SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : N. Korea approves nuclear strike on US

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

N. Korea approves nuclear strike on US

So the following news article seems to indicate that the talk of war continues. I have been wondering about the possibility of an emp strike by NK against us? I had read one article that talked about the US preemptively striking NK before they can use any kind of nuclear warhead against us. I have been praying and asking GOD for calmer heads in this situation. I don't know if its the news or not but I have really been praying concerning this it has been on my heart. I pray for those in South Korea and those in the North.

Any thoughts on this. Could this be the LORD trying to get our attention in this country?

God bless
mj

N. Korea approves nuclear strike on US

(AFP) – 6 minutes ago

SEOUL — The North Korean army said Thursday it had final approval to launch "merciless" military strikes on the United States, involving the possible use of "cutting-edge" nuclear weapons.

In a statement published by the official KCNA news agency, the General Staff of the Korean People's Army (KPA) said it was formally informing Washington that reckless US threats would be "smashed by... cutting-edge smaller, lighter and diversified nuclear strike means".

"The merciless operation of (our) revolutionary armed forces in this regard has been finally examined and ratified," the statement said.

"The US had better ponder over the prevailing grave situation," it added.

North Korea had threatened a "pre-emptive" nuclear strike against the United States a month ago, and last week the supreme army command ordered its strategic rocket units to combat status for strikes on the US mainland and US bases in Guam and Hawaii.

"The moment of explosion is approaching fast," Thursday's statement said, adding that a war could break out on the Korean peninsula "today or tomorrow".

"In view of this situation, the KPA General Staff in charge of all operations will take powerful practical military counteractions in succession," it said.

Despite a successful long-range rocket launch in December, most experts believe North Korea is years from developing a genuine inter-continental ballistic missile that could strike the mainland United States.

Hawaii and Guam would also be outside the range of its medium-range missiles, which would be capable, however, of striking US bases in South Korea and Japan.

The army statement said responsibility for the current crisis "entirely rests" with the United States, citing the participation of nuclear-capable US B-52s and B-2 stealth bombers in ongoing joint military drills with South Korea.

"Never has the whole Korean peninsula been exposed to such danger of a nuclear war as today," it added.

2013/4/3 16:42Profile
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Re: N. Korea approves nuclear strike on US

MJ ive been closely following this news event forawhile out of concern.

There has been little resonse to these postings.

Perhaps yours (being more respected) in the forum here.

Will generate more interest & response.

Conversely though: Maybe people dont know ( what to think yet)

they are simply ( watching all the talk)

bouncing backwards and forwards between N.korea and the Us

Until actual war does occur( Breakout) i really dont think people will commeny on the daily developing looming crisis.

Until something actually jumps out and bites people on the proverbial. posterior so to speak - then they will - speak forth.

Anyway my thoughts.

God bless

SOT

2013/4/3 17:22Profile
mama27

Re:

I have been wondering if this could be God's judgment on us - such a little country, putting the great America in its place...but this is not popular thinking. So I watch...and pray....

2013/4/3 17:56Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by sonofthunder on 2013/4/3 11:22:50

MJ ive been closely following this news event forawhile out of concern.

There has been little resonse to these postings.

Perhaps yours (being more respected) in the forum here.

Will generate more interest & response.

Conversely though: Maybe people dont know ( what to think yet)

they are simply ( watching all the talk)

bouncing backwards and forwards between N.korea and the Us

Until actual war does occur( Breakout) i really dont think people will commeny on the daily developing looming crisis.

Until something actually jumps out and bites people on the proverbial. posterior so to speak - then they will - speak forth.

Anyway my thoughts.

God bless

SOT

I will admit I have not really known what to think on this topic myself. I have felt a little overwhelmed by all the "news" talk everyday.It does seem to be in the forefront right now.

I do have this very strong desire placed on my heart though to pray for those in these areas. To pray for the lost and to pray for the underground church in NK. I don't know what is going to happen and I do not want to sound fearful I know the LORD is in control but I do feel that perhaps this is happening to wake us up and cause us to seek HIM.

Of course I know this maybe something HE is placing on my heart and not everyone else too.

Thank you for your reply
God bless
mj

2013/4/3 18:05Profile

Re:

I have started started watching the news since Nary Jane posted this. I googled to try to find what the current Defcon is. Defcon is Defense Readiness Condition. A defcon of 5 is normal. A Defcon of 1 puts the US on a war footing. So far gave not found any indications that the Defcon has been raised. But then no website has it either.

What is interesting is CBS news and presumably the other news outlets are not taking the threat very seriously. But then they should.

For several months the N. Koreans have been working on nuclear weapons. And the means to kauch those weapons. At the beginning of N. Koreans cancelled their nonaggression pact against S. Korea. Also if memory serves the N. Koreans have cancelled the truce signed back in 1952. If so then N.Korea does need to be monitored very carefully. Especially since they have resumed their nuclear testing.

Bearmaster.

2013/4/3 21:33

Re: Latest updates

Just listened to the PBS news hour. N.Korea now restricting access by S Korea into Kasan Industrial Park owned by both countries. Very unusual as N. Korea depends on this "golden goose" for much needed income.

N. Korea resuming production of nuclear weapons material. US now moving missle intercepts into area. Chuck Hagel, Secretary of Defence say N. Korean threats to be taken very seriously.

In an interview with Jack Prichard, former envoy to N. Korea, he said tbis siuation is starting to fell "slightly" dangerous.

Bottom line saints. We need to pray for cooler heads to prevail. In a war the only losers are the innocents. Also we have a spiritual family in both N. and S. Korea.

Bearmaster.

2013/4/3 21:58
dohzman

Re: N. Korea approves nuclear strike on US

N. Korea s attk on the US will be a major fail (it will distract from the real threat), however it will set the stage for another attck which will occur on US soil and succeed, that attk will cripple this Country but not destroy us out of hand, it ll mainly be a coastal attck and the midwest will not be touched at all.Interesting times indeed.

2013/4/3 21:59Profile

Re:

Brother how are you reasoning this. I, too, watched Red Dawn. But do not see such a scenereo developing?

Bearmaster

2013/4/3 22:02
dohzman

Re:

while we are distracted and busy with N.Korea there will be several events that happen to this Country, there will be no direct invasion however in some areas the invasion has already happened, but we will experience a nuclear attk, I'm not sure if it will be an EMP attck or a the nukes will hit a few cities DC being one of them. We'll be to busy with N Korea to notice. There may be one event prior to that one but I do not feel comfortable sharing it at this time anyway.

2013/4/3 22:09Profile
Lotis

Re:

Care to share how you know there will be such attacks successfully launched against the US dohzman? I don't think many Americans are distracted by NK, because frankly, I don't think many Americans take the threats seriously.

NK shouldn't be brushed off, but most experts seem to agree they are not capable of hitting the US with any missiles at this time. We need to especially pray for SK and the surrounding countries where a more imminent threat exists.

2013/4/3 22:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy