SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : MUST READ FOR ALL SI MEMBERS: Tone of Discussions Recently on SI.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

You know brethren, I also have learned much from being a member of this forum. I've also had the pleasure of being able to share whatever revelations God has given me with the other members. One thing that God has shown me is that we are all good at identifying problems with the church or in the church. This is true from the nature of a lot of the discussion in the forum. IT is good to recognize such problems. However we must be willing to do our part to see these issues addressed. When God reveals a problem to us, He has also revealed the solution to someone and is and when you are that someone, you are responsible for passing on that revelation for the betterment of the whole body. I have sat on information that I should have shared and I'm sure we all have at some point. However the word that God puts on your heart must be spoken irrespective of any reservations you may have. God knows that you may offend some, give joy to others or encouragement even and has seen all these affects ahead of time and still equires for the sharing of that revelation. Sometimes we simply thing that God has not thought of "what will happen after I share this" In all honesty some of the revelations God gives will be offensive because we have been wrong in our perceptions and being set right is uncomfotable to say the least. When Christ spoke at the synagogues and so forth, he offended those in charge and so they had Him killed. I feel that we as Christians have so badly misrepresented God and have such a poor conception of Him and His truth that when we are confronted with it, it is offensive in some instances. Let us not be afraid to speak what God puts on our hearts because we fear offending others. That is not to say that we should go about stirring up stuff but we should realize that as we do God's work, that is one of the things that can happen.But also not all of God's revelations are like that.

2005/3/13 20:57Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Sigh...

At the risk of falling flat on my face again (a good place to be regardless)...

Part of what brought the tears and upon later reflection felt a bit embarrassed and maybe even a little over the top there... But this seems to be still being brought out into the light, as it should and was mentioned here, "It is a good thing".

Not particularly pretty, but good nonetheless.

Even right now there are a number of posts up dealing with situations in the body, the Lords body and borrowing another illustration, if I got the proper thrust there, that perhaps some surgery is being preformed.

Maybe the 'problem' is in the application of the antiseptics and anesthetic's. Two areas that are key here:

Quote:
Christian forums crash because it become difficult to monitor sarcasm and snide remarks. Alliances are formed along with “enemy lines”, and before you know it is a war of backbiting criticism and slander not only at each other, but also at “the world”. If the devil cannot shutdown this ministry from without he will certainly come at us from within. We need monitoring not only for our own sakes but for others.

Quote:
Art Kats once said, “I wish it were just a case of “good guy” versus “bad guy” but, many of the devil’s henchmen do not even know that their working for him”… and so their ignorance becomes a weapon not only against themselves but against others. Such cases are hard to deal with because we do sympathize with the ignorant but even sympathy can be ungodly with the devil’s subtlety. Jesus said in Mathew 10, “he who loves Mother or Father more than me is not worthy of me” if he came to the forum I wonder if he may say, he who loves “internet buddy” or his own ideas more than me is not worthy of me. It is tragic that some people may never “get it” but then again, who is it that saves? Is it us by our cleaver ideas or God who has been dealing with a person since birth?

Have been thinking much on this and the struggle to express the intent behind what Paul said here and how it applies to so much of our dealing with one another:

2Co 7:8 For though I made you sorry with a letter, I do not repent, though I did repent: for I perceive that the same epistle hath made you sorry, though it were but for a season.
2Co 7:9 Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.
2Co 7:10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
2Co 7:11 For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.
2Co 7:12 Wherefore, though I wrote unto you, I did it not for his cause that had done the wrong, nor for his cause that suffered wrong, but that our care for you in the sight of God might appear unto you.
2Co 7:13 Therefore we were comforted in your comfort: yea, and exceedingly the more joyed we for the joy of Titus, because his spirit was refreshed by you all.

If this is not our intent in all things dealing with each other, then could we not say we have missed it completely?

Misunderstandings are to be expected and yet the attitude behind the one who has to bring out the issues...

Is it haughtiness? Or a 'better than', or even in the misunderstood application of Ravenhills words:
[i]"If you are going to get mature in God all the dwarfs around you will criticize and sneer at you and say 'Your trying to be holier than the rest of us, ah?"[/i]

Sounds harsh but the danger is in either of the extremes. One being that it becomes some sort of badge that elevates us one above the other, the opposite that we make compromise and don't want to 'offend' so we will stay silent, just as the adversary would have it, actually certain he would prefer either than the heartbreak over these things.

[i][b]IF[/i][/b].... I can rebuke without a pang, [b]then I know nothing of Calvary love[/b].

My, went looking for that quote...Oh that we could all grasp these things, this is a wonderful devotion that Ron put up, here's another applicable thought:

[b]If...[/b]
the care of a soul (or a community) be entrusted to me, and I consent to subject it to weakening influences, because the voice of the world - my immediate Christian world - fills my ears,
[b]...then I know nothing of Calvary love.[/b]

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4177&forum=45&49]Amy Wilson Carmichael - If[/url]

It's not easy, not pretty, full of misunderstandings and often times the very things that we can be accused of from the angle of [i]having gone to far[/i] are true to the ones bringing things to light. The hope is that it is recognized for what it is and repentance is quick and on the other extreme that forgiveness is just as fast.

Bottom line intent must be towards restoration, and yet that may not always be possible depending on where our heads or hearts are at. Think that if anyone finds any pleasure whatsoever in any of these things or even if one is to think that one has that intent in their heart as an accusation (when they harbor no such thing) is sorely missing it all. It can be masked over at times and at others the pride, the self-exaltation is seen and heard loudly.

But maybe it is that blindside that we don't see, that we do need to be shown from our own 'kind' and I hope that it is a welcome reproach, it can be the kindness ugliness that can be brought. I welcome it, please don't leave me in ignorance or blindness. We ought not to be offended when these things need to be addressed.

Certainly have been reflecting much here on all these things and repent and ask for your forgiveness in the way I let a lot of this dissension and divisiveness get a bit under my skin. Think some tact was missing even with the seriousness of the things that needed to be addressed.

To bring this back to the present and the issues of naming names of certain ministries and there teachings and whether or not this should be discussed... Think that all the above applies. If the intent is to malign, bash, or misconstrue to make a point it is a grievous thing and a disservice to what we ought to be and that is truth tellers, not gossipers ([i]not accusing[/i]). Don't think we need to shy away from bringing up any issue that is leading brethren astray, if we can keep things in there right perspectives.

Something that has dawned from listening to these old preachers of the past is in how much of a drift there is from a state of mind that is either unduly harsh or pathetically soft. Think the whole idea of 'tolerance' has crept into Christian thinking in such a way as to make us either curmudgeons or effeminate (Sorry ladies, most of you here don't seem to have that problem...[i]oddly[/i]... Oh I hope that doesn't get misconstrued....).

But wonder whatever happened to the days when most were not so easily offended, but welcomed correction and not feeling like they had to tip- toe around everything...

[b]And[/b] the extreme opposite, which has been rearing it's ugly head of late, better said here:

[b]The More Exceeding Worship[/b]

[i]I beseech you therefore . . . to present your bodies a living sacrifice, . . . which is your spiritual worship [mg]. (Romans 12:1 rv)

Therefore also a teacher saith, “It is good when a man imparts his property and cometh to the help of his fellow men; but it is far better to give all and to follow Christ in a poor life.”[/i]

Worship is giving the best we have unreservedly to God. Jesus Christ was entirely merciful because He kept nothing at all. We are merciful in spots, in a fragmentary way, because we will stick to our opinionettes. Whatever makes us spiritually satisfied will twist our mercy at once, because an opinionette is attached to every spot where we are satisfied, and when anyone comes in contact with that spot of satisfaction we are merciless to them. Jesus Christ was never merciless, and it is only as we draw on His life that we are like our Father in heaven. The only safety is to live the life hid with Christ in God. As long as we are consciously there, we are not there. It is only when we are there that it never occurs to us that we are, but the evidence is strong because others are getting the blessings of God through us and are helping themselves to us, even as Jesus Christ was made broken bread and poured-out wine for us. God cannot make some of us into broken bread because there are bits of unbaked dough in us that would produce indigestion.”

Chambers, O.

2005/3/14 10:54Profile
Spitfire

Re:

I read through this thread and you know what I was thinking? This website, to me, is just like a church. We are experiencing the same problems a church has. Many of us here are in RELATIONSHIP. We are fellowshipping in Christ. Therefore we are church. Oh, this is difficult...just pause and think about that.

2005/3/15 6:30Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I read through this thread and you know what I was thinking? This website, to me, is just like a church. We are experiencing the same problems a church has. Many of us here are in RELATIONSHIP. We are fellowshipping in Christ. Therefore we are church.

Yes this site is not just a resource site with materials but has a living community of believers from hundreds of different backgrounds and denominational beliefs. What a awesome picture of the Church who [b]we[/b] are. I have been and am continually being challanged to be more Christ-like in all conversations and posts. Lord grow us all in you that we may reflect the image of Christ in all things. We are all works under progress "Christians under construction".

2005/3/15 19:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy