SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is the U.S. already under judgment?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
romanchog

Is the U.S. already under judgment?

I keep hearing that God is eventually going to judge our nation for all the perversion and the murder of children.

In studying Romans 1 the question occurred to me: is our nation already under judgment? (Forgive me if this has already been discussed here.)
Rom 1:18 states that the wrath of God is revealed against those who suppress the truth in UNRIGHTEOUSNESS.

It then goes on to give detail what the wrath of God looks like:

Rom 1:18-32 tells us that those who do not glorify God as God and ARE NOT THANKFUL (Rom 1:21)
1. become futile in their thoughts and their foolish hearts are darkened (Rom 1:21)
2. worship the creature rather than the creator (Rom 1: 25)(is this not a picture of the current environmental movement, who will fight so hard to save an animal, but refuses to acknowledge God and even supports the murder of babies- increasingly even born babies! - for the sake of the environment.)

God also gives them over to
1. uncleanness and vile passions, defiling themselves in homosexual acts (Rom 1: 24-27)
2. a debased mind to be filled with: "29 all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving,unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them."

Is this not the picture of our nation? I think based on this, we are already seeing the wrath of God manifest here. This is not the same form of wrath that we will see at the coming of the Lord, when the glory of His majesty will shake the foundations of the earth and burn everything that is unholy. Nonetheless, it seems to me that the perversion that we are seeing in our nation IS the manifest wrath of God. May He have mercy on all of us!

2013/3/1 12:12Profile

Re: Is the U.S. already under judgment?

Yes.

2013/3/1 14:04
passerby

The Lord God Almighty, the God of Abraham is gracious and merciful.

If a nation set its value in His Divine providence and not on human knowledge, strength, and wisdom the Lord God remembers it 'Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God (Acts 10:4).

If we fear and revere Him not, then we will be vessels for destruction 'Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?" (Rom 9:21).

Romans 2:5 "But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God"

2013/3/1 14:20Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Looking at Romans 1 and the Book of Jeremiah it seems rather clear that we are a culture upon which has come the wrath of God in that He has given it over to its lusts. The real question is what is our message to such a culture?

Our generation needs to hear the truth that man cannot disregard God, that a people like ourselves who have had such light and then deliberately turned away stand under God's judgment.

God is a God of grace, but the other side of the coin of grace is judgment. If God is holy, there must be judgment. If we believe that God is there and that He is holy can we seriously think that He does not care that a country like ours has turned from Him?

We need tears like the prophet Jeremiah, for we live in a time very much like his own. We need to also preach judgment like he did according to the Spirit of God. It won't be received well by our culture or the church yet such preaching is what this generation needs. We need men who will point out what happens when men turn to Vanity Fair.

In Christ,

Ron

2013/3/1 16:12Profile
turn

USA

Re:

The Bible uses debt as an analogy for sin. It's in parables. It's in the Lord's prayer.

Sin and debt are both piling high in the USA. We are seeing many types of sin and many types of debt.

A revived Church would be more effective as salt and light.

2013/3/1 20:29Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

I agree. This would also explain the hardness of hearts we see demonstrated among those who have apostatized.

BTW, I see this chapter as a perfect explanation for what we are seeing around us.

2013/3/4 6:37Profile
dohzman

As you look at judgement s especially in a Land where the principles of God exist or where the very foundation is based on the principles of God (much like looking at Israel in the OT), I'm speaking as to the founding laws and constitution, than God's dealings will be progressive until that nation reaches a point of no return, than things go forward at a very fast pace, its like reaping what you've sow right away, and in triplicate. Personally I see the fracturing of the States from the Federal Government to be a indicator of such as well as all the financial problems. Couple that with the rapid increase of mental illness and just for good measure we'll include the weather patterns which have and will continue to hit in multiples.Your list above taken from the book of Romans is also good to note when observing people, how ever to some degree those characteristics have always been present in every generation
but this one seems to be moving to the extreme unlike any other time period.Like you I believe we are already under God's judgement s but at what point will we hit the place of no return?I think (personally) we are close.

2013/3/4 10:47Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy