SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Pregnancy...having young children in the end days...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: Pregnancy...having young children in the end days...

Dear Sister,

My wife and I, will pray this evening in agreement with you both that the Lord will show you His perfect will in this matter, and that ultimately He will heal you completely.

He is faithful.

2013/3/25 19:13
rufnrust

Indiana

Children are still arrows in the hand of the mighty! We need a generation growing on into, and declaring the kingdom of God.

Just a note here. The Muslims are not afraid to keep having children by the numbers. How about a righteous generation to declare the glory of God.

I have 5 children. I hope that helps a little.

If you are unable to have more, sharpen the one you have and disciple others as you have opportunity.

Ruf

2013/4/2 8:32Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

I know someone who told his wife 36 years ago that he did not want children because they were living in the end times. This was very difficult for his wife who loved children and desired them. He is now alone as his wife passed away last year. Though she loved children and they would be in their thirtys now she was denied them because of fear as we now know.

Many thought WWII were the last days. We would not be here today, if our parents had the mind set of "no children". Jesus says, "Occupy till I come".

I understand the hesitation and the careful thought that people want to give to the matter, but let not the decision be one of fear. Fear will cripple a person and prevent one from functioning as they should.

As with most things in life:
Matt 9:29 ...According to your faith be it unto you.

2013/4/2 8:50Profile
ThyKingCome

Southern CA

Dear Sister, God bless you. I won't be able to add much to the wisdom that has already been shared by many precious people, but I do want to add a brief testimony.

My wife and I also had similar doubts and fears about having children. We wondered what would be most expedient for the Kingdom of God, or if it was prudent to raise a family in such a dark hour of history! The Lord began to speak to us from the lives of various families in the Bible.

The time of the children of Egypt in Exodus was very scary, and Pharoah wanted to kill all of the male children because he feared the growing power of the Israelites.

Here are a few verses from Exodus 1.

"15 Then the king of Egypt spoke to the Hebrew midwives, of whom the name of one was Shiphrah and the name of the other Puah; 16 and he said, “When you do the duties of a midwife for the Hebrew women, and see them on the birthstools, if it is a son, then you shall kill him; but if it is a daughter, then she shall live.” 17 But the midwives feared God, and did not do as the king of Egypt commanded them, but saved the male children alive. 18 So the king of Egypt called for the midwives and said to them, “Why have you done this thing, and saved the male children alive?”

19 And the midwives said to Pharaoh, “Because the Hebrew women are not like the Egyptian women; for they are lively and give birth before the midwives come to them.”

20 Therefore God dealt well with the midwives, and the people multiplied and grew very mighty. 21 And so it was, because the midwives feared God, that He provided households for them."

Such an amazing account of God not only protecting the mothers, but even the mid-wives who feared God. "He provided households for them". The Lord began to put questions into our hearts such as "What if Moses' parents had decided to not have any children? Where then would be Aaron, Miriam and Moses"? They could easily have decided not to have children in such an intense time.

God even showed us that in the time before the Babylonian captivity the land was dark, and Daniel's parents could have decided not to have children in fear that they would become servants of a foreign king. But look how the Lord used Daniel...Nehemiah and other men in such a troublesome time! God wants to raise up deliverer's "for such a time as this" as He did with Esther.

We didn't want to withhold a "Daniel" or a "Nehemiah" from the Lord or from this generation. (we have two boys now and are preparing and praying for baby #3).

Now regarding your health sister, as it has been said by brother Mark and others we are free in the Spirit of liberty to be led by the Lord. God would not give you a physical malady that hinders childbearing and then turn around and condemn you for not having more children...He is not the author of confusion. It may be that He wants to show you His grace during the process if He so leads you to have another child naturally, or He may completely surprise you with a healing! God is also a huge fan of adoption, He has begotten a few kids Himself this way :)

However you are led, please do take to heart the counsel from the rest of the brethren that the times we live in are not to dictate how we shall follow the Lord. God is with you and He certainly knows how to take care of His own. You are very precious to Him. Bless you.

Kevin Bruce

2013/4/2 11:24Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

There have been many dark times in history. In fact, people in every century were of the opinion that their tribulation was "Great Tribulation" and no other generations would exist.

I am glad that Esther was born.

Est 4:14 For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father's house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?

I can look back and name many saints whose birth I am grateful for.

2013/4/2 14:54Profile
Matthew2323

Colorado

Re:

Mrs. Carter,

There are three ways that I know of that Father uses to speak to us: The Bible, His Spirit and wisdom.

In your situtaion, there is no specific Bible verse telling you and your husband to have another child at this moment in time.

Second, according to your testimony, Jesus has not spoken to either you or your husband through His Spirit that now is the time for you to have more children.

That leaves your family to walk in the way of wisdom. I concur with the others who have posted that we are not living in the "end times" as it is commonly called. Both Paul (1 Corinthians 10:11) and the writer to the Hebrews (1:2) referred to the first century as the "last days." Therefore I would not base any decision on this type of hypothetical scenario.

From your second post, what I believe you and your husband should consider is the medical condition of which you spoke. Of course, God "could" prevent any problems from occurring but we are called to step out in faith, not step out in "could." In other words, Jesus knows full well the condition of your body and if He spoke to you (or your husband) that now is the time for you to have another child, you would then want to follow Him in faith. However, absent any such epiphany, I would encourage you to listen to your body. Not all of God's guidance comes through a personal revelation as there are times when the way that He created us keys us in to how we should act: we eat when we're hungry, sleep when we're tired, etc.

If you don't mind sharing, how have your close friends counseled your family? Are you two leaning in one direction or the other at the moment?

Grace and peace,
Matthew

2013/4/3 9:00Profile

"Then I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all the countries where I have driven them, and I will bring them back to their fold, and they shall be fruitful and multiply." Jeremiah 23:3

"And God said to him, “I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply. A nation and a company of nations shall come from you, and kings shall come from your own body." Genesis 35:11

"Arise, go to Paddan-aram to the house of Bethuel your mother's father, and take as your wife from there one of the daughters of Laban your mother's brother. God Almightybless you and make you fruitful and multiply you, that you may become a company of peoples. May he give the blessing of Abraham to you and to your offspring with you, that you may take possession of the land of your sojournings that God gave to Abraham!” Genesis 28:2-4

"And God said to him, “Your name is Jacob; no longer shall your name be called Jacob, but Israel shall be your name.” So he called his name Israel. And God said to him, “I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply. A nation and a company of nations shall come from you, and kings shall come from your own body. The land that I gave to Abraham and Isaac I will give to you, and I will give the land to your offspring after you.” Genesis 35:10-12

if i had not been a sin soaked fool, i would have had my wife back, and we, God willing, would have had more than our one son. But, though i was a fool, i am SO THANKFUL to God Almighty for that dear boy, and as a testimony to his mother of my enduring love for her, i have not, nor will i EVER "remarry"...maybe one day, she will come back to me, though we cannot bear any more children...fore she is precious and beloved of my heart...(and i'm crying while i write this...in 2 days, she turns 45, i've known her since she was 12, and we were always brother and sister in our hearts...even to this day)

What does the LORD say to you sister?

2013/4/3 10:40
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

And do not forget Esther was an orphan. And do not forget the maiden, a slave girl, who ministered to Naaman. She was carried away from her home land, a captive. Her parents did a fantastic job with that girl that she maintained her faith in a pagan country.

We do not like to think of our children being deprived of our parenting, but sometimes God sees fit otherwise but will use them to his honor and glory. Hard pill to swallow for parents who have strong parenting instincts...

2013/4/3 11:15Profile

Re:

human beings.....sometimes i wonder how God can even BEAR with us.....which to me, just UNDERLINES His Merciful Forebearance and Love for us.

obviously 'something else' just engendered this post, and i will gracefully leave it at that....or to put it as the world does, "it takes two to tango". God bless His children, and have Mercy on us....or one of the greatest prayerss the disciplines uttered:

"Increase our Faith!"

neil

2013/4/3 11:20

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy