SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is The Resurrection of Jesus Christ a True Historical Event?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Is The Resurrection of Jesus Christ a True Historical Event?

Does anybody believe the resurrection of Jesus Christ to be a true historical event? Did Jesus really rise from the dead or is tbis myth? Does historical fact really validate this?

Since Easter is coming up tbis might be a good discussion. Paul said if Jesus were not raised from the dead our faith would be in vain. And we are to be pittied more than all men.

So I ask you forum. Did Jesus really rise from the dead:

Bearmaster.

2013/3/8 20:06
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Is The Resurrection of Jesus Christ a True Historical Event?

Is this a trick question?

2013/3/8 22:23Profile
dohzman

Re: like ur tag

Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important."
~~C.S. Lewis

The baptism into the Holy Spirit was/is evidence of the Resurrection. After His Resurrection He gave many infallible proofs. There's a ton of evidence and apologetic arguments out there but right now I have no time...plenty of people here can open this one up I' m sure, maybe Robert or Mike will write on this one?

2013/3/8 23:38Profile
wombat1

Melbourne

Yep.

2013/3/9 0:51Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

John 20:28-31 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Good enough for me.

YES! HE IS RISEN

In Christ: Phillip

2013/3/9 4:43Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

The fact that almost all the apostles died martyrs deaths is a huge evidential point.

Many people will give up their life for something they truly believe, even though they may be mistaken(i.e. muslim extremists).

However, it is entirely a different matter to die for something you KNOW is a lie. If the apostles had made up the story about Jesus being alive, at least ONE of them, just before being beheaded or crucified would have said, "Wait a minute guys, we were just kidding." But none of them did so.

2013/3/9 8:02Profile
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Re: Resurrection of Jesus

historian Josephus writes about Christ. And always adds, "Though I do not beleive"

The enemies testimony of Jesus is proof he lived

2013/3/9 10:44Profile
wombat1

Melbourne

Yep.

2013/3/9 17:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy