SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Church gives away gun at service Sunday

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Sree

Church gives away gun at service Sunday

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -
A church in Flowery Branch is giving away a gun at their evening services on Sunday.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/21320449/church-gives-away-gun-at-service-sunday

2013/2/25 10:28Profile
SkepticGuy

Re: Church gives away gun at service Sunday

doesnt matter if its a gun, a car or a cherry pie. this is not what the church is supposed to be or be doing. shameful.

2013/2/25 11:52Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

When we see this zaney things happening in churches we have to point the finger at the cultural influence of society around them in that area. So many times it is there to make some kind of a statement.

I wonder, when it comes to missions, has any missionary every come across this in other countries in which some churches end up doing just weird things that would be considered extra biblical? And if so why did they do it?

2013/2/25 12:27Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

It is just a clear sign of apostasy coming closer and closer and being in many main-line larger churches. I believe gathering as small groups of believers will be an important step for many true brothers in the coming near future: www.gospelfellowships.net

2013/2/25 12:59Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

I agree, Greg.

When I first saw the title of this thread, the first thing that went through my mind was that some churches are doing a very similar thing without knowing it.

Instead of undiluted truth of God's Word, many are "giving away" other harmful things -- including false doctrine, division, gossip, religious idleness or even well-meaning yet inclusive "indoctrination" requirements for Christian fellowship (sectarian "We Believe" lists that often serve to divide the Body of Christ rather than actually unite).

It also makes me think of churches that use fleshly "gimmicks" in order to "win the world." In reality, the Church is not called to "win the world" but to present Christ to the world and allow the Spirit to draw those who desire Him. When I think of churches that use things like entertainment, gimmicks, programs, concerts, etc... as a "method" to "win the lost," I wonder if it is simply catering to the flesh...or worse.

Is it possible that some of these "good ideas" might actually be just as dangerous as a Church placing a gun in the hand?

2013/2/25 14:02Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

It also makes me think of churches that use fleshly "gimmicks" in order to "win the world." In reality, the Church is not called to "win the world" but to present Christ to the world and allow the Spirit to draw those who desire Him. When I think of churches that use things like entertainment, gimmicks, programs, concerts, etc... as a "method" to "win the lost," I wonder if it is simply catering to the flesh...or worse.

I agree with you. The problem is not in using wrong methods to win the world. The problem is in the purpose of winning the world. I believe their true motive is to populate the Church to get more money for the Church. Since by using Jesus name they are not able to pull more people, they are trying to pull them using worldly gifts and entertainment.

If Christ is not enough for people to accept Gospel then what else will be?

2013/2/25 14:38Profile

Re:

Is this a gimmick to get people to church? Or to make a statement they are armed to protect themselves?. The Arkansas General Assembly passed a bill to allow those with conceal and carry to bring their weapons to church.

Whatever the reason. One wonders what Jesus meant when he said all who draw the sword will die by the sword.

My thoughts.

Bearmaster.

2013/2/25 17:26
proudpapa

Re:

///It also makes me think of churches that use fleshly "gimmicks" in order to "win the world." In reality, the Church is not called to "win the world" but to present Christ to the world and allow the Spirit to draw those who desire Him. When I think of churches that use things like entertainment, gimmicks, programs, concerts, etc... as a "method" to "win the lost," I wonder if it is simply catering to the flesh...or worse.///

this very well said ccchhhrrriiisss

2013/2/25 21:33Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy