SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : A mouse with a human brain?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 A mouse with a human brain?

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

It will look like any ordinary mouse, but for America's scientists a tiny animal threatens to ignite a profound ethical dilemma.

In one of the most controversial scientific projects ever conceived, a group of university researchers in California's Silicon Valley is preparing to create a mouse whose brain will be composed entirely of human cells.

Researchers at Stanford University have already succeeded in breeding mice with brains that are one per cent human cells.

In the next stage they plan to use stem cells from aborted foetuses to create an animal whose brain cells are 100 per cent human.

Prof Irving Weissman, who heads the university's Institute of Cancer/Stem Cell Biology, believes that the mice could produce a breakthrough in understanding how stem cells might lead to a cure for diseases such as Parkinson's and Alzheimer's disease.

2005/3/11 19:27Profile
AgesofWar

Chicago IL USA

Re: A mouse with a human brain?

So from this article I can see that our time is shorter than I thought.

GOD will protect his NAME.

Judgment will be swift and unexpected by those who would chose to commit such… such... Demonic things.

2005/3/11 19:53Profile
Compton

Re: gnosis

These sciences of cloning and DNA manipulation certainly venture into spiritual darkness. I used to think that this verse was talking about demonic doctrines in the spiritual and supernatural arenas or gnostic teachings. I wonder if they refer to all demonic intelligence, ...even in the realm of science?

Now I say to the rest of you in Thyatira, to you who do not hold to her teaching and have not learned Satan's socalled deep secrets (I will not impose any other burden on you)...

Revelation 2:24

MC

2005/3/11 21:52Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy