SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Help to encourage 80 yr old

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
phoe

Bangalore, India

Help to encourage 80 yr old

I want to encourage my grandma(doesn't know english) who has lost 4 sons and is now staying with me. Kindly give your inputs/share your experiences so that i can somehow lift her up.

Thanks

2013/4/26 1:34Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Help to encourage 80 yr old

How has she lost 4 sons? Was it an accident? I guess she is a widow since she is staying with you.

Were her sons Christians? Were any of her sons your father? Maybe not, but I thought I'd ask.

The questions I asked are to see what sort of encouragement
can be given.

Thanks.

God bless.

2013/4/26 4:08Profile
phoe

Bangalore, India

Re:

Thanks Bro for your concern!
None of her sons were christians and 1st one died in heart attack, 2nd due to cancer, 3rd in an accident and 4th due to mental sickness.she has only one daughter and i'm her daughter's daughter. my grandpa had somehow come to know the Lord during his younger years and has told her a little about the Lord. but somewhere failed to bring up his children in God's ways.She has taken water baptism few years back along with my mother.

kindly direct me on how to prepare her for eternity so that she'll be ready to meet the Lord any time. As the responsibility is in my hands now.

Thanks

2013/4/26 11:57Profile
romanchog

Re: Help to encourage 80 yr old

I am no expert in this, but I hope that I can help. It occurs to me that you can begin with the foundation that your grandfather laid. Draw her into a conversation (if that is possible, I don't know how ill she is) about what he told her about Christ. Engage her in remembering this and fill in the blanks that your grandmother is missing to understand the gospel of Christ.

Pray a lot and ask the Lord to give you the right words for her. I will pray that she will repent and be saved before it is too late.

In Christ,

Natalie

2013/4/26 19:17Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

phoe, you can only pray the Lord will open the doors for you to be able to minister to her. The experts will tell you that the likelihood of an old person coming to the LORD is nil. But I am here to tell you this is NOT true. I know of some old religious folks who have repented of their sins and it was so special to their loved ones. Just pray fervently for her and be kind to her, letting your light shine so she may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Unless God prepares her heart you can do nothing. All you can do is cooperate with Him. We have loved ones who are prodigals and I pray that I will not interfere with God's work in their lives.

God bless you.

ginnyrose

2013/4/26 20:34Profile
phoe

Bangalore, India

Re:

Thank you all for your responses!

"if a widow has children or grandchildren, these should learn first of all to put their religion into practice by caring for their own family and repaying their parents and grandparents, for this is pleasing to God". 2 Tim 5:4

Kindly pray that i'll be kind enough to her and have good works that can be seen by her to glorify the Father in heaven.

2013/4/27 3:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy