SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is Jesus inclusive or exclusive...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

Is Jesus inclusive or exclusive...

Greetings

I read some thoughts shared by another who claimed that JESUS was all about inclusion. They mentioned how JESUS was all about love and forgiveness and that any who chose to could come to HIM. So far I had no issues with that but then they spoke about how only the religious would be offended by someone living a gay lifestyle. That JESUS would never exclude anyone and I thought, wait that is not entirely true. JESUS would love and and forgive "IF" those lost in their sins repented but its not a free for all live how you want and everything will be fine. As I thought about this I began to consider is JESUS inclusive or exclusive. I know he does not want any to be lost but HE does put forth very clear standards in the WORD about what one must do to be saved(included) and what will happen to those who continue in rebellion will be lost(excluded) I also think its pretty clear that we be inclusive in reaching out to the lost but at the same time exclusive on whom we fellowship with. After all we are told not to be unequally yoked and that a little yeast leavens the entire batch. Because someone stands firm for GODS truth and does not compromise does not make them a pharisee. JESUS says HE will vomit the luke warm out of HIS mouth so clearly HE has a standard for us to follow. JESUS also says that the road is narrow; few will be those who find it, and the ones that are on the narrow road are those that “do the will of My Father.” Those are the ones with whom He has fellowship. I believe many are being deceived into thinking that if they stand up for truth in love and speak to others about sin in their life that they are some how being judgmental or hateful but I am realizing it takes real faith and courage "NOT" to look the other way when I see someone in sin. It takes real love, care, and concern to speak to them about the things that matter, about eternity. I think the time is very quickly approaching when each of us will have to decided in a very public way if we are going to be compromising or standing...JESUS is inclusive, HE does not want any to be lost. JESUS is also clearly exclusive, those that are HIS will obey and do the will of the FATHER!!

God bless
maryjane

2013/4/3 9:44Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Is Jesus inclusive or exclusive...

In John 8, we see the woman caught in adultery, whose accusers left when challenged by Jesus, who said he who has never sinned to cast the first stone.

When they were all gone, He said to the woman to go and sin no more.

Jesus said in Luke 13 unless we repent, we shall perish.

Habakkuk 1:13 tells us that God is of purer eyes than to look upon evil.

From scripture, it is clear God hates sin, and condemns it.

The road on which the Christian travels is narrow. No sin allowed.

No doubt, others will weigh in, hopefully using scripture.

God bless.

2013/4/3 9:59Profile

Dear sister, as it always seems to be, we are in agreement. You write.................

I also think its pretty clear that we be inclusive in reaching out to the lost but at the same time exclusive on whom we fellowship with. After all we are told not to be unequally yoked and that a little yeast leavens the entire batch. Because someone stands firm for GODS truth and does not compromise does not make them a pharisee. JESUS says HE will vomit the luke warm out of HIS mouth so clearly HE has a standard for us to follow. JESUS also says that the road is narrow; few will be those who find it, and the ones that are on the narrow road are those that “do the will of My Father.” Those are the ones with whom He has fellowship. I believe many are being deceived into thinking that if they stand up for truth in love and speak to others about sin in their life that they are some how being judgmental or hateful but I am realizing it takes real faith and courage "NOT" to look the other way when I see someone in sin."

I could not agree more. It takes a mature saint to realize that "Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful." Pro 27:6 It does take real faith and courage not to look the other way when you see someone in sin...............bro Frank

2013/4/3 17:57
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Jesus is inclusive

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God

2013/4/4 5:33Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

Is Jesus inclusive or exclusive.

-----

Change the or to and

Jesus is inclusive and exclusive. I think that sums it up exactly right!

rdg

2013/4/4 9:10Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Quote:
Is Jesus inclusive or exclusive.

-----

Change the or to and

Jesus is inclusive and exclusive. I think that sums it up exactly right!

rdg

Great answer, rdg.

INCLUSIVE
1Ti_2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

EXCLUSIVE
Luke_14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Gal 5:21 ...that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Pilgrim

2013/4/4 9:44Profile
passerby

Re:

We are unworthy mortals, He is the great and awesome God. The Almighty causes the sun to shine to both the wicked and the righteous, but the wicked will not have audience before His throne.

He is offering His grace and mercy to all men, but the unrepentant sinners will never partake of His salvation, not in their profanity, not in their abominations.

Who are we that the Lord God Almighty should listen to us. Should we not rather tremble with fear before the Holy One,
Did He not warn the sinners that they will be utterly destroyed in His wrath.

Jesus is the messiah but He shall be the dreadful Judge in the day of the great reckoning. He hates the wicked in their iniquity. No one shall plead before Him with arrogance and contempt. He shall send them in the eternal lake of fire where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

2013/4/4 18:29Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

MaryJane,

Many years ago when I was a young woman I was caught up in this "love" philosophy that was inclusive. You just accept everyone because Jesus did. This was sparked by a book written by Rosalind Rinker - forget the title. It was a feel real good book - gave you lots of warm fuzzy feelings when you implemented her principles.

Time passed and then I found out she was the darling of the lesbian rights movement. Lord have mercy! I was so turned off, so upset! Of course, you have to embrace this non-confrontational mindset in order to accept perversion as normal and God accepting. After experiencing this personally, it is easy to see what is behind all this lovey, dovey doctrine promoted today. The tragedy of all this is that it is a counterfeit of what love really is. God's love is confrontational because there is His wrath to be encountered if it is ignored or eschewed.

Mary Jane, there are a lot of people out there who the devil will use to undermine God's Word. The devil is skilled in using fine rhetoric to accomplish this. Just do not forget that God has the last word. Man can and will quibble about it until doomsday but they will never succeed in changing God's mind - it is ours that need changing and only the Holy Spirit can facilitate that.

God bless.

Sandra

2013/4/5 7:41Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

BTW, "Christianity Today" magazine has throughout the years done survey's asking people what writers/books have had the most profound impact upon them. For many years Rosalind Rinker was in those top 100 authors...this should teach you something.

2013/4/5 7:44Profile
MaryJane

Re:

The true gospel is radically exclusive, Jesus is not "a" way; He is "the" way, and all other ways are no way at all. If Christianity would only move one small step toward a more tolerant ecumenicalism and exchange the definite article "the" for the indefinite article "a", the scandal would be over, and the world and Christianity could become friends. However, whenever this occurs, Christianity ceases to be Christianity, Christ is denied, and the world is without a Savior.
Paul Washer

Thought this was a quote worth sharing.

God bless
maryjane

2013/4/9 9:25Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy