SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What is Bibical love anyway??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
He did not object to the public display, but rather objected to them being the hypocrites they were.

Amen... correct you are.

Angyl... we are one in spirit, my brother.

Krispy

2005/3/11 13:28
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re: What is Bibical love anyway??

Laying down your life for people who do not, should not, and could not deserve it.

2005/3/11 14:55Profile

Re: What is biblical love anywan?

Mother Theresa, and so many more like her. Jesus Himself said, no greater love hath a man than this, that he(/she) lay down his life for a friend. Read all of Isaiah 58 and Matt 25:31:46 for further insight.

Love God with all your heart, and love your neighbor as yourself....just like Mother Theresa did, and so many others like her.

2005/3/12 13:59

Re: one more thing...

I'm hoping to go to India in October. Anyone want to come? We will be working out of Christ for India in Visak. www.christforindia.org

If all goes well, then my wife and I will go back there and serve the Lord long term, God willing. Please pray for finances, as the Lord will have to fund the trip. Please pray for anointing, that are steps are not taken in vain.

2005/3/12 14:02

Re:

Quote:
Mother Theresa, and so many more like her. Jesus Himself said, no greater love hath a man than this, that he(/she) lay down his life for a friend. Read all of Isaiah 58 and Matt 25:31:46 for further insight.

Love God with all your heart, and love your neighbor as yourself....just like Mother Theresa did, and so many others like her.

It's just too bad that Mother Theresa died believing in the Catholic Church for her salvation. If she did not put her faith in Christ alone, then she was not saved. Thats heart breaking considering that she did so much for so many.

But as the Word of God says:

[i][b]Isaiah 64:6[/b] "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags..."[/i]

No matter how much good we do... if we are trusting in [b]anything[/b] other than Jesus Christ for our salvation, we are lost.

Mother Theresa, sadly, put her faith in the Catholic Church and it's sacraments for her salvation. I hope she realized her error and received Jesus' sacrifice for her sins before she died. Indications are that she did not. (her own writings)

Krispy

2005/3/14 9:53
Compton

Re: Say What?

Quote:
It's just too bad that Mother Theresa died believing in the Catholic Church for her salvation. If she did not put her faith in Christ alone, then she was not saved. Thats heart breaking considering that she did so much for so many.

Dear brothers, let's not embarrass ourselves! ;-) This is our conclusion in a thread entitled "What is biblical love?" Here is a woman that embraces the very life of the cross that this entire website is dedicated too!

Mother Thersa said,

"Let there be no pride or vanity in the work. The work is God's work, the poor are God's poor. Put yourself completely under the influence of Jesus, so that he may think His thoughts in your mind, do His work through your hands, for you will be all powerful with Him who strengthens you."

Brothers, there is no way she lived the life she lived other then by abiding in Jesus Christ. To believe otherwise says something about how impoverished our evangelical gospel has become. The scriptures, such as James' description of "true religion", that express God's heart for the poor could fill a large Christian volume...not an evangelical volume mind you, but a Christian one none the less.
Quote:
No matter how much good we do... if we are trusting in anything other than Jesus Christ for our salvation, we are lost.

John Calvin couldn't have said it better! Yet we must distiguish mere doctrinal purity from true heart purity. I think she understood the work of the cross in a deeper and more profound way then most protestants.

"It is not possible to engage a direct apostolate without being a soul of prayer. We must be aware of oneness with Christ, as he was aware of oneness with His father. Our activity is truly apostolic only in so far as we permit him to work in us and through us, with His power, with His desire, with His love. We must become holy, not because we want to feel holy , but because Christ must be able to live His life fully in us. We are to be all love, all faith, all purity, for the sake of the poor we serve. And once we have learned to seek God and His will, our contacts with the poor will become the means of great sancity to ourselves and others. Love to pray---feel often during the day the need for prayer, and take trouble to pray. Prayer enlarges the heart untill it is capable of containing Gods' gift of Himself. Ask and seek and your heart will grow big enough to recieve Him and keep Him as your own."

Yes, I can recite all of the errors and heresy of Roman Catholicism. (Indeed my faith is more in the reformed tradition then the arminian tradition.) Yet I dare not believe that my faith in grace to be so pure as to condemn her life lived in grace. Sadly, her faith in Christ included some of the sacraments and idols of the Catholic church. The only difference between her idols and ours, is that ours are more plentiful and more secret. If only we had as few idols in our lives as she had in hers.

We American Evangelicals, for all our fine didactic doctrine, are still trying to understand all of the Gospel, I think. It is good to hold fast to a pure doctrine of grace; it is far better if our grace enables us to hold fast to the poor the destitute and the least of these.

"Without our suffering, our work would just be social work, very good and helpful comma, but it would not be the work of Jesus Christ comma, not part of the redemption. Jesus wanted to help by sharing our life, our loneliness, our agony, our death. Only by being one with us, has he redeemed us. We are allowed to do the same; all the desolation of the poor people, not only their material poverty, but their spiritual destitution, must be redeemed, and we must share it for only by being one with them can we redeem them, that is, by bringing God into their lives and bringing them to God."

For your consideration,

MC

2005/3/15 4:39Profile

Re:

If [b]anybody[/b] is putting there faith in anything other than the saving grace of Jesus Christ... they are lost, no matter how good they are.

The Catholic Church teaches salvation thru works... the sacraments. This is what Mother Theresa believed. Her own writings at the end of her life showed this. She believed Mary is the co-redeemer, she believed salvation thru the sacraments.

If this is what she held to when she drew her last breath... then she was not saved.

Quotes from Mother Theresa:

[i]"Let us ask [Mary] to be our Mother, guiding us and protecting us...she is always leading us to Jesus"[/i]

[i]"We gather to thank God for the 40 years of the beautiful work of the United Nations for the good of the people. No color, no religion, no nationality should come between us--we are all children of God. ... When we destroy an unborn child, we destroy God" (11/11/85 Christian News ).[/i]

(the Bible is very clear about who can be called the "sons of God"... those who are saved. - Krispy)

[i]"I love all religions. ... If people become better Hindus, better Muslims, better Buddhists by our acts of love, then there is something else growing there."[/i]

[i]"All is God--Buddists, Hindus, Christians, etc., all have access to the same God."[/i]

[i]"At the word of a priest, that little piece of bread becomes the body of Christ, the Bread of Life."[/i]

[i]"When the priest is there, then can we have our altar and our tabernacle and our Jesus. Only the priest put Jesus there for us. ... Jesus wants to go there, but we cannot bring him unless you first give him to us. This is why I love priests so much. We could never be what we are and do the things we do without you priests who first bring Jesus to us."[/i]

[i]"Mary ... is our patroness and our Mother, and she is always leading us to Jesus."[/i]

When asked who she tells dying people of other religions to pray to, she responded: [i]"We tell them to pray to their Bhagwan, to their gods."[/i]

Perhaps the most damning quote is this:

(The following is from an interview with a Catholic nun, "Sister" Ann, who worked in Kathmandu, Nepal, with "Mother" Teresa's organization Missionaries of Charity. The interview was conducted 11/23/84 at the Pashupati Temple.)

[i]Q: Do you believe if they die believing in Shiva or in Ram [Hindu gods] they will go to heaven?

A: Yes, that is their faith. My own faith will lead me to God, ... [b]So if they have believed in their god very strongly, if they have faith, surely they will be saved.[/b]

Q: Today it does not seem that the Catholic Church is trying to convert anymore. I know that John Paul II is saying now that those of other religions are saved. You do not believe they are lost anyway, right?

A: [b]No, they are not lost.[/b] They are saved according to their faith, you know. If they believe whatever they believe, that is their salvation.[/i]

[b]No one will ever deny she did true humanitarian work but she came in the name of a false gospel, she preached a false gospel, and died in that false gospel. The way of salvation is through Christ and Christ alone. No one can work their way to Heaven, for if we could, then Christ died in vain because salvation would have been available by human effort.[/b]

Believe me when I say that I take NO pleasure in making these statements about a woman who did so much for so many... but the truth is the truth... and I will not sit back and let this go on by and cause many to think that good works brings salvation. That is completely and utterly backwards from what the Bible says and teaches.

Salvation brings good works... not the other way around.

Dont like it? Dont get mad at me... it's not my gospel... it's Jesus's.

Lest anyone think that the Catholic Church is "just another denomination"... I would strongly urge that person to examine it's heretical teachings, as well as the history of the Catholic Church. The blood of thousands of true believers in Jesus Christ is on the hands of the historically murderous Catholic Church. Heck, if it was up to the Catholic Church... you wouldnt have a Bible to read in the first place.

Krispy

2005/3/15 8:25
MarkDaniel

Midwest, USA

Re:

Hey Krispy, thanks for the insight on Ma Theresa. I was not aware of her heretical beliefs concerning embracing all these false religions as being of the same God I serve.

The LORD keeps tearing me down with nuggets of knowledge like this. We have become such an idolatrous nation. We see people doing good works and prop them up as being of God's. Yet, when I read these statements of hers, I cringe and I am broken even more.

When I asked the Lord to truly open my eyes, I thought it was going to be this "awesome" experience. Mostly, it has been sobering and at many times, terrible, and has caused me great sorrow. Stupid me, huh?

MD

2005/3/15 8:47Profile

Re:

Quote:
The LORD keeps tearing me down with nuggets of knowledge like this. We have become such an idolatrous nation. We see people doing good works and prop them up as being of God's. Yet, when I read these statements of hers, I cringe and I am broken even more.

I truly believe the church has been sold a bill of goods in many cases. And ignorance is bliss. Hardly anyone takes the time to check things out... and so gullibility reigns supreme.

It's sad, Mark.

And the more I investigate things for myself, the more I see how deceptive and subtle Satan is.

Krispy

2005/3/15 8:54
Paulus

Celbridge Kildare Ireland

Re:

This is a very important issue. If we waver and begin to say " all roads lead to Christ" we will be swamped by Islam and other such faiths who make no such allowance for the Christian faith.

However lets not forget our mercy and stay sensitive to the Holy Spirit. I am always encouraged by the story of Appollos who was tutored by Priscilla and Aquilla who showed him " a more excellent way". Perhaps what is lacking in modern evangelical circles is the same willingness to give all and serve as mother T did. Whilst I was in a state of apostasy about four years ago I visited an Aids Hostel run by her nuns in South Africa. As a " believer" I wandered from bed to bed first on a full fllor of dying men, then on a floor of dying women and finally a floor of dying children. I had nothing to give them in my back slidden and hard hearted condidtion. On the top floor a black sister gathered the children around her and sang " I believe we belive the Holy Spirit will come down and Africa will be saved". I knew that the Holy Spirit was speaking to me, and shortly after my return to Ireland I wept my way back through repentance to a relationship with Jesus.
I have huge issues with the R C doctrines but am shamed by how little I give having recieved so much. Maybe we all need to display the attributes of Christ more so that the ones who serve in "ignorance" begin to take as much notice of what we do as what we say.

Paul
Ireland

2005/3/15 9:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy