Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Awaken the Watchman! - Steve Hill

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Awaken the Watchman! - Steve Hill

But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet to warn the people and the sword comes and takes the life of one of them, that man will be taken away because of his sin, but I will hold the watchman accountable for his blood.
Ezekiel 33:6, NIV

This word from Charles Finney is a hard one, but I would be negligent if I were to omit such an alarming passage from this collection of “daily awakenings.”

If your spiritual ears were opened, you would hear the chariot wheels rolling, the great Judge coming in His car of thunder, the sword of Death gleaming in the air—ready to smite down the hardened sinner. But hear that professedly Christian father pray for his ungodly son. Feeling he ought to pray for him regularly he begins, but he hardly knows or thinks what he is praying about. God says, “Pray for your dying son! Cry for him while Mercy yet lingers and pardon can be found.”

Where are the Christian parents that pray as for a son sentenced and on death row? They say they believe the Bible, but do they? Do they act as if they believed half of its awful truth about sentenced sinners ready to go down to an eternal hell?

What is wrong with the one who professes Christ but has no spirit of prayer, no power with God? He is an infidel.

Rise up and cry out to God with unceasing petition on behalf of the unsaved! They are blinded to the danger ahead, but you are not. Allow this passage to stir your heart with compassion. You won’t be able to reach the entire sin-filled world, but your prayers for mercy will reach the ears of the God who can!

Leviticus 10; Psalms 11-12;
Proverbs 25; 1 Thessalonians 4

2013/4/7 7:46Profile
turn

USA

Re: Awaken the Watchman! - Steve Hill

== Necessity upon some to warn and evangelize ==

When I say unto the wicked, You shalt surely die; and you give him not warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. (Ezekiel 3:18)

But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet to warn the people and the sword comes and takes the life of one of them, that man will be taken away because of his sin, but I will hold the watchman accountable for his blood. (Ezekiel 33:6)

For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel! (1 Corinthians 9:16)

We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed and therefore have I spoken. We also believe and therefore speak. (2 Corinthians 4:13)

== Their prayers for those to whom they minister ==

My dear children for whom I travail again in the pains of childbirth until Christ becomes formed in you. (Galatians 4:19)

== The need for Almighty God to send forth more to warn and to evangelize ==

Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few. Pray therefore to the Lord of the harvest that he would send forth laborers into his harvest. (Luke 10:2)

== Active involvement of the spiritual armor and warfare of the church ==

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit...for all saints...and for God's ambassadors...that utterance may be given unto them to open their mouths boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel...as they ought to speak it. (adapted from Ephesians 6:18-20)

2013/4/7 21:23Profile
flaglady

Northern New York

Re: Awaken the Watchman! - Steve Hill

Amen and Amen Lord of lords and God of gods
Rise up your watchmen on the wall and let the fire of God fall as the speak the truth of your Word
Your Word will not comeback void!
Send your watcher angels to go ahead and break up the fallow ground,
Send your warring angels to break the chains and protect the watchman as the speak your Word!
In Jesus mighty name the only name worthy yo be praised!

2014/7/13 22:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy