SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : learning...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

learning...

“Help me God to realize that, like Jacob, it is in being crippled that i learn to cling, and in limping that i learn to lean... that victory comes not in how courageously i struggle, but in how completely i surrender...Help me to learn that this is how i am to grow, by being defeated by You, decisively...Help me to understand that Your power is perfected in weakness, so that when I’m rendered weak, You are given the opportunity to be shown strong.”

These are not my words and yet they describe my heart so perfectly. I pray it might bless some other few here as we are pointed toward JESUS.

God bless
mj

2013/2/17 8:33Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: learning...

Thank you for sharing this. I have been thinking much about Jacob and Peniel lately. An old way of walking came to an end that day and a new way began.

In Christ,

Ron

2013/2/17 10:09Profile
turn

USA

Re: learning...

God's strength is made perfect in the weakness of our infirmities (2 Corinthians 12:9). The context in 2Co 12 is Paul's thorn in the flesh. Paul didn't desire the infirmity of the thorn. Paul pleaded with the Lord three times that the thorn might be gone. While the thorn continued, Paul learned to rejoice in it: "...most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

Humbling ourselves is good. Enjoying Christ's power upon us is good. Weakening ourselves would not be good. On the contrary, the imperative of Ephesians 6:10-11 commands:

Be Strong in the Lord and in the power of His Might. Put on the whole armor of God...

2013/2/17 18:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy