SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Proverbs 1:33 - Matthew Henry Commentary Devotional

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Proverbs 1:33 - Matthew Henry Commentary Devotional

"But whoever listens to me will dwell safely, and will be secure, without fear of evil."-Prov.1:33

Commentary: "He concludes with an assurance of safety and happiness to all those that submit to the instructions of wisdom (v. 33): "Whoso hearkeneth unto me, and will be ruled by me, he shall,'' (1.)”Be safe; he shall dwell under the special protection of Heaven, so that nothing shall do him any real hurt. (2.) He shall be easy, and have no disquieting apprehensions of danger; he shall not only be safe from evil, but quiet from the fear of it.'' Though the earth be removed, yet shall not they fear. Would we be safe from evil, and quiet from the fear of it? Let religion (i.e. true biblical Christianity) always rule us and the Word of God be our counselor. That is the way to dwell safely in this world, and to be quiet from the fear of evil in the other world."

My comments: Throughout the scriptures the true believer is encouraged and exhorted not to fear what man or anything in this world can do to him/her. No matter what our outward circumstances are, we can rest assured that our inner being, our soul will have God’s sovereign protection, like a mighty shield that cannot be penetrated. In the day of trial and temptation we can be unmovable in our faith-walk. God would have us to take to heart that He is on His throne and will not allow anything to touch our soul, though our bodies may be touched and our outward circumstances may put us to the test. If we will “listen” to Him and His Word we will be safe from Satan and his minions and temptations and they will not make us fall from our steadfastness in God's service. We can face this world and everything it throws at us with a holy boldness and confidence in our God, no matter what.

2013/4/25 13:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy