk for hours. If we pray all night, we talk all night—millions of voices talking and praising. All my preaching life has been spent in trying to get people to pray. Now, I see that has not been the problem. The real problem is leaving the Savior in the secret closet, alone, unfulfilled without being able to say a word to us.

We left that closet of prayer having unburdened our hearts. We told Him of our hopes, our dreams, our desires. We left that holy place of prayer with a satisfied mind. Yet, our Lord was still there waiting with keen anticipation, longing to share in that communion. I believe our Lord says, "Yes, yes, thank you for your praise. I accept it. I'm so glad you took the time to be shut in with Me. I have heard your request and the Father will give you the desire of your heart. But please, wait! Don't leave just now. I have some things I want to share with you. My heart is yearning to be unburdened to you. I've bottled your tears, I've soothed your troubled mind. Now, allow Me to talk! Allow Me to tell you what is on My heart"

Our Lord Jesus wants to talk. He wants to tell us what is breaking His heart in our generation. He wants to speak to each child about the beautiful plan He has for all who trust Him, revealing glorious truths. He wants to give guidance for ourselves and help in raising our children; solutions to our problems; new ministries and outreaches that will save the lost; specific words concerning jobs, careers, homes, life partners; truths about heaven, hell and the coming calamities. Most of all, He wants to talk to us about how much He loves and cares for His own

“Behold, I stand at the door, and knock; if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me” (Revelation 3:20).

2013/4/26 10:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy