Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Let Us Be Cautious With Our Words

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
FireinmyBones1

Michigan

Let Us Be Cautious With Our Words

I would like to first off state, that I in know way support or condone the lavish, excessive lifestyle of preachers. Yet I would like to post a small warning to us all.
Yes indeed it appears as if Benny Hinn has misused finances and spent very lavishly. Yet if we were to compare the multi-million dollar lifestyle he lives to our own middle class lifestyles we might find that there is not much difference between the two of us. If Benny Hinns yearly income is in the millions and he spends alot of money he technically might not be being lavish if he has the money to spend. (not that I'm defending him) How about us middle classers on the other hand who make 40,000 + a year and have credit card debt up to our eye balls. Or perhaps we have college loans that drive us mad. Or perhaps our houses are filled with commodities that we do not really need but we must keep up with the Jones's and we spend and spend and spend. Before we criticize anyone let us ALWAYS FIRST look at our own hearts. God will judge all of us by what we have. If Benny Hinn has millions and spends millions he will be judged by that standard. If we make thousands that is how we will be judged. Do not be deceived on the day of judgement God will not look at Benny Hinn and measure you by him. You will be judged alone without God taking any lavish preacher into consideration. Whenever an expose' or any other incident like this crops up, we always take it as our que to get on our soapboxes and throw more stones. Let us instead take this as our que to search OUR hearts and see if there be any wrong way in us. As for me, I know I can say that in many ways I HAVE and AM a bad steward of what the Lord has given me. The measure I use to judge, is the same measure I will be judged with.
-Jeff

2005/3/10 9:50Profile
Compton

Re: Let Us Be Cautious With Our Words

"Before we criticize anyone let us ALWAYS FIRST look at our own hearts."

Trustworthy advice brother. Reminds me of something I heard somewhere before...

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"

Thanks!

MC

2005/3/10 10:09Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Let Us Be Cautious With Our Words

100% Agreement.

Quote:
Yes indeed it appears as if Benny Hinn has misused finances and spent very lavishly.

Just hope that we don't lose sight of where the source of this income is drawn from. The unsuspecting and mislead.

As well as the methods for gaining it.
Would hope that the issue is what is back of that in the first place.

2005/3/10 10:39Profile

Re:

My issue w/Hinn is not [b]only[/b] a financial one, but a doctrinal one. He is a heretic, a false teaching promoting a false gospel. The fact that he has gained riches because of his false gospel is the crux of the issue. I couldnt care less how he spends it... I have a problem with how he makes it, and how he mislead and lies in order to get it.

To just concentrate on the money he rakes in is missing the point. The money is the result of his heretical teachings. The source of the disease is what needs to be addressed.

As far as how he spends his millions, I agree with you that I must also look at my own spending habits and be sure I'm being a good steward before I critique his spending. On that point we agree.

Krispy

2005/3/10 10:53
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
My issue w/Hinn is not [b]only[/b] a financial one, but a doctrinal one. He is a heretic, a false teaching promoting a false gospel.

You know Krispy, I get the feeling that you really don't like him. Call me prophetic if you will, but I've just noticed that. :-P

2005/3/10 11:01Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I'll let God deal with Benny and all the other Benny's he doesn't have any patent on that type of ministry, In the meantime I will be trying to get that plank out of my own eye. :-)

2005/3/10 11:13Profile
TonyS

Kansas City, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
In the meantime I will be trying to get that plank out of my own eye.

Me too brother !!

A reporter once asked the great evangelist D.L. Moody which people gave him the most trouble. He answered immediately, “I’ve had more trouble with D.L. Moody than any man alive.”

2005/3/10 11:43Profile

Re:

Quote:
I get the feeling that you really don't like him

Thats not it at all... he's probably a lot of fun to hang out with. It's not personal. I pray for him everyday. I have a real compassion for his soul.

[i]Eph:6:12: For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.[/i]

Krispy

2005/3/10 12:09

Re:

Quote:

As well we all should! Amen.

But we cant let that stop us from warning others of the dangers of following this man. Letting people follow a false gospel into hell is the opposite of love.

Krispy

2005/3/10 12:11
MarkDaniel

Midwest, USA

Re:

Quote:

So many times I've heard this scripture misused and abused in order to either shut up or control and manipulate the watchmen of the church. These same scriptures are often misused as a means to judge or misjudge the heart of a watchmen or messenger. We have to honor the second half of these scriptures if we are going to use these scriptures at all...

Luke 6:42...You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Matthew 7:5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Scripture plainly shows that the plank CAN be removed from your eye so you can see clearly to remove the speck from your brothers. And those operating at that level of Godly awareness or anointing should not be pressured, by the misuse of this scripture, to be subdued or kept quiet if they have something that the Lord wants us to see or hear.

2005/3/10 17:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy