Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Who Becomes Pope

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
mama27

Who Becomes Pope

I feel sort of silly asking this question, but I have been watching the news in terms of what to pray for/about.....do we as Believers care who becomes Pope? Does it matter? Do we want leaders in high places to direct a higher morality, or is that a moot point when the issue is eternity and salvation....I am just wrestling with all this and thought I'd throw it out there.....

2013/3/12 13:56Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: Who Becomes Pope

I am not trying to be funny when I say this, but I guess that all depends on your eschatological perspective.

Some believe that the antichrist kingdom will be linked to the Papal religious system. In this case, we would watch with great interest as a new Pope could be the man through whom this alliance is made.

Others don't see it that way.

I think it is something to watch with interest, but in my opinion this is one of those times when God will bring about His purposes in the earth that lead to Christ's return. I am not sure that outward morality is much of an issue here.

2013/3/12 20:31Profile

Re:

Franciscus prophetam in nomine dimidium temporis. Frater Solis et sorori Luna, cum omnibus creatures sicut unum coram Deo. Sed hoc nomen spiritus novissima hora est. Clamabit "Pax Pax". Erit pacis. Erit magnus sanguinem et caedes inritent. Est Pax Romanum. Eam est spiritus Asissi. Finis autem diebus venit. Cito, erit Petrus Romanum.

For an understanding as to why the man now to be ordained as Pope, who will be called “Holy Father”, has chosen Francis for his ordination name please watch the following short video clip by a Franciscan speaking from Assisi in Italy in 2011. The new Pontiff is a staunch supporter of liberation theology. He is a Jesuit intellectual. He is the first Jesuit to become Pope and the first Latin American to become Pope. He is the 266th Pope and is of direct Italian parentage. He has already emphasised his primacy and positional doctrine as Bishop of Rome. His “acceptance” prayer added to the Lord’ prayer and included prayers to Mary the Lord’ mother, and prayers for both the living and the dead. He inherits the work of John Paul II more fully than Cardinal Ratzinger, who theologically opposed the “spirit of Assisi”. Cardinal Ratzinger resigned, Pope Francis comes in.

The “spirit of Assisi”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeZZ6EaLH9g

http://ncronline.org/blogs/all-things-catholic/assisi-inter-religious-assembly-marks-20th-anniversary

First words of the new bishop of Rome

http://live.reuters.com/Event/Papal_conclave_2/67146077

2013/3/13 20:35
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Brother, for those of us who have not studied Latin, please translate the first paragraph. I am able to translate a little bit of it, but most of it is beyond my knowledge.

2013/3/13 21:25Profile
romanchog

Re:

amrkelley said: The new Pontiff is a staunch supporter of liberation theology.//

Actually the new Pope : "A doctrinal conservative, Francis has opposed liberation theology, abortion, gay marriage and the ordination of women, standing with his predecessor in holding largely traditional views."

"Also, he is a very simple man, who does not live in the affluence that usually accompanies the position of Cardinal. Francis is known as a humble man who spoke out for the poor and led an austere life in Buenos Aires. He lived very simply, in an apartment Buenos Aires, and sold the archdiocese’s mansion. He cooks for himself and took great pride in telling us that, and that he took the bus to work rather than riding in a car."

Let us pray that this Pope can lead the Catholic Church back to Christ and that he remains humble and is open to the work of the Holy Spirit.

2013/3/13 21:37Profile

Re:

Quote:
Francis has opposed liberation theology, abortion, gay marriage and the ordination of women, standing with his predecessor in holding largely traditional views." romanchog

Yes sister you are quiet right. This Pope has opposed liberation theology as you say. My comment was mistyped though I cant think why I missed it. I was quoting what is becoming available due to his election. As to the rest of his personal history in the immediate context of his election and choosing the name Francis you are also correct in the detail, though whether this man proves to be as truly humble as you imagine him to be will prove to be a mute point. Further, as to whether a man who takes the name of Almighty God can truly lead anyone to a true knowledge of God is less of a mute point and more of a certainty. He cannot and will not. His very words are already blasphemous of themselves. The fact that he is a traditionalist as you term it, simply makes him more certain a heretic and falsifier of the true gospel of Christ. I am disinclined to mince words on this matter as to me it is not a simple matter of eschatology, which is mere words, but spiritual reality.

The translation from Latin to English is as follows:

For half a time it will be Francis the name of the prophet. Brother Sun and Sister moon, all creatures as one in the sight of God. This is the name of the spirit of the last hour. Cry “Peace Peace”. There shall be peace. It will be great bloodshed and murder. It is the peace of Rome. It is the “spirit of Assisi”. The end of days is coming, then it will be Peter the Roman.

In the video clip which I provided a link too I would just draw attention to two simple facts. A group of Jewish students crashed the semi circle of the 150 delegates of the "spirit of Assisi" and went about giving our palm fonds as emblems of peace. First to their Moslem brothers and then to the others. Consider that this semi-circle included the Pope, the Arch Bishop of Canterbury, the Dalai Lama among others. Then ask yourself whether this was all mere symbolism.

The second fact is rather less pleasant and spiritually less subtle. A number of the religions represented in Assisi actually undertook blood sacrifices of animals including chickens in full visibility and as part of the so-called togetherness and peace being represented in this madness which has taken on the name the "spirit of Assisi" as presented by John Paul II. I suppose it wont take too long to see just how quickly things will move in the direction of "peace" by a man who has cultivated his life on the Franciscan philosophy of poverty and equality.

2013/3/13 22:03

Re: Who Becomes Pope

Moot point mama. He is the head of an organisation that teaches that one must work their way to heaven, a cult by any other name...........bro Frank

2013/3/13 23:44
mama27

Re:

Appreciate all the comments, and I know all that you are saying. I just wondered before the announcement came, how it would play out for Believers whether there was a more "conservative" pope who would uphold more of the holiness standards which benefit society in general whether they are saved or not, vs. a more liberal pope who is going with the signs of the times. Exciting times to be living in as we watch God's unfolding plan...

2013/3/14 9:08Profile

Re:

Hi mama, I suppose if conservatism or good morals could save a mans soul then perhaps it would make a difference if a moral man ( in a worldly sense) was voted pope. But since it does not, then it only further veils the true nature of the Catholic church and makes the delusion all the stronger........bro Frank

2013/3/14 11:27
mama27

Re:

Bro Frank....

I get that totally.....and I understand the sovereignty of God in man's salvation.....what I am wondering is, (and I am not eloquent, so hope I am expressing myself in the way I intend to) as Christians do we WANT to live in Sodom and Gomorrah? For example, my 7 children were raised on Scripture, raised as set apart unto Him, had thousands of prayers prayed over them, memorized Scripture from when they were toddlers.....YET I see much of what I taught them to be eroded away as they rub shoulders with the culture. YES, it MUST be the Holy Spirit that indeed saves them, AND causes them to walk in holiness.....but the Church has so compromised that now there is not a big divide between what young people see as Christianity, and what is worldly....

I have a son who just started selling cell phones with AT&T....I have learned that AT&T is very much on promoting the gay lifestyle, gay rights, gay marriage etc. My children KNOW that God considers this an abomination, but there is a sense in which we become like the frog in the boiling water.

So what I am asking about even the Catholic church (or the Mormons, or Jehovah's Witnesses, or any cult) is, is it still better if the CULTURE embraces more of a Biblical morality, even though we KNOW that morality doesn't save a person. God is God....He will save who He will save....but is it possible that as the culture deteriorates more and more into perverse sin, more multitudes would be lost than if the culture as a whole was more pure....

In other words, would it be better for a Catholic Pope (albeit a cult)to embrace an anti-gay marriage stance, a pro-life stance, etc. than say an "evangelical" Rick Warren sort who may be saved, but embracing a very worldly Christianity.....

I hope my question is coming across....I always hesitate to post here b/c I usually get jumped on, and I don't have hours to search the Scriptures to defend myself. In fact I don't have a position to defend this time - I am only wrestling with these issues as I see several of my children greatly pulled into what appears to me to be very compromised Christianity....

2013/3/14 12:23Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy