SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A great book exposing cheap grace/hyper-grace by David Servant (read for free)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
joliboy11

Philippines

A great book exposing cheap grace/hyper-grace by David Servant (read for free)

I recommend to buy this book to share to others, you can freely read/download it here:
https://www.heavensfamily.org/ss/false_grace_gospel

This book examines the modern gospel that is so popular in America and around the globe, but that is often lacking when compared to the gospel of the Bible. The primary difference is that the modern gospel portrays a grace that is foreign to Scripture, a grace that is actually a license to sin. Whereas the gospel of the Bible reveals a grace from God that offers people a limited time to repent and a promise of freedom from sin. Jesus told the woman caught in adultery, "I do not condemn you, either. Go. From now on sin no more" (John 8:11). You can be certain that if that woman continued in her sin, when she stood at Christ's judgment seat after her death, she did not hear the same words again. Likewise, God is graciously giving every person a limited opportunity to repent, so that each person will stand before Him forgiven and striving to follow Him to "enter through the narrow gate" (Matt. 7:13).

2013/3/22 3:15Profile
a-servant

Re: A great book exposing cheap grace/hyper-grace by David Servant (read for free)

That's a great book for people that think they understand the gospel, but have been subtley mislead to believe "another gospel".

"modern gospel that is so popular in America and around the globe" - it actually comes from America to the rest of the globe

we can see the result of that especially in the new Christianity in Asia, where many 'new streams' of theology like for example 'The Purpose Driven Church' arrive from America and infiltrate one local church after the other. Neither the gospel of self-idolatry nor the 'cheap grace' gospel is the gospel of the Bible. But the propaganda of them is merciless and ruins many congregations where the believers with non-corrupted doctrines are left in the minority. It's gotten so bad, that I already thought that God has to intervene at some point closing the propaganda channel just to preserve the true gospel, or it will cease to exist.

You can find similar content in a related book:

Great Falling Away Today
by Milton Green

it's online per your search engine as a html-online book

2013/3/22 23:44Profile
staff

Re:

Hi all,
Their is no such a thing as cheap grace.This term is of itself is false teaching.
Yours Staff

2013/3/23 16:14Profile

Re:

"Cheap grace is the forgiveness without requiring repentence, baptism without church discipline. Communion without confession. Cheap grace is grace without discipleship, grace without the cross, grace without Jesus Christ."

From Dietrich Bobhoffer in Cost of Discipleship.

Staff respectfully. Perhaps I am missing something. How is cheap grace a false teaching? Are you saying the above quote is false? Or that cheap grace itself is false? Could you clarify please?

For that matter would anyone in the forum agree with the above quote from Bonhoffer. This sounds pretty biblical to me.

Bearmaster.

2013/3/23 20:00
passerby

Re:

It was the apostle Paul who was first accused of being a false apostle who teaches the cheap gospel of grace.

Quote:

"Cheap grace is the forgiveness without requiring repentence, baptism without church discipline. Communion without confession. Cheap grace is grace without discipleship, grace without the cross, grace without Jesus Christ."

What then is repentance? baptism without church discipline, communion without confession, or discipleship?

When the thief on the cross was promised that he will be taken in the paradise, was he forgiven, what repentance did he exhibit?

The great religions are all preaching repentance and those other things as well.

2013/3/24 1:02Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re: A great book exposing cheap grace/hyper-grace by David Servant (read for free)

I have begun reading the book, and so far I have found it a very good resource on the subject. I found a better download link where you could download the whole book at once.

http://freechristianresource.weebly.com/uploads/9/5/7/0/9570043/gospel.pdf

The book defines the shocking reality that many unsuspecting "believers" will come to when they realize that they are forever banned from heaven because they were deceived while on earth.

I just read this good summation of the issue:

"Those who profess to be His children yet persist in the practice of lawlessness even after enlightenment are deceived. People who have been truly born again yearn to be holy; they "hunger and thirst for righteousness" (Matt. 5:6). God is at work within them to complete the good work He began in their lives (see Phil. 1:6; 2:13). Thus, if our faith is not resulting in our sanctification (increasing holiness), let us not think our faith is resulting in our justification (being declared guiltless before God) either. There is no such thing as justification that is not followed by sanctification. For this reason Scripture says, "Pursue...the sanctification without which no one will see the Lord" (Heb. 12:14, emphasis added). Heaven is not for the unholy."

2013/3/24 1:36Profile
joliboy11

Philippines

Re:

yes,
http://freechristianresource.weebly.com is a mini website I created...

I thought before that I am already "born again", "repented" and I am "preaching" it. It was the book I read that I realize my sinfulness and doing religion "to please men" then I've been really born again, it is really humiliating but the most wonderful experience I had.
There is also sincere but false repentance, that have only momentary effect/s.
The book brings you to reality that "no sinner will enter the kingdom of heaven". It will banish your false hopes and point you to embrace the Gospel of Jesus.

Thanks to David Servant.

2013/3/24 3:37Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
staff.....Their is no such a thing as cheap grace.This term is of itself is false teaching.
Yours Staff

Amen! the only kind of grace I know of is AMAZING GRACE!

2013/3/24 10:59Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Passerby,
Paul never used the term "cheap grace".It doesnt exist in the bible.It is a term made up recently as far as i can see in a reaction to the present condition of the western church.The "cheap grace gospel" is another gospel.Dont put words like "cheap grace" in Pauls mouth.
It seems to be used to control Christians and putting them under condemnation.Their is enough false church discipline to go around.It is just similar in a way to "touch not the lords anointed "teaching.
The reason we dont have discipleship is because we dont have leaders with Apostolic authority.We dont have people with that gift in the Church.
I can see that all these areas you mention need addressing but this non biblical term "cheap grace" is just name calling in my opinion.

Quote :It was the apostle Paul who was first accused of being a false apostle who teaches the cheap gospel of grace.
Yours Staff

2013/3/24 11:40Profile
passerby

Re:

Sorry, you got it wrong, let me say it again, the apostle Paul was accused of the following allegations:

1. That he was a false apostle.
2. That he teaches the gospel of cheap grace.

Remember how much he suffered even from the hands of the judaizers.

2013/3/24 11:58Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy