Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : With and without God - in decisions

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

With and without God - in decisions

Today, I heard the last 10 minutes of a sermon. I think the speaker was Warren Weirsbe(sp) and he said something I don't really agree with. He said he feels sorry for those who are not Christians, who don't know God. How do they make it in life with decisions. To be lost and making decisions on their own. I thought, did I really miss something in translation here?

When it comes to God and being 'lost' doesn't that refer to eternity the sins that separates us from God leaving us dead inside? It has nothing to do with our own decision making in our lives. Many people making decisions that better than lives so much down the road without necessarily praying to God for help. My mom is an example of this. She isn't an Atheist. She is what I call a backseat Catholic.

I know a number of people who are Christian who seems to make a number of bad decisions. One would think they prayed about it yet the decision turned out bad.

What have I missed in translation?

2013/3/2 8:48Profile
dohzman

Re: With and without God - in decisions

I would have to hear his sermon to be able to really comment on this , however Warren W. is pretty solid, I will say this in direction and decisions we make, sometimes even Christians have a difficult time because the way God directs us is often times an obscure precept we just do not seem to understand and He is taking us through some learning lessons. But even if it's a negative enforcement type of lesson and we made the wrong choice the Lord will always redeem it for us, not so in the world or among the unsaved. The benefits in life alone..makes one wonder why we as Christians do not or would not pity the unsaved. As to lost being only in terms of eternity, that might be cutting it awful close, for me personally because when I came to Christ I really needed a daily Savior (I know some don't), but I did. He had to teach me how to live, think, and operate in life. I can only speak for myself here, when He came into my life He had His work cut out for Himself. So while I instantly knew that if I died that moment I would go to be with Him in heaven, I didn't die and really needed someone to show me how to live in this life, and through His written Word and His life by the Holy Spirit....all these years later...I find I still need His help.

2013/3/2 17:07Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I do understand that some people need that daily Savior and usually the more down in a hole a person is in life the more they need to be loved of God and led by God because they never had proper direction in their life to begin with. I never experienced that kind of life.

I never understood the concept for relying on God for 'everything' because in doing so would anything really get done in a persons life? At some point doesn't an individual live their life and along the way God gives provision and gives direction in a person's life even when the person doesn't realize it?

I look back at when I got a job with the company I am with right now. I went from driving 5 minutes to driving 20-25 minutes. I left the former company because I saw alot of bad things happening and I soon saw there was going to be a dead end there soon. So, I applied for a much bigger company and landed a job there starting out making more than I did with this former company. The former company went out of business about 2-3 years later. Since then with the company I am with now I have more than doubled what I started out with in pay and am in position that I never thought I would be in. I am used to physical labor jobs and now I have a desk job doing data entry. My decision through all of this wasn't taken to prayer. It was done out of seeing the need to make a life decision as a result of seeing a problem in the work environment so I made the decision to look elsewhere for my future.

My 'career' choice path has worked out for me so far and I have been with this company for 14 years. Yet, can a preacher say that he doesn't understand an unsaved person making any decision without God in the equation? It is like saying you can't have a successful marriage without being a Christian and that isn't true at all either.

What do you think?

John

2013/3/2 21:58Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy