Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : More of Thy Likeness - Steve Hill

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 More of Thy Likeness - Steve Hill

Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.
Psalm 25:5

Are you growing in the image of your Creator? According to Horatius Bonar, “A Christian is growing when he elevates his Master, talks less of what he himself is doing, and becomes smaller and smaller in his own esteem; until, like the morning star, he fades away before the rising sun.” The following journal entry by missionary David Brainerd will surely awaken a new hunger and thirst in your soul.

I woke up this morning thirsty for more of God. This evening, I enjoyed a precious season of time in sweet meditations of the Bible; divine things opened with clearness and certainty and had a divine stamp upon them. My soul was also strengthened and refreshed in prayer; I delighted to continue in the duty of praying for my fellow Christians and dear brothers in the ministry, and was blessed by the dear Lord for such pleasure. Oh, how sweet and precious it is to have a clear understanding and tender sense of the mystery of godliness, of true holiness, and of likeness to the best of beings! Oh, what blessedness it is to be as much like God as it is possible for a creature to be like his Creator! Lord, give me more of your likeness; I will be satisfied when I awake with it.

That passionate seeking after God is the key, my friend. All else is stale religion. In the words of J. B. Stoney, “The young Christian who is growing is more interesting and more helpful to others than the most advanced one who is stationary.” Always stay “young” in Christ, ever-growing, ever-seeking more of His likeness.
Leviticus 15; Psalms 18;
Proverbs 29; 2 Thessalonians 3

2013/4/11 8:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy