· Text Sermons
    Christian Books
    Online Bibles
· Video Sermons
· Vintage Images
· Discussion Forum
· Help Support
· Contact Us

Share SI with others - Add a website link or image banner on your website or blog.

Discussion Forum : General Topics : a story that will bless and encourage

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
tbsounde2

Los Angeles, CA

a story that will bless and encourage

hi guys, i just wanted to share a story with you all that i am certain will be a blessing to many if not all you of here. it is a story about a pastor in south korea named pastor lee who takes in mentally and physically disabled children that are abandoned by their parents. an article was published about him in LA Times called "south korean pastor tends an unwanted flock" which you can find here

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jun/19/world/la-fg-south-korea-orphans-20110620

based on this article, a young filmmaker by the name of brian ivie read the article and was so moved by it that he decided he had to fly out to korea to document what pastor lee was doing. he started a kickstart ad and people, including myself, helped him to reach his target funds needed to go ahead and make the film. fast forwarding to the present, brian wins the grand prize at a christian film festival and shares how he got saved through his interactions with pastor lee; seeing Christ displayed through true christian faith and religion. i've attached a link to the video here

http://www.saicff.org/press/releases/2013/02/san_antonio_independent_christ_11/

for me personally, it reminded me again about what truly matters in the eyes of God; not big ministry, not power, or signs and wonders, or wealth, or influence...but a humble, lowly, and sincere heart before the Lord, faithfully doing the "little" with thanksgiving...sigh...thank you Lord, thank you so much for your truth and your goodness...for reminding me of what i should be seeking...of what truly matters...

2013/2/22 0:31Profile
Aprlshws

Re: a story that will bless and encourage

Thanks for posting this would like to see the movie can't find much about it online seems not to be available on dvd I will try later at Christian bookstore.

2013/2/22 9:08Profile
dohzman

Touching indeed. Let's remember to keep out brother in prayer for protection from the evil one and that He would always discern the direction the Lord has for him not only in his film making but also in his personal life and have the grace and character of faith to do it. Wonderful!

Luk 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent Me to proclaim freedom to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set free the oppressed,
Luk 4:19 to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor.
There it is the plumline! How do I measure up to it? How do we measure up to it? Are we like Jesus, our master, or no?

2013/2/22 9:38Profile
ArthurRosh

Waterloo, Ontario

Incredible. Amazing. Thank-you.

2013/2/22 10:29Profile
tbsounde2

Los Angeles, CA

Re:

amen! that was my prayer for him as i was watching the award ceremony clip, that God would protect him from all the traps and pitfalls that he will face as he makes his way to the celestial kingdom. reminds me of the song amazing grace: "through many dangers toils and snares i have already come, twas grace that brought me safe thus far and grace will lead me home"
but yah, God is good...so so good, haha, glad you guys were blessed =)

also, the dvd isn't out yet, just fyi, i'll definitely post when it comes out!

2013/2/22 16:34Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

The following is an incredible story about a pastor in South Korea named pastor Lee who takes in mentally and physically disabled children that are abandoned by their parents. An article was published about him in LA Times called "South Korean Pastor Tends an Unwanted Flock". Based on this article, a young 22 year-old filmmaker by the name of Brian Ivie read the article and was so moved that he decided to fly out to South Korea to document what pastor Lee was doing. Brian eventually wins the grand prize at a Christian Film Festival and shares how he got saved through his interactions with pastor Lee; seeing Christ displayed through true Christian faith.

Trailer:
http://vimeo.com/41412962

“If Christians around the world were to suddenly renounce their personal agendas, their life goals and their aspirations, and begin responding in radical obedience to everything God showed them. the world would be turned upside down. How do we know? Because that's what first century Christians did, and the world is still talking about it.” - Henry Blackaby

2013/2/22 17:44Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

The film will be available here: http://www.dropbox-movie.com

“If Christians around the world were to suddenly renounce their personal agendas, their life goals and their aspirations, and begin responding in radical obedience to everything God showed them. the world would be turned upside down. How do we know? Because that's what first century Christians did, and the world is still talking about it.” - Henry Blackaby

2013/2/22 17:48Profile
PaulWest

Central Texas

Re:

I put the link to the promo on my facebook. This is grassroots Christianity. I'm not surprised that the man who filmed it found Jesus Christ and discovered the heart of God. How could you not!

"On the top of those very billows, which look as if they would overwhelm us, walks the Son of God." Oswald Chambers

2013/2/22 18:05Profile
Aprlshws

Summer of 2013

I should have looked more carefully at the website I assumed since it won an award it was already out, on website left corner it says it's negotiating a summer 2013 release.

2013/2/23 11:37Profile

©2002-2014 SermonIndex.net Audio Sermons | Google+
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival. | Privacy Policy