SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : But Why Not Look Unto Christ to be Saved?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Sree regarding the churches in Revelation these were people who supposedly had a relationship with Jesus and they needed to repent of sinful practices or issues that were causing them to turn away from Jesus. The first letter of Paul to the Corithians was the same situation. The Corithians had some issues Paul addressed they needed to repent of.

The issue of A Christian needing to repent of their sins in a continual walk with Jesus is understood. But are we going to mandate a person who comes to Jesus to gaze at their sin and moan under the weight if it before they find salvation in Jesus?

Brother it seems tto me that when one comes into an experience with the living Christ they immediately turn awash from their sins. Zzachaeous the tax collector and Saul of Tarsus are two exampnes from the New Testament I think of.

Again ny thoughts.

Bearmaster.

2013/3/4 16:09
Sree

Re:

Quote:

Brother it seems tto me that when one comes into an experience with the living Christ they immediately turn awash from their sins. Zzachaeous the tax collector and Saul of Tarsus are two exampnes from the New Testament I think of.

Amen. This is my point as well. If you come into contact with Living Christ you will repent automatically. So there is no belief without repenting. If someone said it exists then it means they did not believe at all.

Quote:

The issue of A Christian needing to repent of their sins in a continual walk with Jesus is understood.

The point I was trying to make is people who disregard the need for repentance argue that Repentance is work of the Holy Spirit hence we should not mandate it in a believer. If this is true then there is no need for Jesus to ask the Churches to repent. He could have easily produced repentance inside them. If Jesus wanted the Churches to repent by listening to the Spirit then what will be the case of unbelievers?

2013/3/4 16:31Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

There is a lot of use of the word Repentance what I would like to know is what you mean when you use that word?

2013/3/4 16:53Profile

Re:

Brother Sree we are in agreement. So did you come to Christ under Zac Poohen's mtinistry-

Bear.

2013/3/4 16:55

Re:

If repentance were simply a matter of conviction of sin and nothing more than this then we would none of us have found peace even by now, no matter when we first came under conviction of sin. Why is it not possible for us to believe the testimony of scripture?

For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law; for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified. For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus. Romans 2:12-16

The Law was given to Israel not the gentiles. So how could a gentile in the days of Israel ever experience or comprehend the offence of sin. According to this passage from Romans is has to do with a "work of the law written in their own hearts". A friend of mine who is a pastor spent seven days in travail and agonies when he came under a conviction of sin, before he was born again. His children were the instrument of God to witness to him. For seven days he knew without doubt that he stood in a perilous condition before God and it broke him completely. At what point did repentance come in for this man? It came at the point at which God showed him the way of escape. He took it and fled into the arms of God. As I said earlier when I first comprehended the Father, was born again, and knew it without any shadow of doubt, I wept for joy and gladness and spoke over and over again, the word, thank you Father, thank you Father. What was the difference between myself and this pastor friend?

I knew I was a sinner because I had no reason to boast at all. He did not comprehend his sin before the Spirit brought him into conviction, because he had every reason to boast. Repentance is not the conviction of sin. It is the power to turn away from sin and unto Christ Who paid the price.

If all we ever knew was the conviction of sin and nothing of turning away from sin, we would all be completely exhausted and throw ourselves into Hell voluntarily in order to find relief. What happens after we have been born again will in the end be a matter of the heart and the calling of God in our lives. Otherwise we are saving ourselves and will soon stumble and become fools at best and hypocrites at worst. Ongoing repentance need not be a matter of conviction alone, it seems to me to be a deliberate and conscious process of confessing our sins in the continued knowledge that Christ died for us because of our sin. Knowing that alone ought to make us ever willing to confess, and by faith turn away from sinful practises, no matter how many times we have to do do it. If some have taught that we can live fleshy lives and need not repent of those things which are carnal and contrary to the Spirit who indwells us, then they have become the agents of lawlessness. Yet neither can we go back to trying to live by the Law. Neither can we be renewed again unto repentance, as though to be born again a second time. Yet we can hold an attitude of a repentant heart and in that we can learn to serve God. Without hypocrisy that is my ambition and I know very well that even to this hour I sin.

2013/3/4 17:18
Elibeth

Re:

Thank you Bearmaster,

I do appreciate your response.

These are some of the things The Lord has been revealing.

It is not mine,it is His,....I really believe He would have me share them.

Blessings,
elizabeth

2013/3/4 22:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy