SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : "Iron Lady" dies at 87

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

"Iron Lady" dies at 87

Former U.K prime minister Margaret Thatcher has died following a stroke. Margaret who was first lady PM and won 3 consecutive elections for the conservatives - and heading up strong government for Great Britian which spanned from 1979 to 1990. Thatcher was considered by many to be (easily) the most Dominant PM Since Sir Winston Churchill literally shaped UK politics - for an entire Generation.

Margaret was known for her "no nonsense" and hard line approach to politics and decision making ...hence the term "Iron Lady"

Indeed She stamped her mark and will not be forgotten - and fittingly tributes continue to flow in honour of a great woman and iron lady of English politics...

Indeed ...

2013/4/8 10:18Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: "Iron Lady" dies at 87

Did she know Christ? Is heaven her home now?

2013/4/8 12:05Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by sermonindex on 2013/4/8 6:05:48

Did she know Christ? Is heaven her home now?

I was considering the same thing. For all the good, bad, and otherwise that is said about us this is really the only true question that matters in any of our lives. Accomplishments mean little and are burned up if they are not done in HIM for HIS glory.

I know nothing of her heart or what she professed to believe so I will leave her to the LORD. I will pray though that her family will use the sorrow of their loss to come closer to JESUS.

God bless
maryjane

2013/4/8 12:39Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

A Speech of hers to the Church of Scotland General Assembly, May 21,1988

Make up your own mind...

What then are the distinctive marks of Christianity? They stem not from the social but from the spiritual side of our lives. I would identify three beliefs in particular: First, that from the beginning, man has been endowed by God with the fundamental right to choose between good and evil. Second, that we were made in God's own image and therefore we are expected to use all our own power of thought and judgment in exercising that choice; and further, if we open our hearts to God, He has promised to work within us. And third, that Our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, when faced with His terrible choice and lonely vigil, chose to lay down His life that our sins may be forgiven.

For the rest of the speech see link below

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/1988thatcher.asp

2013/4/8 15:16Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

When I read the news I was stirred in my spirit. David Cameron said that Lady Thatcher was not only a great leader but also a saviour of the nation. I think he hit the nail on the head.

This reminds me of Judges 3:9
And when the children of Israel cried unto the Lord, the Lord raised up a deliverer to the children of Israel, who delivered them, even Othniel the son of Kenaz, Caleb's younger brother.

In the time of Judges people did what they thought was right in their own eyes. Idol worship and sin abounded resulting in hardship and cruel bondage. The people would cry out to God and God would appoint a judge to save the nation. They would defeat the oppressor and restore order and prosperity to the nation and judged the people. Peace and prosperity was followed for a generation or two and Israel would go through another circle. These judges had their virtues and flaws, like Samsung, Jephtah or Gideon.

David Pawson, a well known preacher and prophet in this country congratulated Margret Thatcher by telegram from Israel for her election even before the result was announced and suggested her to revive the faith of her father and support Israel - which she did.

God definitely blessed her and brought about neccessary reforms and a change of the nation and her people. She resolutely stood up for what was right and good. Close before the end of her reign David Pawson sent Margret Thatcher the message that God would be finished with her because she cared not enough for the poor and disadvantaged.

Her legacy still stands as arguably one of the greatest statesmen of the latter 20th century. Britain again needs a saviour, we have again fallen deeper than ever before, spiritually, morally, and culturally. Britain is a country that had some of the greatest revivals and moves of God. We have falled from a greater height than many other nations.

Nations in Europe fall into bankrupcy as they collapse under the weight of their own iniquity. Britains economy is in trouble though not on the verge of bankrupcy yet.

I wonder if today there are people crying out to save our nation from the misery we got ourselves into. Will God raise up another "saviour" ?

2013/4/8 17:53Profile
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Romans thirteen also applies in the broad sense of the "powers that be are ordained of God" Remembering the way God personally dealt with king Nebuchednezzar from the book of Daniel - and his sucessors thereby.

Nebuchednezzar was humbled greatly (in the end) by the God of heaven after the babylon experience...acknowledging God in his written decree to all peoples of the Nations.

I personally dont get drawn in on speculating over peoples Salvation, wether they knew Jesus or not upon - there passing?

I leave that to the one ... who does the Saving (himself)
(and to the One - that sits as judge)

I currently have Unsaved loved ones in my own family.

If they died tommorow - I still wouldn't speculate on that issue:

A lot of people can talk ABOUT God - without REALLY knowing the God of the Word ...even in forum life.

The bottom line is: shall not the judge of the earth do right?

Incidently the deeds of the Kings were often noted and recorded in a book for all to read such as chronicles and kings (wether they be good or bad) there was a book, and a record:

Further to that is this " There is one lawgiver, who is able to Save and to Destroy: who are You ...that judges another"?

2013/4/8 18:38Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Hi narrowpath,

Interesting points you make and the quote about David Pawson I did not know about and find that to be very interesting, as in my own heart at that time there was a lot that Margret Thatcher did during her leadership that was good and 'saved' our nation from self destruction. But during the last couple of years of her PM-ship I became concerned about her lack of compassion and felt she had lost touch and become corrupted to some degree by power.

As to being a 'saviour', there is only one saviour this world needs, but I know you know that.

2013/4/9 5:34Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy