SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Over 73,000 Signers Support German Homeschooling Parents in Danger of Deportation

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Over 73,000 Signers Support German Homeschooling Parents in Danger of Deportation

A White House petition begun by the Homeschool Legal Defense Association seeks permanent legal status for the Romeikes, a German homeschooling family that came to the United States seeking asylum. They feared that their children would be taken from them because homeschooling is illegal in Germany.

The Romeikes – Uwe, Hannelore and their six children – were granted asylum in 2010, but the U.S. Justice Department is now trying to deport them, claiming that they should not have asylum because homeschooling is not a fundamental right. ...

read more: http://www.christianpost.com/news/over-73000-signers-support-german-homeschooling-parents-in-danger-of-deportation-93407/

2013/4/8 7:53Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re: Over 73,000 Signers Support German Homeschooling Parents in Danger of Deportation

Personally I just don't understand why they just didn't move to another European country that allows parents to home school.

They have the right as German citzen's to move to any other European country... I believe you can Home School in Belgium using the German language...

2013/4/8 10:54Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by murrcolr on 2013/4/8 4:54:00

Personally I just don't understand why they just didn't move to another European country that allows parents to home school.

They have the right as German citzen's to move to any other European country... I believe you can Home School in Belgium using the German language...

This topic is making the rounds in our home school community as well. Many are actually asking the same question. Why come here when they could have gone to another European country and probably avoided any further issues? I have not found any real answers to this question as of yet in my reading of what has been put out there concerning this family.

Will pray about this more though
God bless
mj

2013/4/8 11:32Profile
Koheleth

NC

Re:

I don't know specifically about Belgium, but Europe isn't America. I have visited a few European countries and the people I met there all took note that we educated at home, because it is illegal in their country, or at least it is impossible in any practical sense.

2013/4/8 22:51Profile
proudpapa

Re: murrcolr

Hi murrcolr,

according to some information that I researched Parents in Belgium must agree to work together with inspections and are obliged to sign an official “declaration of home-schooling” in which they agree to school their children with “respect for human rights and basic freedoms and the cultural values of the child and others”.

My brother is being homeschooled, I have many many friends whom where homeschooled and many whom are homeschooling their children, Different States in the US have different rules for homeschooling, but where I Live their is virtually no rules, no test, no declarations that must be signed, no inspections.
It is wounderful.
If I where a German or any European with children ,I would move to the US, unless If otherwise directed by God.

2013/4/9 0:23Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Koheleth,

Don't know if you thought of Britain as part of Europe, but here it is very possible. In fact it is very common for Christian families (and some non-Christian) to home school.

All the families in the church we attend home school as are all our 8 grandchildren and I probably know personally about 50 families in our near location who home school. There are a lot more around as well.

Strange thing is that when our children were young (20 years ago) it was not really known of. I don't think I knew any home schoolers then, but now it is very common. So they could have come here, but maybe USA is more appealing!

2013/4/9 6:09Profile
proudpapa

Re:

Hi, Heydave

How is England as far as inspections and testing and other rules applied to homeschooling?

Here where I Live their is none.
This is my brothers last year to be homeschooled, now that he is 16 and their has never been an inspection. he has never been mandated to take a test.
homeschooling freedoms are wounderful in many States in the US

2013/4/9 9:46Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

PP,

Its a bit hit and miss as I understand. There are some inspections, but not statutory and no legislation as such for tests.
I don't want to say too much as you know things can change at anytime, but at present its quite free.

2013/4/9 10:19Profile
proudpapa

Re:

Hi Heydave,

thanks, that is good news.

we should still be in support and in prayer for this German Christian family.

2013/4/9 23:31Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy