SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Who We Are

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DRS

Who We Are

1Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

2Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

3And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.I John 3:1-3

From what I can find out the older manuscripts translated children of God in this context,but the point is that the world doesn't recognize us as children of God because we look just like the rest of the people.Even though we may tell them who we are and even try to live like who we are,they don't recognize us.

Why don't they see us for who we are?Because they didn't recognize Him for who He was.But that doesn't change the fact of who we are.We really don't recognize who we are by looking at these bodies we are in now because it hasn't been revealed to us just what our bodies as children of God consist of or will consist of.

They looked at Jesus and He had a body just like theirs and He told them who He was and He lived like who He was but they still couldn't and wouldn't recognize Him.The world just didn't see any need for Him and just as soon He not be there.

Well I believe they feel the same about us.So they got rid of Him or thought they did and I think the world would like to be rid of us.BUT in that upper room that night when the world thought they were rid of Him,He appeared to that hand full of followers in a body that revealed to them not only who He was but in a body like we as children of God will one day have.

No we weren't there to witness that scene but we have taken it by faith and we are blessed because we have believed even though we didn't see.One day when He is revealed we'll see Him as He is and we shall be like Him.

Just as sure as we bear the image of this earthly body now we shall bear the image of that heavenly body in the future.Our lowly body will be transformed into a glorious body like His.This is our hope and everything we believe and hope in and live for now hinges on that Sunday morning and that empty tomb and that Glorious Resurrected Body that appeared to that handful of people that night.

2013/3/11 11:52Profile
mackaymarsh

Good post and a couple of quotes:

Good post and a couple of quotes:

"...but in a body like we as children of God will one day have."

"One day when He is revealed we'll see Him as He is and we shall be like Him."

Amen!

Thanks,
Wayne

2013/3/11 13:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.