SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Andrew Strom's Battle Plan

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
But the greatest thing that i'm learning is His endless love and compassion, tho He may have to trot us out to the woodshed every once in a while, He always reminds us from scripture that He's doing so because He loves us, then afterwards hugs us, and bids us "go and sin no more" ... i pray that if the John the Baptist Movement can call out sin in love then God's power to it, but if it's gonna drive an even bigger wedge may it fizzle out and die in it's tracts now ... The power of conviction can only be weilded by Holy Spirit ...

Amen.

I believe God is going to direct Andrew and James and others in this aspect of what God is doing in the earth right now. I have enjoyed ministering with these men since last February (Andrew) and a few times with James since last October. God has done some great things and taught me much. I am mainly concerned for the people who want to get on board who are not going to listen to the Holy Ghost. The whole thing stands on a knife edge. God will give direction. He knows who to use. We will see what God will do.

God Bless,

-Robert

2005/3/11 15:41Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
We are not talking about starting a 'denomination' or a church. We are not talking about some new "system". We are talking about (1) Simply bringing like-minded people together, and (2) Bringing the WORD to the CHURCH. (-Largely a word of REPENTANCE).

[b]Battle Plan?[/b] I am abit worried about wording of this and the overall sense of what is being conveyed. I think a few times before Andrew has given the trumpet call using other words and phrases to start a revolution and change but it will all come to nothing if its NOT GOD's TIME.. I am not saying Andrew Strom is totally wrong but I am not thinking that a clear-cut leaving the church and forming "repentance" groups is going to amount to much. I could give a call for SI groups to form and leave their home churches but I would sadly be starting somewhat of a cult and forcing something God needs to do by His Spirit.

God is at work in so many places in so many hearts.. Let us cry out for personal revival before we start condemning all the others around us in church buildings. "Woe is me" is where we have to come to [i](read Isaiah 6 slowly word by word)[/i].

2005/3/11 16:11Profile
TonyS

Kansas City, Missouri

Re:

Greg Wrote:

Quote:
Battle Plan? I am abit worried about wording of this and the overall sense of what is being conveyed. I think a few times before Andrew has given the trumpet call using other words and phrases to start a revolution and change but it will all come to nothing if its NOT GOD's TIME.. I am not saying Andrew Strom is totally wrong but I am not thinking that a clear-cut leaving the church and forming "repentance" groups is going to amount to much. I could give a call for SI groups to form and leave their home churches but I would sadly be starting somewhat of a cult and forcing something God needs to do by His Spirit.

God is at work in so many places in so many hearts.. Let us cry out for personal revival before we start condemning all the others around us in church buildings. "Woe is me" is where we have to come to (read Isaiah 6 slowly word by word).

]
Quote:
Brother Doug, I am quite weary with alot of the prophetic characters that are adhered to and respected in some of these circles. Mr Ravenhill leaving at the last moment might have come from his research and talking to some people about the list of speakers at the event? I would like to hear what you felt about the event Robert?

Hello Greg,

To my knowledge there has never been a “public” explanation as to why Mr. Ravenhill pulled out of this conference at the last moment. So any thoughts on this I guess will just be speculation or conjecture at best.
If indeed Mr Ravenhill did research on some of these Conference speakers writings it could explain his abrupt departure.

You wrote “let us cry for personal revival”, how true this is. I sat through half of the John The Baptist sessions myself.
The keynote speaker the first evening made the statement that the Church needs rebuked, it was then qualified by stating it needs to be done with wisdom, but then sadly these remarks were concluded with a statement that even if it is not done with wisdom, the Church still needs rebuked. Troubling, to say the least in my opinion.

I have only felt the need to depart out of two services in my life, the first years ago at a so-called “laughing in the Spirit” service with Kenneth Hagin, and then the second day at this John The Baptist Conference during the afternoon session. I observed several others left as well, and from a limited perspective only speaking with a few it seems some were uncomfortable with the whole “declaration of war” mentality, or “going to war, equipped to fight, enlistments, prepare for battle, ect…”

I know some as well, were uncomfortable with the call “for catchers” to come forward before one of the speakers prayed for some.

It would not be proper to dismiss the two hundred or so that were in attendance and start applying labels. No doubt there were those who desperately want to walk in holiness and live for the Glory Of God. One thought I got from being in the services was a genuine sense that many simply feel they are alone, maybe abandoned? And I believe the Holy Spirit will guide them, and me as well!

But to close, many have written or mentioned the figure of 33,000 different Christian denominations or sects, and usually I have found said in a derogatory fashion. And then ironically the plan seems to call for yet more “groups, fellowships ect..” to be formed?

I can only echo Robert’s thoughts “optimistic caution”, with emphasis on the caution.

God Bless,
tony

2005/3/11 18:13Profile
MarkDaniel

Midwest, USA

Re:

Quote:
I observed several others left as well

Yes, there are going to be many in the faith who will never tolerate any message of repentance. They are very comfortable in their sin. Been there, done that.

I wonder whether it will be considered a war when those in the churches begin killing the true sons and daughters of God, thinking they are doing themselves and God a favor...

2005/3/11 18:28Profile
MarkDaniel

Midwest, USA

Re:

Quote:
Man, i just got all filled up thinking how wondrous it is to be the child of the King! ... Thank you Lord Jesus!

I'm feeling the same way tonight :)

2005/3/11 18:32Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I observed several others left as well, and from a limited perspective only speaking with a few it seems some were uncomfortable with the whole “declaration of war” mentality, or “going to war, equipped to fight, enlistments, prepare for battle, ect…”

Thank you brother Tony for sharing your experience about the John the Baptist Conference. There is something in what Jesus said to Peter and the Apostles that I think we need to grasp to get back to reality with all of this: [b]Matthrew 16:18a (NKJV)[/b] - "I will build My Church".

[i]note the emphasis:[/i]
"[b]I[/b] will build My Church" - It is Jesus that will intiate and start the Church, it is Jesus Himself that will be active in the laying the foundation of the Church.

"I [b]will[/b] build My Church" - This is a promise of Jesus He WILL have it come to pass, He will do it. He is able and willing to do the work and will have His Church made.

"I will [b]build[/b] My Church" - Note that Jesus is the one that builds it, He pours out His Spirit, and the gifts of the Spirit. It is His choices that really matter in all the activities of believers that comprise the Church. We can rest in the fact that He is the one that is building.

"I will build [b]My[/b] Church" - It is His Church, He has claimed it as His own. We have to get our hands off it as if we owned it or claim rights to it. He is the master we are the slaves. We have to give the Church back to Jesus for the Church to truly be the Church.

"I will build My [b]Church[/b]" - The Church is the body of believers that are indwelt by the Spirit of Jesus. The church is unique and created by Christ, He is the head of it. It is the creation of God and what a wonderful thing it is to be a part of it, to have the heavenly gift and to partake of the Holy Spirit and the power of the ages to come.

2005/3/11 18:41Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Yes, there are going to be many in the faith who will never tolerate any message of repentance. They are very comfortable in their sin. Been there, done that.

I just think there is something strange in really trying to be divise in the body of Christ. At SermonIndex there is a promotion of true spiritual revival, a distaste of the way the spiritual condition of the Church is. But the summation of these things comes back to the individual: where are you with God? Are you praying for revival personally? There is a call to miltantency but it is NEVER in the physical, we are at war spiritually, "let us enter into warfare on our knees".

2005/3/11 18:44Profile
MarkDaniel

Midwest, USA

Re:

Quote:
where are you with God? Are you praying for revival personally?

Do you have a few hours/days/weeks for me to share all the personal revival, healing, miracles, breaking down, and resurrection that the Lord Jesus Christ is doing here? :) Does anyone want to really hear it? Nobody on this board knows. Just my small circle of friends and my Lord Jesus.

I'm still waiting for someone outside that gift of friends to actually listen without telling me I'm just out of my mind, I'm a fanatic, or it all really didn't happen (quote from a local pastor). Are there any believers out there? I'm not only praying for more personal revival, but it is actually HAPPENING here!

Will anybody in the church celebrate and praise Him with me?

2005/3/11 19:03Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I'm still waiting for someone outside that gift of friends to actually listen without telling me I'm just out of my mind, I'm a fanatic, or it all really didn't happen (quote from a local pastor). Are there any believers out there? I'm not only praying for more personal revival, but it is actually HAPPENING here!

I am not sure what you are actually referring to? what church? are you the pastor? more information please.

2005/3/11 19:11Profile
AgesofWar

Chicago IL USA

Re:

Quote:
There is a call to miltantency but it is NEVER in the physical, we are at war spiritually, "let us enter into warfare on our knees".

Yes the Trumpet is sounding even now my brothers...

Hear my words

Fight today not by your own strength or your own plans or your own cunning but by the direction the power and anointing of the Holy Spirit.

Seek, Dig in the Field and find the Treasure Our Father has placed there-in and then count the Cost of the Treasure who is our Lord Jesus.
Pay the Cost, which is our all and all our prime-time and abide with him and he will give you missions and make a real slave out of you.

Amen

PS. Slave of Christ

2005/3/11 19:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy