SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Love....

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

Love....

“Most of your work will be burned up not necessarily because you did the wrong things—but because the spirit that you were of was so loveless that He couldn’t confirm it. God is Love, and it wasn’t Him.”

“Your whole identity has got to be in the love of God and his home in you—and therefore you will love others as the foundation of your existence and identity.”

7/13/2004

Very good reminders or us all as we deal with one another and those around us. I was thinking today that loving the way JESUS does means risk...I pray I will have the courage to take risks today :)

God bless
maryjane

2013/3/15 13:52Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re: Love....

I made a post about 'love is my religion' and your post reminds me of it. If one loves outside of the context of God will those works be burned away?

2013/3/15 19:03Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by DEADn on 2013/3/15 13:03:18

I made a post about 'love is my religion' and your post reminds me of it. If one loves outside of the context of God will those works be burned away?

Greetings

It is my understanding that anything we do outside of GOD will would be burned away yes. Anything that is not of HIM will be like hay and stumbled and tossed into the fire.

God bless
maryjane

2013/3/15 19:40Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Do you think that even if someone were to love but not necessarily do it in the name of God, those works would be burned?

2013/3/15 21:17Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by DEADn on 2013/3/15 15:17:13

Do you think that even if someone were to love but not necessarily do it in the name of God, those works would be burned?

Yes I do believe that. Anything we do even loving another, even in loving a spouse if we do it outside of GODS plan and HIS will then the motivation is self and that sin will be burned up. Its tells us in the WORD that there is nothing good in any of us apart from CHRIST JESUS. Even my love for my children must be centered on CHRIST, anything else would come from selfish motives and be burned up. In all things GOD must come first and I think this especially applies to loving other...this is my understanding :)

God bless
mj

2013/3/15 21:30Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy