SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can anyone validate?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Can anyone validate?

I was on a con call this morning in which someone said Eph. 6 was read at Margaret Thatcher's funeral. The person who was sharing this said the part of Eph. 6, focussing on the spiritual armor was read Maggie Thatcher's grandaufhter.

If this true. Has anyone heard this report?

Bearmaster.

2013/4/20 9:02

Re: Can anyone validate?

In reading an account of Margaret Thatcher's funeral from the New York Times, the report is true. 19 year old Amanda Thatcher, granddaughter to Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher did read a lesson from Ephesians 6:10-18.

The fact this word of God went out to so many world leaders who attended the funeral should cause us to say Halleujahl!!! May God's word not return empty and accomplish what he desires. That in bringing people to saving faith in Jesus Christ. Even world leaders.

Bearmaster.

2013/4/20 9:20
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

from the Guardian
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/apr/17/margaret-thatcher-funeral-streets-procession

Thatcher chose the hymns He Who Would Valiant Be, the Charles Wesley hymn Love Divine, All Loves Excelling, reflecting the influence of her Methodist upbringing, and the patriotic verse I Vow to Thee My Country.

The organ played Psalm 84, set to the music of Johannes Brahms, which is the same piece Thatcher chose to be played at the funeral of her husband, Sir Denis Thatcher, in 2003. Thatcher's American granddaughter, Amanda, 19, read from the King James Bible, Ephesians 6, 10-18, while Cameron gave the second reading, John 14, 1-6.

2013/4/20 17:50Profile

Re:

Maggie Thatcher sounded like a spiritual woman. I trust she will recieve a welcome in heaven.

I pray those who attended the funeral will be impacted by the spirituality of tbis great woman.

Not trying to be political. No high ranking dignitatary from the Obama administration went to the funeral. Makes one wonder?

Bearmaster.

2013/4/20 19:34
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Impressive.

This proves once again the reality of Ecclesiastes 7:2:It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart.

I have experienced it many times when attending the funeral of a saint the sacredness of the occasion. There is a sense of the profound at work.

2013/4/20 21:19Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re:

Obama did not go to Lady Thatcher's funeral. He heard none of the words that honored God or His faithful servant being laid to rest.

Rather he went to the Planned Parenthood fund raiser and said "God bless Planned Parenthood."

Yes. It really is that bad.

2013/4/27 23:15Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy