SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Church hounded from hotel over its traditional beliefs

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Church hounded from hotel over its traditional beliefs

A church in Aberdeen was blocked from holding a Sunday service in a hotel function room because of the church’s beliefs about sex and marriage.
The Gilcomston Church has recently broken away from the Church of Scotland in opposition to the ordination of gay clergy.

They had booked a function room at the Copthorne Hotel in Aberdeen to hold their first Sunday service as an independent church on 10 March.

Threats
But hotel management broke off the agreement after it received complaints and threats because of the church’s beliefs.

Revd Dominic Smart said the hotel had to make a commercial decision, but he criticised opponents for putting the hotel under pressure.

Revd Smart said: “We were just going to have a church service. So much for the tolerant society. It made us feel hounded.”

Agreement
The Gilcomston Church has now come to an amicable agreement to lease its old church building, so it no longer needs to hire a hotel function room.

Revd Smart resigned from the Kirk in February because of the Church of Scotland’s approval of the appointment of an openly homosexual minister to Queen’s Cross Church in Aberdeen in 2009.

But Aberdeen Presbytery have allowed Gilcomston Church back into their premises on Union Street until they can find a permanent venue.

http://www.christian.org.uk/news/church-hounded-from-hotel-over-its-traditional-beliefs/

2013/3/20 9:22Profile

Re: Church hounded from hotel over its traditional beliefs

I can see tbis happening in America. Hence the need for the gospel fellowships Greg is speaking of.

Bearmaster..

2013/3/20 10:07
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

I disagree with Greg's view that what we should look to house churches.

Now don't get me wrong I don't attend church at the moment and haven't been at the church for over 10 years my only real contact with Christians is on here although I did go to the sermonindex conference in Scotland...

I believe that there is a move of God coming it won't start in the traditional churches and it won't start in a house church either.

The move of God will bring about a new movement and it won't be hidden away, it will be out front confronting the powers darkness in this generation.

2013/3/20 15:56Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Colin,

Scripture teaches us that we should not forsake the assembling of the saints. Hebrews 10:25. How to reconcile this with your absence of meeting with the saints?

Just wondering...

2013/3/21 10:29Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Ginny

Quote by Oswald Chambers: Surrender is not the surrender of the external life, but of the will; when that is done, all is done. There are very few crises in life; the great crisis is the surrender of the will. God never crushes a man's will into surrender, He never beseeches him, He waits until the man yields up his will to Him. That battle never needs to be re-fought.

I really believe that if I continued attending the church I would have never got to the place where I am at today. Outside of the church God has led me to a place where he has required me to surrender all to him.

2013/3/22 8:13Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings

I think some of the issue is that we think "church" equals building instead of "Church" equals body and JESUS alone is the HEAD. Just something I have been seeing. I long to meet with my brothers and sisters who are the body, the Church. I long to hear and see the things HE is doing in their lives and grown in HIM daily...

God bless
mj

Edit: I realize my post is off the topic from the original post but just felt led to share what I did.

2013/3/22 9:06Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: I realize my post is off the topic from the original post but just felt led to share what I did.

It was a good point though, here is a edited response.

I really believe that if I continued attending the church which meets in a church building I would have never got to the place where I am at today. Outside of the church that meets in a church building God has led me to a place where he has required me to surrender all to him.

2013/3/22 10:41Profile
egrow

Dayton, Texas

Re:

Since churches are dens of evil, I believe you are correct!
Find out that God is against churches, because He is against Satan and that's who the religions of Christianity follow weather they know it or NOT. The God of this world is Satan and it is he that runs everything in it! If those who call themselves study the bible they would SEE the Truth about buildings made with mens hands, which God will NOT enter into.
The great awakening is coming very soon and those who desire to take part must come to know the Word of God and NOT what is preached to them.

Rev. 21:7 "He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son."

2013/3/22 14:44Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Ginny or anyone who cares...

I went along to the Methodist church as I saw a meeting called Aberdeen's Spiritual Heritage and the topic was Oswald Chambers who was born in Aberdeen. This is because I am interested in Holiness and Oswald was a holiness preacher.

Well as I go in the first thing I noticed or should say jumped out at me was the notice of the ecumenical meeting. Anyway I find a seat and listen to the man speak about Oswald Chambers.

After it I mingle with the crowd and eventually speak to the minster of the Methodist church who was obviously gay so off I go back to my house to confirm what I saw with my eyes only to find out that the other minister that was there from the episcopal church allows muslim into his church 5 times a day to pray.

I left the church because I was angry at the way people was treated, now I am so sad at what I see going on. The church is like a boat that was tied to the quayside (Christ) and the ropes have been cut and the boat just gets further and further away from the quayside (Christ) and they don't even know it..

God has moved on he is not there as they no longer represent God..

God will raise up a new House...

2013/3/25 0:33Profile

Re:

Collin indeed a new move is coming. Or should I say the remnant is moving out. There will be a remnant empowered by the Spirit who will be using new wine skins of fellowship. These new wine skins will iinclude among other things house fellowshps.

My thoughts.

Bearmaster

2013/3/25 8:27

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy