SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Answer to Prayers!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
AgesofWar

Chicago IL USA

Re: Please PLEASE Pray!

Dear LORD JESUS

Please Hear our Prayer

I Michael call your name and ask 4 you to show me mercy and take this meager offering and multiply it by your power and 4 your glory.

May you fill Brother Stephen with a terror, with an Anguish that breaks his heart and shatters his soul for those who are lost.

JESUS LORD almighty may you give him a full measure of your terrible might

My GOD may show him the depths of the vile and corrupted sin that still keeps him from you.

May you present him a image of your GLORY or your absolute Righteousness as you did to The apostle you Loved when you showed the Revelation to him.

May him not sleep, not eat, Not bath Not even think of anything but YOU JESUS.

May he seek you with such fever that we would think him Mad, May he seek you with all of his being.

Then LORD and only then when he lie prostrate and broken before you, May YOU give him Your HOLY Fire Filled WORD and MAY YOU GIVE him the humble heart to preach it with Trembling and in UNION with YOUR HOLY SPIRIT.

I pray in your NAME JESUS MY GOD.

I add to this Prayer Lord that You do the Same 4 me and break my hard heart and that you be my everything...

In Christ Michael.

2005/3/11 20:20Profile

Re:

Thank you all sooo much!! As i read your postings i was moved deeply. I am so encouraged.

I'm glad i checked in. I would continue to ask for everyone's prayers!!

God bless you!

i will let you know how things go.

Your brother in Christ,

Stephen

2005/3/11 21:38
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Trust

Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;

and lean not unto thine own understanding.

My prayers as well.

2005/3/11 21:51Profile
Spitfire

Re: Please Pray

Oh, Stephen! I will pray for you! This is urgent indeed. I just found this request (Sat. morning). I'll pray today and tomorrow morning, as well. Please give us the report. Love, Dian.

2005/3/12 7:30Profile

Answer to prayer!

At this point the heading of this post is misleading...i am now writing to thank you all SO much for your prayers and let you know how things went.

Saturday and through the night were a huge struggle for me. i was so shook up that i fumbled through much of the service prior to the sermon (and yet it i knew God's presence was among us).

i was still nervous (almost terrified) until i began to speak, and I have never felt God's presence when i have spoken as i did on Sunday. Where i had been timid before God gave me authority...i had felt such urgency about this sermon and God filled me with such compassion for the audience that at times i almost wept as i shared with them the urgency of this message and the message itself (this is highly unusual for me - i'm normally a very wooden speaker...and trust me i didn't do any yelling - i just felt such compassion for them...but i know it wasn't from me).

Well - God answered our prayers! I didn't ask anyone to come forward but i gave the congregation an opportunity to respond in silence. it was beautiful - i know God was working. I prefer not to describe the situation because i believe it a holy thing and i want God to get the glory. But i will say that the angels were rejoicing over at least one soul...there was an overwhelmingly positive response (i don't know if that is good or not) and many shared with me that the message had gotten through - praise God! But one person in particular said that the message was for her...said she had grown up in the church but had never understood the gospel before.

Again, i wish i could share more. I want to be respectful about these things. Just know that your prayers were answered beyond (shamefully) what I expected!!!

One day we will see the fruit! And may God receive all the glory - I am so glad Sunday was the way it was...i wanted to construct the service in a way that would allow God to work but the service was the most awkward thing you ever saw. The mechanics were terrible; I was a mess (fumbling and nervous)...but God doesn't need either!!

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PRAYERS! What a treasure you are...knowing that i had your prayers was my greatest comfort. What a resource this is! Let's continue to make use of it. Please share as prayer needs come up (if this is ok with the administrator - i think it will be :-)) and I will be happy to pray for the needs of my brothers and sisters. God bless you all,

Your brother in Christ,

Stephen

2005/3/14 13:35
moreofHim

Re: answered prayer

Praise God, Stephen! Though you may have fumbled and may have seems afraid, the Lord took what was weak and showed His strength. How awsome!

This may be only the beginning for you! May God have his way in your life and may the fruit continue to grow in those people whom you spoke to.

In Him, Chanin

2005/3/14 14:15Profile
MarkDaniel

Midwest, USA

Re: Answer to prayer!

Quote:
And may God receive all the glory - I am so glad Sunday was the way it was...i wanted to construct the service in a way that would allow God to work but the service was the most awkward thing you ever saw. The mechanics were terrible; I was a mess (fumbling and nervous)...but God doesn't need either!!

I found this profoundly funny in a righteous sort of way. :) I bet more hearts were touched by the awkwardness than anything you could have done as a polished-up man preaching the same-old broken record!

GLORY TO GOD! HALLELUJAH! What a marvelous testimony to Him! Keep contending for the faith!

2005/3/14 15:19Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: Answer to prayer!

Praise God, Stephen..
this is a joy to hear. God can do wonderful things with choas, its too much organisation He struggles with. :-D

2005/3/14 15:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy