SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Sermon Index Chat Room

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Sermon Index Chat Room

Does Sermon Index have a Chat line, and if not, what say ye?

2005/3/9 17:04
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: Sermon Index Chat Room

What's a chat line?

2005/3/9 17:43Profile

Re:

I brought this up before and all I got was a yawn. I sure would like to see a chat room here.

2005/3/9 17:52
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
I brought this up before and all I got was a yawn. I sure would like to see a chat room here.

For more details on the yawn

The other thing to keep in mind is that SI is a worldwide family, and a chat room would inevitably exclude some folks...

The sun that bids us rest is waking
Our brethren ’neath the western sky,
And hour by hour fresh lips are making
Thy wondrous doings heard on high.

2005/3/9 18:01Profile

Re: phil....

You turned my tickle over :lol:

2005/3/9 18:07
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

Ah, okay! I know what you guys are talking about now. Yes, I got to join one of those old SI chat sessions. Someone taught; I don't remember who. Different and interesting for sure.

I guess there's nothing wrong with sharing new ideas, or... trying to resurrect old ones. Maybe pray about it. I don't know that Greg has the time or the resources being up at the Bible college. In the meantime, God's blessed us with what's here.

2005/3/9 19:53Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I guess there's nothing wrong with sharing new ideas, or... trying to resurrect old ones. Maybe pray about it. I don't know that Greg has the time or the resources being up at the Bible college. In the meantime, God's blessed us with what's here.

Yes having Live Seminars where a good speaker will share a message is something I want to have as part of the site. I am hoping to get a good solution for that technology but most cost quite abit of money. I do see later down the road this is something that can be done [b]live[/b] audio/video text chat with the preacher. Please pray about this.. it is something where just the technological tool is the roadblock to having it on the site. If God wants it to work out it will. I know when I first started it on SI that it was somewhat of a pioneering of something new and I still have that desire to jump into that new thing and opportunities to share the gospel.

But to just have a plain text chat room where people can just discuss generic things live I don't think would be as fruitful as this forum meduim that we are utilizing here on SI.

2005/3/9 21:53Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Chit Chat

Boy ZekeO has got me going with this subject line thing...

Hmmm, recall those days brother. It was interesting, but found it a bit hard after listening to the message and then discussing it. Having so many voices going at the same time and trying to keep up with the back and forth, especially if your typing is on the slow side, not much time for reflection.

But am not really familiar with it other than that and would hedge towards Ron's thoughts. Also would wonder about the penchant carrying over towards even more slang here, being that you end up having to abbreviate so much...

Of course what you were doing before was a bit different than just having a plain chat room.

Quote:
But to just have a plain text chat room where people can just discuss generic things live I don't think would be as fruitful as this forum meduim that we are utilizing here on SI.

Agree.

2005/3/9 22:23Profile
AgesofWar

Chicago IL USA

A Idea

Suggestion: we have an agreed message we all listen too in video or audio format, and after we discuss it?

What do you guys think?

PS. I like Wilkerson or Ravenhill or somone along those lines then we can as a group discuss

2005/3/9 22:31Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: A Idea

Hmmm, you might be on to something there...
It would be helpful in drawing out some comments that could also be used later for the description headings for just one thought.

Making dinner right now but this sounds like a pretty good idea...

2005/3/9 22:41Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy