SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : unequally yoked

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
pressingon

Re: unequally yoked

Thank you all, for your great advise I think you are right. I feel the same way. She must be resisting Holy Spirit conviction. And her own flesh blinds her. This person is in my care at this time and I am praying for a softened heart, to give her the right words, as we will take time to talk of this tomorrow.

My biggest question today is, maybe she won’t be unequally yoked because maybe she isn’t saved either.

2005/3/9 12:51Profile
lastblast

Michigan

Re:

Quote:
My biggest question today is, maybe she won’t be unequally yoked because maybe she isn’t saved either.

That is a valid question. There are many who profess to be Christians, but in reality are not. I found this to be the case with my sister who professed with robustness that she was a believer and was quite indignant when I discussed God's Word with her in relation to some sin issues (fornication). She married an unbeliever---knowing what the scriptures teach on this. I thought she was in rebellion. I now find out through my father that she was just "playing Christian" because she was young and didn't know what she wanted, so she grasped hold of Christianity for awhile. What I now know is that she is not unequally yoked........now the saddest part of this whole thing is knowing for sure she is not saved :-(

2005/3/9 14:30Profile

Re:

I think we will be shocked when we get to heaven and find out that many people who we thought were believers are not there...

...may we all be sure that [b]we ourselves[/b] are there!

Krispy

2005/3/9 17:08
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

I would say that even among believers marriages can be unequally yoked. Just as two oxen would carry a yoke atop both their shoulders and pull a plow, so the example works for us. If one ox is weaker than the other, slower, maimed, or unequal in strength then the job is hindered and it becomes difficult for the strong ox who ends up pulling most of the weight. Soon they will both become tired and faint. This is a good example for Christians.

A wonderful pastor friend of mine told me that when one get's married, one should never have to 'sink' or lower to a level that they were not at before, but that both partners should join, only to continue making progress forward, never backwards, never slowing down, only speeding up!

In Jesus Christ, whom we love!
-Eli

2005/3/14 11:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy