SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : very bad withdrawal symptoms from medication

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

very bad withdrawal symptoms from medication

I have been taking paxil for the past 4 months and after 4 months on it and seeing some progress with it i decided to stop taking it because i want to trust God and also try a healthier alternative, as you know most medication has really bad side effects and though can be helpful are still not that healthy for you and longterm effects could be bad. So for the past 2 weeks i stopped taking it and the withdrawal effects our really bad. I need prayer it is not easy getting off this. I heard l- theanine is very good for stress and anxiet which is an amino acid and i might get some. But, overall i dont want to lift off these meds, a pill that has these side effects cant be that good for you in the end of all things. If this doesnt work trying to go a healthy alternative i might take the meds again, but i really would like to not.Pleas keep me in your prayers and that the Lord willing would deliver me.

2013/3/10 4:37Profile
wildhorse86

Re: very bad withdrawal symptoms from medication

I am currently on Citapromil (Cipramil) and I am in the process of coming off Clonazepam (Rivotril) and I am going to swap to Sodium Valproate (Epilim) or at least we are going to trial it.

I echo your prayer bible4life - both for yourself and myself as I wish to be off these medications one day.

You were obviously put on this for a reason. I wouldn't be in such a rush to come off them if you were seeing process (as you've stated). There is a horrible stigma with "mind medication". If you have a problem with your heart you would take heart medication, if you have something that is causing depression or anxiety, why would you not treat it the same way? It is an organ after all.

I pray for your sake that you get off it, but don't be so quick not to seek God's guidance with the possibility of medication.

2013/3/10 7:51Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

Thank you for your prayers and concern. I am fully willing to do whatever God wants me to do i just have to wait and see.

2013/3/11 3:09Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
process

Brother, this is what stood out to me, it might be wise to slowly decrease the amounts over time maybe a month period to slowly wean yourself off from it so you don't shock your body.

Hope that helps.

2013/3/11 9:53Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

thanks Greg that probably would have been a smart idea. I need to change my diet, over the past few years my diet has got really bad, i have been living off of caffeine too much which hasnt helped my thinking. This does negate my spiritual struggles i have been having, but my health has not helped my cause. Some of the healthier alternatives to paxil that i looked up were l-theanine, 5htp, st. johns wort, b12 and b6 , omega 3 fatty acids. Their are a few others like SAME also, but i dont see it being a smart idea for me to take something that in the long run is going to cause other health problems. I want something with less side effects, but as i have told the Lord if it is no from him i will go back to medication.

2013/3/12 1:18Profile
vasilef

ROMANIA

I recommend all of you the next documentary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJntwwMecYQ&list=PLE3-24-xMhIuFxbuApWxEAtozMhCPH8iZ&index=1

as a brother told you already don't stop the medication suddenly without taking something else.
another advice: don't take natural supplements unless recommended by someone who knows their effects and what dose is good for you.
the best approach is to change your diet, no refined foods and sugar, eat wholegrains, vegetables, fruits.
I almost forgot the most important: at least 2 liters spring water/daily, one glass first thing in the morning and one before you go to bed.

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food” – Hippocrates.

2013/3/12 9:15Profile
proudpapa

bible4life

Hi John

My heart goes out to you!

John wrote ///i decided to stop taking it because i want to trust God///

You are correct to desire to stop taking it and to trust God!!

I believe in A God that has the power to free you John!

Why Do you feel that you have been struggling so much with depression?

I believe that your depression is a sign of hope, I believe it is God drawing you unto himself.

John 6:44
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

What does this drawing look like??
Jesus said Matthew 11:28
Come unto me, (((all ye))) that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

We must recognize this depression as hope, it is a drawing of God.

Lets channel this depression correctly.

2013/3/13 11:09Profile
table

How are you doing now???

2013/12/2 4:58Profile

Re:

Hi bible4life

It is not a good idea to come off meds like that so I would go back on it and plan out slow reduction along with improved diet cutting caffeine and refined carbs. There is plenty of advice on how to reduce depression with natural means and it is a bonus to know what genetic defects we have to cut out a lot of experimenting, but failing that (23andme test costs $99) you could get your doc to test you for MTHFR as I believe it comes under insurance in the US. If you have both copies of the faulty gene then you will have a good idea on what to take to get the methylation cycle working better which will improve detoxification and balance neurotransmitters.

Once you felt that far there is plenty of advice around by doctors and naturopaths (or forums) who are into this area of medicine.

*oh sorry is this an old one?

2013/12/2 6:50
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

Yah this was an old post. I actually did get better after the withdrawal effects, but i now began to struggle with other things so i am not much better.

2013/12/5 11:19Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy