SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : The earth is the Lord’s,

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

The earth is the Lord’s,

A simple, but powerful truth has meant very much to me this week, as through it, God has clarified my Vision, Love and Devotion to Him many times: “The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it....” (Ps. 24:1) Why so powerful?? Because it speaks of God’s COMPLETE and TOTAL ownership, sovereignty and power over the earth and ALL its inhabitants. HE is the One who orders all the workings of our lives, circumstances and relationships. HE is the One who determines who, what, where, when and how Life is worked out day to day. The Government and Final Say-so rests with HIM, not me!! HE is the One who decides and directs and determines and strengthens and provides Grace and Love to walk out His Will for our lives. He REALLY DOES!! So who am i to question, whine, second-guess, accuse when He is GOD and has EVERY RIGHT to call the shots EXACTLY the way He likes! The earth is THE LORD’s!!! And ALL WHO LIVE IN IT! Let’s together turn from all the downcastness, or striking out or blaming or groveling or aimlessness or selfishness—and instead, with a Light and a Hope and a Gleam in our eye, “follow the Lamb wherever He goes...” He reigns SUPREME!!(M)

I came across this devotional written by another sister and just thought it a very timely and wonderful reminder. GOD does reign no matter what happens in this world. There may be economic collapses, wars, floods, famines, droughts, hurricanes, earthquakes, tornado, civil unrest, persecutions, and sickness but GOD still reigns. Through it all it HE is still in control. I find that I am able to go through the storm much easier knowing that HE is leading the way and guiding me.

God bless
maryjane

2013/3/30 9:13Profile

Re: The earth is the Lord’s,

Dear sis MJ, you wrote...........

"The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it....” (Ps. 24:1) Why so powerful?? Because it speaks of God’s COMPLETE and TOTAL ownership, sovereignty and power over the earth and ALL its inhabitants. HE is the One who orders all the workings of our lives, circumstances and relationships. HE is the One who determines who, what, where, when and how Life is worked out day to day."

Thank you sister, the Lord confirmed something to me today, actually He has confirmed it in so many ways, but it was the word " ownership," that stands out to me. Men, always try to won things, they take ownership of things which is not theirs. I wrote this four days ago and have it on my website as a devotional..............

A long time ago the "Church," was redefined by men as something separate from the people. They created a building and a system and they called it their own. This is always the folly of men. Consider this, consider what men would do with this. Say, we had in our possession , the bush that burned and the sand that surrounded it when Moses encountered the Lord.It would be venerated and visited by the masses of people and it would be worshiped.

Yet all it would be would be a bush and some sand. It is the presence of God that makes the ground Holy, whether it is a bush, some sand, a building , a living room, a basement. God dwells within His people. They are the Church. They are living stones, built upon the chief stone, the cornerstone. When two or three of them gather together, then He is there in the midst of them. Two or three brothers and sisters. Not one, for one can worship and pray alone and come before the throne, but to the two or three there lies the promise. This corporate presence of God is unique and beautiful and Holy and majestic. It cannot be compared.

It cannot because it was created that way, praise the Lord. Now if I know that and you know that then the enemy of our souls knows that too. This, I would charge, would become one of his greatest tasks, to destroy genuine gatherings of the saints. He has had much success but has ultimately failed. Just when he thinks he has down a wonderful job, then God begins to call all His children all over the world, His remnant children to come together for these, the final days. What seems like the enemy's greatest victory will become his ultimate defeat. As the saints begin to gather in defiance of his works, then he will reveal himself and come against them with hell and all of it's fury.

And then, in the midst of all of that, the Bridegroom returns for His bride. The lion of Judah returns and He rides, not on a donkey but on a stallion. Not now as the Lamb but as the Lion. He comes to bring justice and judgement. There will be a fire in His eyes and a two edged sword in His mouth, glory to God, glory to God.

2013/3/30 9:37

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy