SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Sufficient Grace

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DRS

Sufficient Grace

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Corinth.12:9

It seems that our limitations causes us to be more dependent upon Him thus this is when our best work for the Lord is performed.Note the three "my's",my grace,my strength and my infirmities.It's God's grace and strength and Paul's infirmities.

What is interesting here is that the words "strength" and "power" are the same Greek word and it is "dunamis" and it is where we get our word dynamite.It has to do with His mighty strength and abilities.

His powerful strength and abilities is made perfect in infirmities.The Greek word for perfect is "Teleioo"and means to finish or complete.

The word "rest" is translated from the Greek word "Episkenoo" and means to "spread a tent or tabernacle."

So what Paul is saying is that he would rather glory in his infirmities so that the mighty strength and abilities of Christ may spread a tabernacle upon him or cover him.Then he concludes with "for when I am weak then am I strong."(12:10) This is just the opposite of normal human reasoning.The mighty power and strength of Christ being revealed through us at a time you would think would be the least opportune,convenient or suitable circumstance.

His grace is sufficient.

2013/3/9 9:11Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy