Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Power of One Chuck Swindoll

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dohzman

The Power of One Chuck Swindoll

Can One Person Make a Difference?

Posted: 12 Mar 2013 03:00 AM PDT

Ecclesiastes 9:13–16

In our overpopulated, impersonal world, it is easy to underestimate the significance of one. With so many people, most of whom seem so much more capable, more gifted, more prosperous, more important than we, who are we to think our part amounts to much? I’m just one person, who cannot make much difference.

That’s the way most folks think. They really do!

Aren’t you glad Patrick Henry didn’t? And Henry Ford? And Martin Luther King, Jr.? And Walt Disney? And Martin Luther? And Winston Churchill? And Jackie Robinson? And Irving Berlin? And Abraham Lincoln? And Charles Wesley? And Dwight L. Moody? And Corrie ten Boom?

“But it’s a different world today,” you say. Back then, there was room for an individual to emerge and stand out in a crowd, but now, there’s no way!”

Wrong. God has always underscored individual involvement . . . still does.

How many did it take to help the victim who got mugged on the Jericho Road? One Good Samaritan.
How many were chosen by God to confront Pharaoh and lead the Exodus? One.
How many sheep got lost and became the object of concern to the shepherd? One.
ow many were needed to confront adulterous David and bring him to his knees in full repentance? One.
How many prophets were called to stand before wicked King Ahab and predict a drought? One.
How many did the Lord use to get the attention of the land of Israel and prepare the way for Messiah? One.
Never underestimate the power of one! And that one just may be you.

—Chuck

Chuck Swindoll

Just recently my personal theology made a change and than today I received this encouraging word from the pen of Chuck Swindoll. I don't know if anyone here grew up in the Lord with the mind set that if the Lord asked me to do something and I didn't, He would just get someone else to do it, that's what I believed, deep in my heart, never really expressed it though, always felt kind of insignificant and used that to justify in many cases inaction, which is sin.Recently the Lord convicted me of this inaction and spoke something to my heart. If I don't do what He's told me to do, it will not get done, there is no plan "B", no one else will pick up the slack. Now I'm praying for a listening ear and obedient heart that I may never again sit back and justify my inaction. I thought that there were many here who were in the same boat of inaction to what the Lord is asking of them to do. You maybe just one person but you are not alone. It's time to simply do. One person can and will make a difference.

2013/3/12 9:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy