SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons :  Your First Mission is Your Family - Don't Let Go Of Them! by Keith Daniel

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
proudpapa

Your First Mission is Your Family - Don't Let Go Of Them! by Keith Daniel

Your First Mission is Your Family - Don't Let Go Of Them! by Keith Daniel

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=3993

I would strongly encourage this Spirit filled sermon for everyone but especially those whom have marital problems or those whom have wayward children or other wayward family members.

Powerful sermon, full of encouraging true life examples and scriptures that bring hope to not give up on the wayward.

2013/4/2 13:01Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: Your First Mission is Your Family - Don't Let Go Of Them! by Keith Daniel

Very timely!

My wife and I were just wondering why ministers don't "step down" when their own children are going through difficult times of rebellion or sin. I would hold great respect for a pastor, missionary or evangelist who felt a need to resign in order to take care of the affairs of his household.

Unfortunately, many ministers have turned their "calling" into a "career" in which they would find it difficult to survive (financially) without the paycheck that comes from their "job."

A friend of mine did tell me about a pastor who stepped down from his church because he had a wayward teenager. The church elders met together and offered to continue paying him during that troubling time. However, the pastor felt obliged to surrender himself to the mercy of God and he sacrificed his "career" for the sake of his family. He found another job, moved out of the parsonage and dedicated himself to his family.

I find such an anecdote refreshing! A pastor's family will never be perfect; however, the pastor's first responsibility is to his family. He should not sacrifice his wife or children for the sake of the Church.

2013/4/2 17:35Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy