SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : People in the church are so lazy! Call to action...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Renoncer

People in the church are so lazy! Call to action...

People in the church are so lazy! It's time for people to wake up!

After following the advice of SPIRIT-ANOINTED PREACHERS, here is the plan that I have put together, based on their exhortations:

1) We must tithe our time, which means that we must pray a minimum of 2.4 hours every day.
2) We must share the Gospel with a least one person every day.
3) We must attend church on Sunday mornings, Sunday evenings, Wednesday evenings, Saturday fellowship lunches, Friday morning special prayer meetings, and the occasional revival meetings.
4) We must give regular financial support to women's half-houses, food pantries, homeless shelters, infrastructure rebuilding programs, missionaries in India, Pakistan, Africa, Canada, Australia, Europe, Russia, Afghanistan, Upstomachia, and Uruguay.
5) We must work like men, at least 10 hours a day, instead of acting like wimps who just want to relax and play.
6) We must read the Bible more than we read any other books. So, if you're at College, you need to read your Bible at least 4 hours to make up for the time you spent studying for school.
7) We must foster children, at least two, and volunteer at the nearest orphanage at least once a week.
8) We must write letters to emprisoned Christians, at least one letter a week.
9) We must do at least one short-term missionary trip every two years.
10) We must give money to World Vision, Compassion International, Wycliff Translators, Gospel for Asia, Groupies International, and Fire under Water Ministries.

Sleep is overrated, and man-made rules are underrated. We need to look down on those who aren't doing as much as we are doing at the moment we stand in judgment over them. And, we need to preach hell-fire messages so that we can get rid of the wrinkles in our churches such as proud Christians, contemporary worship music, dramatic presentations of the Gospel, and moralistic therapeutic preaching.

In case you didn't get the message, perhaps it would help to read between the lines. Perhaps the problem is not with the Church, but with judgmental neo-Pharisees. The fact is that the Church has been purchased with the blood of Jesus Christ, who set us free from the condemnation of the Law, so that we might live according to the Spirit, free to serve God out of greatfulness for such a great salvation! Obedience is the fruit of faith, NOT THE FRUIT OF A GUILT-TRIP. Carter Conlon gave us a well-deserved rebuke at the SermonIndex conference in 2011. Maybe we need to hear it once again.

In Christ,
Renoncer

2013/4/17 22:29Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re: People in the church are so lazy! Call to action...

Interesting and provocative post. The danger of legalism is certainly a valid concern. On the other hand, this is the other side:

1. We must not be concerned about praying, after all, we are not saved by praying, and God knows our hearts.

2. We must not concern ourselves with sharing the gospel with anyone, after all, our actions speak louder than our words.

3. We must not be concerned about fellowshipping with other Christians since we can fellowship with the Lord and that's all that matters.

4. We must not concern ourselves with giving to anyone or anything for the cause of Christ, since we are not saved by giving but by grace.

5. We must not be concerned about working hard and earning an honest living to support ourselves and our families, since we are not saved by that but by grace.

6. We must not concern ourselves with reading the Bible since we are not saved by that.

7. We must not be concerned about the poor, the widows and orphans since we have our own problems to deal with.

8. We must not concern ourselves with the condition of our persecuted brethren since, again, we have our own problems.

9. We must not be concerned about doing anything for the kingdom of God outside of ministering to our own family.

10. Again, we must not concern ourselves with giving or doing anything for the cause of Christ since we are not saved by works but by grace.

I hope we can see that balance is needed here in our Christian walk. We are to serve Christ with a cheerful heart, but at the same time acknowledge He is also concerned with a reverential obedience to His call on our lives.

2013/4/18 14:34Profile
Renoncer

Re:

Oracio,

As long as the imperatives of the Christian life are grounded in the indicatives of God's work through Christ on our behalf, then it will take its proper shape.

I would be very surprised if people on SermonIndex were not concerned about any of these things you have mentioned. I think the tendency on this forum is on the other side of the spectrum, hence my initial post.

In Christ,
Renoncer

2013/4/18 21:43Profile
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Re:

its an interesting post (for sure)

It seems to be a post between two people.

I thought about some comments - then decided against it - as it seems to be between - these 2 brothers - so in the end.

(yea leave it at that )

SOT

As im affectionately known in here...

God bless.

2013/4/19 5:49Profile
Renoncer

Re:

SonofThunder,

No, this is not a post between two people. I am not sure who you are thinking of... There were a few people who recently posted things that relates to this, but this post is not only for them.

The Lord brought me out of legalism by showing me where it leads. It's just one rule after another, one conviction after another, until the pile is so high and so heavy that the poor Pilgrim is crushed under its weight. Even worst, these burdens are often placed on the shoulders of other Pilgrims, and there results a judgmental attitude based on personal convictions.

Sadly, almost all those personal convictions are blamed on the Scriptures... inferred from them, so that all legalists think that they are just faithfully following Scripture, rather than recognizing that they have really made up their own rules.

Even the good things to build God's kingdom can be used in the wrong ways. Not everyone is an ear; not everyone is a mouth. Not everyone is called to preach, or to give money to Compassion International. If you do, then great! But don't you judge those who are led to build God's kingdom in different areas. Otherwise, whenever someone comes up with his own idea for a project (which, of course, is claimed to be the LORD'S LEADING, not personal conviction), everyone should support it in every possible way. It becomes absurd.

May God be pleased to bring people out of such legalistic and sinful judgmentalism, into the humble service to both the Lord and His people.

In Christ,
Renoncer

2013/4/21 9:46Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Renoncer

As I read your original post, the praying part got me stirred up as legalism and I couldn't help but think of the Pentecostal/charismatic movement. The more flamboyant preachers would push this move.

The important thing here is to learn how and why these things are dangerous to follow as a prerequiste to doing God's work as well as maybe using a few of the pointers to dabble into but NOT make it as a paddle to yourself. Meaning, if you did not of the above, don't allow condemnation to come upon you because this then becomes a religious spirit. Mary work and Martha sat at Jesus feet. One looks more religious while the other is having communion.

Let's not the religious thief do their occupation and steal from your soul and don't allow anger to take root. I have but through that valley of darkness and I continue to fight some of it to this day. Religious Phariseeism is a deep sore spot with me.

John

2013/4/21 17:06Profile
Renoncer

Re:

Thanks for your input DEADn.

Here is a really good sermon on religious Phariseeism (as you called it): http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=4281303398

By the way, this sermon was given by someone who has strong convictions that the Word of God must direct our daily lives... so he's no antinomian... far from that. But, he exposes the fallacy of that Pharisaical spirit.

I hope you and others will be blessed by that sermon.
In Christ,
Renoncer

2013/4/28 19:07Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy