SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Tribal(denominational) pride

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
tractman77

Rogers, Arkansas

Tribal(denominational) pride

I am thankful for the many brother and sisters in the Lord. God has used many from a variety of denominations in Christ. I am blessed to have in the past partnered with a group of guys that went evangelizing on Market Square in the Spring time. We came from different churches and denominations.

As time goes on, I pray our tribal pride will subside as we get closer to the end of time. If we stay united on the Basics of the faith, we should not have any problems.

I know from time to time I see and hear the drumbeats of tribal pride in both the Calvinist and Non-Calvinist camps. Biblically it becomes a time waster when these two camps strut their feathers. We have more pressing issues at hand, especially proclaiming the Gospel and making disciples.
I love you all in all the tribes. If Biblical principles are being followed, I am learning not to worry about if you are or are not a Calvinist. God can work mightily in us and through us when we don't aim our theological guns at the other brethren.
Jesus had to rebuke his disciples when they tried to stop someone not among the 12 from casting out a demon in the name of Jesus. Jesus said to his group, "Hey, if they are for us, do not stop them. He who is for me is not against me."(Tractman translation.)

2013/2/13 13:24Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Tribal(denominational) pride

Quote:
As time goes on, I pray our tribal pride will subside as we get closer to the end of time. If we stay united on the Basics of the faith, we should not have any problems.

Amen brother, there is the body of Christ which all true believers are a part. What a blessing to learn from so many brothers from different church denominations.

2013/2/13 15:43Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re: Tribal(denominational) pride

Amen tractman77, refreshing reminder. It is so grieving to see believers arguing over non-salvific matters. That is just what Satan loves to see. May we stay focused on what really matters, as you say, preaching the Gospel and making disciples.

2013/2/13 15:51Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy