SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Warren’s Ecumenical Call to Fast, Pray for Cardinals Seeking New Pope Called ‘Real Tragedy’

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
MaryJane

Re:

Frank wrote: I suggest that you read "The Pilgrim church," and anyone else who would like to trace the Body of Christ from the Apostles on down. Also Foxes book of Martyrs will give you a good record of witnesses from every century.

Greetings Frank

I checked out the book, "the Pilgrim Church" and bought it. Am finding it very interesting, I told my husband I did not realize how soon the teachings of the apostles were departed from after they were martyred. I really appreciate you sharing this with us.

After I finish this one I am going to pick up the other book you mentioned. I know the more I learn and understanding church history the better I will be able to share with my mom.

God bless
maryjane

2013/3/17 9:33Profile

Re:

Brother Andrew, a couple of things and then I suggest we let it go or agree to disagree. First, I am not nor ever claimed to be a prophet. I took the name appolus just a few years after I came to the Lord and I took it because he needed to be taught more perfectly. So it seems that assumptions are dangerous and you have assumed in-correctly. Secondly brother, the people who barely know the basics are Catholics. The vast majority of Catholics have no clue as to the doctrines of their own church or to Scripture, so when they hear another affirm that they are a true church, they do not have the benefit of knowledge to discern what is truly meant by that. You have stated many times that you believe that the Roman church is a true church, yes brother, and to that I disagree and I have asked that we agree to disagree. You have your opinion and I have mine now let those who read these posts determine in their own minds and hearts what is truth. I am sure you can agree to that? This is not about you and I as I am sure you will agree, I get the sense that somehow you have taken something personally, and I may be wrong in that, please correct me if I am wrong, but there is nothing personal in this for me............. bro Frank

2013/3/17 11:17

Re:

Hi MJ , I believe that you will be deeply blessed by reading the Pilgrim Church and Foxes book of Martyrs............bro Frank

2013/3/17 11:20
Elibeth

Re:

I am thinking,...caution as I read this thread.
We know,there is coming a day that there will be great deceivers..."in the last days".
That they will deceive "the very elect,if that were possible"
Note: I am not saying that this man is the one that will be the deceiver....I
Do not know.

I am saying that we MUST be rooted and grounded in THE TRUTH,...I do believe,or,we too will go along and be deceived.

And please, I beg you,...neighter am I saying anyone here is not rooted or grounded in truth,...that is something we each have to work-out / determine
within our on self.

And too, I was thinking,...isn't in the mark-of-the -beast times, this man is
to be well looked up to ,the first 3 and one half years and then show his true colors for the last 3 and one half yrs ?

Please do take this as a caution ONLY.

just sharing thoughts,
elizabeth

2013/3/17 13:32Profile

Re:

Elibeth may your gentle words of admonition be taken to heart.

Bear.

2013/3/17 13:53

Re: Warren’s Ecumenical Call to Fast, Pray for Cardinals Seeking New Pope Called ‘Rea

Quote:
Brother Andrew, a couple of things and then I suggest we let it go or agree to disagree. First, I am not nor ever claimed to be a prophet. I took the name appolus just a few years after I came to the Lord and I took it because he needed to be taught more perfectly. So it seems that assumptions are dangerous and you have assumed in-correctly. Secondly brother, the people who barely know the basics are Catholics. The vast majority of Catholics have no clue as to the doctrines of their own church or to Scripture, so when they hear another affirm that they are a true church, they do not have the benefit of knowledge to discern what is truly meant by that. You have stated many times that you believe that the Roman church is a true church, yes brother, and to that I disagree and I have asked that we agree to disagree. You have your opinion and I have mine now let those who read these posts determine in their own minds and hearts what is truth. I am sure you can agree to that? This is not about you and I as I am sure you will agree, I get the sense that somehow you have taken something personally, and I may be wrong in that, please correct me if I am wrong, but there is nothing personal in this for me............. bro Frank

Well Frank no one can argue with a clear statement concerning God’ calling in life and our rewards hereafter, so far as how our spirit is directed by Christ; servant, teacher, prophet or king. We wont all become kings, though no doubt as David Wilkerson once shared the limitation is not with God Himself. Were are not yet all servants either, though by now we ought to be. Neither are we all teachers, nor less still are all prophets. When I read the scriptures I read that Apollos was mighty in the scriptures and an eloquent man, and that he was accurately presenting the things of Jesus. And as you say he was instructed concerning something he did not yet understand and presumably therefore didn’t try to teach it before hand. Perhaps that is why he was said to have been “speaking and teaching accurately the things concerning Jesus, being acquainted only with the baptism of John” and he began to speak out boldly in the synagogue. The thing which he needed, was not correction, but greater knowledge. The thing he spoke about was not inaccurate, but true. You have shared that there is nothing personal in this for you. I accept that, if this means there is nothing personal against myself. But touching this business about Rome and the end of the age, apostasy, persecution and in finality Israel, at least that of Rome is personal to you.

This is my chief difficulty, not that of whether you are a prophet or not. You have never claimed to be and in fact I have never sensed anything which hinted that you really thought you were a prophet. I have however, seen at least one other, state to you plainly that you have no prophetic authority. This has stuck in my mind since I first read it. But as you say you haven’t claimed to be a prophet. I feel sure that if that brother reads this he will know and he can explain himself if it seems right to do so. This is not personal, nor contentious. Your concern about Rome is entirely based on a personal Catholic upbringing contrasted with a new life in Christ. The detail is taken from listening to others and studying what others have said. Nothing wrong with that. It is sound and reasonable. For myself however, Rome is at the very heart of my concern. My part in Rome was that of a child and it was not Rome, but one of her daughters, the Anglican Church (English Catholic) or the High Church of England. I never did believe in all the rubbish, not even as a child, I always thought about the Father, The Lord Jesus and even the Holy Spirit. No one ever tried to deceive me I was just a little child between the ages of four and ten years. After that I was taken away from it. When I was saved some fourteen years later the Father in heaven brought me back to the very heart of it in an understanding which only a former occultist could reasonably be able to comprehend without having to read a library of books. This has as much to do with all the churches than it has to do with Rome directly even in its darkest hour.

Further more what is coming on North America is distinct to what is coming upon those nations which form the para Mediterranean countries, from north Africa to central and southern Europe, the Balkans, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Syria, Libya, and finally Israel.

In contrast everything which forms the focus of a few on SermonIndex Forum has to do most intimately with North America. Perceptions about apostasy and in contrast a remnant church set apart, are beneficial to everyone because it concerns everyone. Just as a call to personal sanctification is for everyone. But Rome and what it means in this last day has more to do with Europe and the countries I have listed, than with North America. You are aware of this distinction yourself because you have shared just in the last few days what the characteristic of persecution may be in North America, being that of the apostate evangelical traditions, rather than Rome. The only thing which I could possibly contribute to this site has to do with those churches which are on the very leading edge of apostasy in our day. This has been a real revelation to me in just reading the posts on this site, but the churches which have done most in the last thirty years to serve Rome’ purposes have come out of the pentecostal and charismatic churches of the USA. In this agreement the churches in England have spoon fed a more ancient tradition of apostasy, and re-introduced a form of Catholicism back into the USA in particular of which IHOP is just a shadow. The best expression of this can be understood in the mendicant perception of the christian life. Hail Francis Bishop of Rome to draw the crowds.

This has been outworked by secular as well as spiritual false prophets by increasing effect, both on themselves and those who follow them, being more in agreement with the Jezebelic ambitions manifest in the church in Rome than it is possible to imagine. Not dogmas and traditions, though they inevitably have their part, but the profound and original intention of Satan to reign over men as Christ through another christ. None of this could be simply discerned or made sense of, without an intimate a dreadful understanding of deception and the occult. And this is to say nothing of Israel.

I agree that we can let this fall to the ground. I also realise that this is a discussion forum and not a platform for personal ministries and even less agendas. But seeing that I don’t have a ministry and am able to judge myself regarding the honesty of promoting an agenda, I am able to let everything go if needs be. If you sense that I have taken something personal then it is not because I am offended, rather because I have been very direct. Beyond that I am grateful for this site and yourself as well in helping me to work out my own calling more fully and wouldn’t want to contradict the stated intention of the ministry which is SermonIndex. No doubt this is the Lord’ doing without which I could easily become unbalanced and fail to take account of other peoples own reasons for sharing the things which they do share. What will never be true however, is that profound realities will ever be a matter of opinion.

2013/3/17 14:50
proudpapa

Re:

appolus wrote ///Hi MJ , I believe that you will be deeply blessed by reading the Pilgrim Church and Foxes book of Martyrs............bro Frank///

I second appolus recommendations and would also recommend the Martyrs' Mirror or The Bloody Theater, by Thieleman J. van Braght. it is online at
http://homecomers.org/mirror/

2013/3/17 15:29Profile

Re:

Brother Andrew writes........

"Your concern about Rome is entirely based on a personal Catholic upbringing contrasted with a new life in Christ. The detail is taken from listening to others and studying what others have said. Nothing wrong with that. It is sound and reasonable."

Brother Andrew, that is not correct, my concerns about Rome are, as you said above, but also Holy Spirit leading and 20 years of study. Now, I am going to be honest, I am not really sure what your last post was saying, perhaps others do but I am just being honest. Church history has been a major part of my study and I am aware of the Catholic church's influence here in the States and abroad. I am also aware of the history of the Catholic church in England and how that changed in Henry 111V period (starting with his father) and his chidren's, which obviously ties into Scottish history with James sixth or James the 1st of England. What I know is this Andrew, you are a good brother in Christ and you say that you have not taken this personally and I stand corrected on that for I sensed that you had, and so I apologize for saying you had. It's not the first disagreement on SI and it certainly wont be the last :) yet, it is how we handle disagreements that is more telling about us. Ultimately good brothers in Christ may have to agree to disagree and that is fine. God bless you brother and I am sure many folks have learned something from this thread............. bro Frank

2013/3/17 17:02

Re:

"I am thinking,...caution as I read this thread.
We know,there is coming a day that there will be great deceivers..."in the last days".
That they will deceive "the very elect,if that were possible"
Note: I am not saying that this man is the one that will be the deceiver....I Do not know. I am saying that we MUST be rooted and grounded in THE TRUTH,...I do believe,or,we too will go along and be deceived. "

Amen sister............bro Frank

2013/3/17 17:04

Re: Discouragement All

Quote:
I am not really sure what your last post was saying..... apollos

More than twenty four hours have passed. The pot was cast down to the ground and this is the measure of what is left to salvage.

When the day is so far gone and the radiance of the Sun is more red than at the twelfth hour it is easy to forget that the night is nearly upon us. To know that many have fallen away and that the harlot is still in her house, is more pressing in the twilight, in the evening of the day and in the darkness than in the morning light, when she sleeps. It is in the darkness that she waits for the young man to come. Then in the darkness of the night she waits on every corner and in every gate, and as soon as she sees him, she will kiss him and he will be taken.

Quote:
This following passage of Scripture could be applied to this hour with as equal a measure of truth as it was true in the days of the prophet who wrote it. It concerns harlotry, a lack of wisdom and the folly of youthful ignorance. It speaks symbolically of a people of God foolishly going astray and the cost of declining wisdom and understanding.

Posted on 16/03/2013 02:43 hrs

And he went the way to her house, In the twilight, in the evening of the day, In the middle of the night and in the darkness. And, behold, there met him a woman With the attire of a harlot, and wily of heart. She is clamorous and wilful; Her feet abide not in her house: Now she is in the streets, now in the broad places, And lieth in wait at every corner. So she caught him, and kissed him, And with an impudent face she said unto him: Sacrifices of peace-offerings are with me; This day have I paid my vows. Therefore came I forth to meet thee, Diligently to seek thy face, and I have found thee. Proverbs

Posted on 16/03/2013 02:43

Quote:
Why then do I say that the Roman Church is a true church? The answer is simply because unlike all other heretical cults, Rome, [despite her false doctrines and blasphemies], has that which is central and necessary for a man or woman to believe in and to know the truth concerning Christ.

Posted 14/03/2013 02:42 hrs

In another place......

None of this is to discourage or judge but to say that we need to find God' answer to this day and not labour under the leadings of those brethren who were faithful in their day. They were taken from us suddenly and like the wind we did not comprehend its coming neither did we comprehend that which ws taken. Seeking to understand these things in a day of loss, will not make reasonable or effective the answer for this hour. There are precious truths woven into the garment which is being worn as a garment of praise by very many who sins are a stain and a blot. When [such] brethren see gold threads they believe they have comprehended the whole garment. They look in the mirror of their own imaginations and conceive of their appearance and remember the gold threads which then serve to persuade them that the whole garment is a robe of righteousness. In this they do not acknowledge or confess that its course interior irritates their bodies and sets there teeth on edge. They continuously fall in sin, then the wicked one by the hand of the elect reaches out and gives an inner garment which protects against irritation and in secrecy of its adornment proves more deceptive than even the outer garment which can easily be comprehended to the one who looks straight at it and will not wear it.

Posted on 27/02/2013 06:30 hrs in another thread

The only thing which I could possibly contribute to this site has to do with those churches which are on the very leading edge of apostasy in our day. This has been a real revelation to me in just reading the posts on this site, but the churches which have done most in the last thirty years to serve Rome’ purposes have come out of the pentecostal and charismatic churches of the USA

Posted on 17/03/2013 16:50 hrs

Hail Francis Bishop of Rome to draw the crowds.

This has been outworked by secular as well as spiritual false prophets by increasing effect, both on themselves and those who follow them, being more in agreement with the Jezebelic ambitions manifest in the church in Rome than it is possible to imagine. Not dogmas and traditions, though they inevitably have their part, but the profound and original intention of Satan to reign over men as Christ through another christ. None of this could be simply discerned or made sense of, without an intimate and dreadful understanding of deception of the occult. And this is to say nothing of Israel.

Posted on 17/03/2013 16:50 hrs

In another place.....

Quote:
The day of the fullness of apostasy will come. It is written and it cannot be spoken against as though to set it aside. Just as in the day of Jeremiah, the trumpet call is to repentance, but it is not a cry unto a good effect, but a final sober presentation of the condition of the people of God. In the end the trumpet is set a side and the cry becomes "captivity for the people of God". This hour is almost upon us and we would be better prepared to comprehend the need which the Father has set before us to go into captivity without grumbling or seeking to flee to another place. If God has made us a separate people then it ought to be understood by our manner and conduct, by speech and by service. Otherwise we are simply deluding ourselves with doctrines and have no true mind to suffer at all. What man seeing his brother being taken into captivity and comprehending that he is the stronger and more able, will not flee after him and demand to be taken also, that he might serve his brother? The most diabolic failure of this day in which we live is a complete failure to know who is our true brother in Christ, and many who have believed, are being pressed into pride and spiritual delusions which go beyond what was necessary for their deliverance.

Posted on 27/02/2013 06:30 hrs in another thread.

Rome is just the mother, the whole field is filled with her children as well. There are wheat and tears. They all concern God.

Quote:
We ought not to confuse an ability to challenge doctrines with true discernment. They are not the same thing at all. If that is all we have we will be no better than our weaker brethren who have been drawn in. Neither despise the grace of God which is given because it is undeserved and no man is worthy of the shed blood of Christ. If our weaker brother has fallen then let us ask God how to raise him up and not to expose him to the evil one, but rather how to expose him to Christ Himself, by learning how to preach Christ ourselves. By that means alone will deliverance come and a harvest be brought unto God, regardless of the age. Those who take the name of Christ, yet have not truly believed and repented, are standing in the same ground as are those who have truly believed and repented. They are drawing on the same nutrient of life. They are in all things outward even as we are, yet they are either perishing or else have fallen away. If the whole harvest hears the word of God which is effectual in this day as it was in every day of the apostles even until this very hour, they are the more positioned to comprehend what it is that they have not understood and will by God' grace repent themselves. Then they too will bear fruit according to the measure of God.

Posted on 27/02/2013 06:30 hrs in another thread.

I believe this sums up the substance of what is being said, without any reference to Rome, yet it includes Rome and every apostate church be it a tiny fellowship hidden in the outer parts or a harlot sitting astride a beast of destruction in full visibility.

It would appear that the pieces are become the full pot! I am not looking for your agreement brother. When men begin to agree with me I usually depart.

2013/3/19 1:04

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy