SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Warren’s Ecumenical Call to Fast, Pray for Cardinals Seeking New Pope Called ‘Real Tragedy’

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
staff

Re:

hi All,
The thread was about Cardinals and Catholics thats why Protestants were not mentioned.Frank was commenting because like me is an ex Catholic and did mention that the Catholic Church would only be part of of the Coming great Whore.
I think the difficulty will be when the whore walks like a duck talks like a duck but will not be a duck!It will be difficult because we rely on our own judgement,every one is doing what is right in our own eyes.
Yours Staff

2013/3/14 20:05Profile
davidc

France

Re:

Andrew says that the Roman church is a true church. He does not say it is The true church.

The true church is the body of Christ, bought with His precious blood.

"A true church" is speaking in the context of "the churches", and, in these last days, specifically the churches of Revelation chaps 2 and 3.

The Roman church is propheticlly seen as Thyatira; The protestant church, as Sardis; Philadelphia, as the true church, which in heart we should aspire to; and Laodicea as the final state of apostacy.

All 4 of these churches go on to the end, as they all contain references to His coming.

All 4 have a reference to a small remnant, a few who are faithful.

I pray we may be found in Philadelphia. Come Lord Jesus.

David

2013/3/15 7:27Profile

Re: Warren’s Ecumenical Call to Fast, Pray for Cardinals Seeking New Pope Called ‘Rea

Quote:
Andrew says that the Roman church is a true church. He does not say it is The true church.

The true church is the body of Christ, bought with His precious blood.

]"A true church" is speaking in the context of "the churches", and, in these last days, specifically the churches of Revelation chaps 2 and 3.

The Roman church is propheticlly seen as Thyatira; The protestant church, as Sardis; Philadelphia, as the true church, which in heart we should aspire to; and Laodicea as the final state of apostacy.

All 4 of these churches go on to the end, as they all contain references to His coming.

All 4 have a reference to a small remnant, a few who are faithful.

I pray we may be found in Philadelphia. Come Lord Jesus.

David

Thank you brother for your clarification. It is always better to come from someone led of the Spirit. What you have shared here is in simplicity the fullness of the reality of the day we live in. May Christ indeed find us in philadelphia (the church of brotherly love) when He returns.

2013/3/15 7:42

Re:

Hi David, lets suppose that the Roman church is prophetically Thyatira. She was given time to repent and she did not. She was given over to her own wickedness and only a small remnant would be saved out of her, ie myself and the many millions Of Catholics ( a small number considering she represents a sixth of the world) and they came out of her. So, at the very best, she was a true church, not is a true church( one spoken in the past tense, the other in the present tense) To say that she " is," a true church gives false comfort to millions who may be wrestling with the truth and wanting to break free from a cultish system that teaches, on pain of eternal damnation, that to leave the " one true church," is to go to hell..........bro Frank

2013/3/15 10:00

Andrew

Quote:
Thank you brother for your clarification. It is always better to come from someone led of the Spirit.

that is not right, nor right minded of you, because there is an IMPLICIT barb within that "encouragement".

i'm disappointed in you, but then again, you and i have never really made a 'connection' vis-a-vis this forum...and thats alright. Such should come naturally and organically, and if its not there, thats God's will.

But again, that implicit barb hurled is not right, and i think upon further self examination, you will see that, and if you've been given a spirit of humility, will repent of such.

in Jesus' love, neil

2013/3/15 10:08
proudpapa

Re: Michael Sattlers (c.1490 – 20 May 1527) view of the scribes and papists

Michael Sattlers view of the scribes and papists

The scribes where what the Anabaptist called the reformers.

Michael Sattler (?), "On the Satisfaction of Christ," Legacy,116-118 as in Anabaptist in Outline by walter klaassen herald press 1981 p 318-319

They say much about faith and yet know neither what Christ nor faith is. They reject works without faith in order to raise up faith without works. They would like to obey God with the soul and not also with the body, so that they might be without persecution. They believe that faith is a lazy empty fiction, whereby they are also able to say that infants have faith, even though no works of faith can be discerned in them, even when they grow up. It would seem that the works of faith and the Holy Spirit were to curse when they hardly know how to speak, etc. Oh, the miserable blindness! Although they write all of this not because they do not know better, but in order that they provide for their belly and maintain their honour. Thus one sees here so clearly how the beast, with seven heads and ten horns, recuperates from its mortal wound; according to which the Roman school or curia,from which the Bread-Lord-God and infant baptism originaly come,are again defended as truths by the scribes. To say nothing of many other things wherein the scribes again flatter the papists and set them up again as Christians. But that is how the second beast with the ten horns, namely the bands of the scribes, had to do, so that the earth and the men who live on it would again worship the first beast; they had to reestablish the popish oil idols, that is the clergy; they had to throw downfire from heaven to banish and curse everyone who does not adhere to them, just as John predected it all. And this is precisely what he also saw, Rev. 17, how the ten horns on the beast would hate the harlot, and would leave her desolate and naked, would devour her flesh and burn her with fire, after God put it in their hearts. The kingdom was to be given to the beast untill the Word of God was all accomplished. Yea, that said ten horns, which are like ten kings, would take over the kingdom one hour after the beast, would come to an agreement to give power to the beast, would wage war with the Lamb and the Lamb would overcome them. That is how in the last days from all the high schools, awakened by the scribes were to arise and to attack the great zeal the Roman Church, the congregation of the work-saints, seize everything, and consume all the gold ,silver,and other goods which she had brought together,condemn her as heretical, but soon after they would again take the side of the beast, that is the Roman School, and defended it, and again cast away the kingdom of God which previously had come to them. Yea,these would then defend the beast against the Word of God and those who adhere to it, nad would violently strive against the Lamb (i.e.,Christ). Nevertheless the Lamb, Lord of all lords, King of all kings, would overcome them, together with the papist, the abomination of desolation of which Dan. 9, Paul in 2 Thess. 2; Peter in 2 pet. 2, and Christ in Mt. 24; Mk. 13; Lk17, clearly spoke, which now sits in the place of the saints, lets itself be worshiped as either gospel or Christendom since the work-saints say, Behold, here is Christ!" The scribes call, "Behold, here is Christ!" and therefore blessed is he who goes out from said Babylon...

2013/3/15 10:44Profile
davidc

France

Re:

Beloved Appolus, you write

"Hi David, lets suppose that the Roman church is prophetically Thyatira. She was given time to repent and she did not. She was given over to her own wickedness and only a small remnant would be saved out of her, ie myself and the many millions Of Catholics ( a small number considering she represents a sixth of the world) and they came out of her. So, at the very best, she was a true church, not is a true church( one spoken in the past tense, the other in the present tense) To say that she " is," a true church gives false comfort to millions who may be wrestling with the truth and wanting to break free from a cultish system that teaches, on pain of eternal damnation, that to leave the " one true church," is to go to hell..........bro Frank"

The scripture does not say that Thyatia was given time to repent and she did not.

Rather,the church permitted "that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.Rev 2:21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not".Rev 2 V20&21

Then,from verse 24, Jesus is addressing "the rest who ARE in Thyatira, as many as HAVE not this doctrine" (all present tense). To them He says "Hold fast UNTIL I COME" They are still seen as part of the church in Thyatira. . They are exhorted to overcome and keep His works UNTIL THE END. They are not told to come out of her until the time that Jezebel becomes the whore Babylon.

David

2013/3/15 10:54Profile

Re:

Hi David, I never accepted your theory that the church in Thyatira was the Catholic church. The Catholic church does not teach this and in fact, of course, the name itself teaches that she belives herself to be the Body of Christ and not some local church in any city. I only said " lets suppose." Then I took the hindsight of history to show that the Catholic church did not nor ever has repented of her wickedness. To this day she would deny completly that she is or ever was wicked as an institution, at her fundamental core. All teachings remain, and of course must remain as infallibility of the pope in faith and morals remains a core doctrine. Lets remember brother that Thyatira was not a church but a place, merley described as the church "in," Thyatira and those people "in," Thyatira. Scriptures never instituted the abomination of denomination, and we should not attempt to intoduce it to Scripture. God bless you brother. I know that you live in a Catholic country which even resisted the reformation, so is as Catholic as any country could be. And so to those living in France who "have not the doctrine" of this wicked church, hold fast until He comes for He is coming soon. Overcome and keep doing His works and not the works of those who hold to another doctrine.

David, it seems abundantly clear that those who " have not the doctrine," speaks to those who do not hold to another doctrine. You cannot remain within the Catholic faith and hold to another doctrine other than theirs. As simple as this seems, it seems to be lost on so many .............bro Frank

2013/3/15 12:26

Re:

Quote:
that is not right, nor right minded of you, because there is an IMPLICIT barb within that "encouragement".

i'm disappointed in you, but then again, you and i have never really made a 'connection' vis-a-vis this forum...and thats alright. Such should come naturally and organically, and if its not there, thats God's will.

But again, that implicit barb hurled is not right, and i think upon further self examination, you will see that, and if you've been given a spirit of humility, will repent of such.

in Jesus' love, neil

Hi Niel

I have to tell you brother that you have this completely wrong. What I wrote here to David was a straight matter of fact. I myself was intending to make the almost exact post last night to try and explain what I was driving at when I speak of "a church" as distinct from "the church". I made the point to apollos regarding not knowing the true meaning of "the body of Christ" and "a church". This was it and not some other. I even thought to explain the very point about Thyatira, Philadelphia but felt restrained in some way, perhaps concern that I would be pushing the whole agenda regarding this business of Roman Catholicism, Apostasy and the end of the age. It is God' calling in my life, I have nothing else which concerns me and I have some very singular revelations and leading on the matter. I have had from the very first day I believed and remain in that mind to this very hour. Nothing in this encouragement to David was directed at anyone. I promise you brother Niel you are often in my mind. I sense a clear love for you, though I can see you, unlike your being unable to see me. You understand this of course. Given the post by David, which I read this morning I thanked the Lord before I thanked David. This does not make what David has shared right or wrong it just means that it represents the same mind of understanding. The Lord bless you Niel and give you peace.

2013/3/15 13:02

Re:

Hi David, what I wanted to say and neglected to say was the love that I sensed in your opening post to me , you wrote " Beloved Appolus." I loved that, and I could sense your love in that simple phrase. And so I say back to you " my beloved friend," may the Lord always lead and guide us ..........bro Frank

2013/3/15 13:35

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy