SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : We are Called to be Rejected and Persecuted by Men Zac Poonen

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 We are Called to be Rejected and Persecuted by Men Zac Poonen

"All who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted." (2 Tim.3:12)

Jesus told His disciples that in the world they would face tribulation (Jn.16:33); and He prayed to the Father NOT to take His disciples out of the world (Jn.17:15).

The apostles taught believers that only through much tribulation they could enter the kingdom of God (Acts 14:22).

Jesus said that if people had called the head of the house Beelzebul, the members of His household would be called by worse names (Matt.10:25). It is thus that we know we are faithful members of His household. Some of the names that I have been called, by other "believers", have been: "Devil", "Son of the Devil", "Evil spirit", "Antichrist", "Deceiver", "Terrorist", "Murderer", and "Diotrephes". It has been a great honour to be identified thereby as a part of Jesus' household. All who serve the Lord faithfully will experience this.

Jesus also said that a true prophet would not be honoured by "his own relatives" (Mk.6:4). Jesus Himself was not accepted by His family members. Every true prophet of God will be rejected and dishonoured by his own relatives, even today. In the same way, a true apostle will also be "slandered and treated as the scum of the world and the dregs of all things" (1 Cor.4:13). Suffering and rejection have always been the appointed lot of God's greatest servants.

The teaching that the church will be raptured before the "great tribulation" is a popular one with most believers because it comforts their flesh to hear it. But Jesus made it very clear in Matthew 24:29-31 that He will return to take His elect only AFTER the “great tribulation”. THERE IS NOT A SINGLE VERSE IN THE ENTIRE NEW TESTAMENT THAT TEACHES THAT THE CHURCH WILL ESCAPE THE GREAT TRIBULATION BY BEING RAPTURED OUT OF IT. This doctrine was invented by a man in England in the mid-1800s.

We must now prepare the church for persecution.

2013/4/19 19:32Profile
proudpapa

Re: We are Called to be Rejected and Persecuted by Men Zac Poonen

////The teaching that the church will be raptured before the "great tribulation" is a popular one with most believers because it comforts their flesh to hear it. But Jesus made it very clear in Matthew 24:29-31 that He will return to take His elect only AFTER the “great tribulation”. THERE IS NOT A SINGLE VERSE IN THE ENTIRE NEW TESTAMENT THAT TEACHES THAT THE CHURCH WILL ESCAPE THE GREAT TRIBULATION BY BEING RAPTURED OUT OF IT. This doctrine was invented by a man in England in the mid-1800s.

We must now prepare the church for persecution.////

When I was young and attended a Baptist Pre Trib Church, I questioned their pre trib stance, because I did not find it Scripturally convincing.
I remmember a woman whom was about 10 years older than me, and as far as I am aware had probably grown up in church her entire life, She responded to my questioning the doctrine, by saying that she was a christian and their for She did not believe that God would allow her to suffer.

(Oh, how sad it is how little of the scriptures that the average christian knows.)

With the mixture of Darbys pretrib eschatology and modern osas theology, the slightest hint of Persecution is going to cause a massive falling away. 2 Thessalonians 2:3

good thoughts by Zac Poonen!

2013/4/20 0:29Profile
richrock

UK

Re:

When people talk of pre-trib, I always point out those already under persecution. This almost always causes a 'hmmm... (I never thought of that). Pretty certain the church I currently attend would have mostly pre-tribbers. Could be like the title of a Star Trek episode - 'The Trouble with Tribbers'

Zac hits the point right on the head though - I've already been called similar, and will probably experience worse to come.

2013/4/20 4:11Profile
davidc

France

Re: REJECTED AND PERSECUTED OF MEN

You're right, these pre-tribbers are an evil lot. They should be kept out of the churches and not allowed to teach their pernicious doctrines.

They should be lumped together with the osas doctrine believers and .....called, by other "believers", : "Devil", "Son of the Devil", "Evil spirit", "Antichrist", "Deceiver", "Terrorist", "Murderer", and "Diotrephes".

On the other hand........

2013/4/20 16:05Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
You're right, these pre-tribbers are an evil lot.

Brethren it is not right to say this, many believe those things and are very good brothers and sisters. Some people who commit to other views personally are doing it in their own strength and will fail in the time to come where some pre-trib believers though not as biblical those who are attached to Christ in their trust will be seen through the great time of pressure and persecution.

Let us have grace with those who differ.

2013/4/20 16:26Profile
davidc

France

Re:

I was using irony

2013/4/20 17:09Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I was using irony

Understood brother. Thank you for clarifiying!

May we all whether pre-trib or post-trib be ready for increasing persecution world-wide. Only God can prepare us and make us a vital witness for Him amongst those who will be our enemies. But our Lord commands to love them! It is only possible by the Holy Spirit of God.

2013/4/20 18:09Profile
a-servant

Re:

quote: "With the mixture of Darbys pretrib eschatology and modern osas theology, the slightest hint of Persecution is going to cause a massive falling away. 2 Thessalonians 2:3"

The strange thing about Darby's teaching is, it infected America's churches much more than anyone anywhere else. I lived many years in Europe and Asia and can say that for a fact. At time when Hal Lindsey was popular I believed it too. He had some extreme views where he saw "all of America" raptured before the main tribulation time.

You could say on a forum you almost never find anyone that repents when confronted with scripture that is conclusive in regard to what truth is, and what is not. In my case I had physical reactions to those pieces of scripture, it was a severe stronghold and not a simple matter of delusion. But only after I dropped all articles about pre-trib, and concentrated only on the Bible as my source to find the truth.

That's why I later studied the whole history of that teaching back to the 2 original Jesuits that first mentioned it. It was a strategic nuke sent to America to weaken the faith of the brethren. And it also has a more sinister aspect when looking careful at who sent it to America and the intention that can have a different meaning than originally thought. The pre-tribulation rapture could actually be a pre-tribulation judgment on as Hal Lindsey said "all of America". There have been prophetic voices over the years that came to that conclusion, but they are all silent now. And America as a whole also rejects the prophets of the Bible as a whole when it comes to 'global empires' more absolute than the Roman ever was. The possibility exists that America looks at herself and does not see who she is. However when viewed from a distance, it got more visible to me.

2013/4/20 23:37Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy